Dan Hardy. Past and present... Such a contrast

JohnOates

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am pretty impressed with Dan's persona these days. He's well spoken and shows a degree of class.

Contrast that to his 'Outlaw' fighing days, red mohawk and persona. It's like a completely different person.

Do you agree?

Anyone else with such a contrast?

Contrast that to his 'Outlaw' fighing days, red mohawk and persona. It's like a completely different person.

Not really surprising, I've seen plenty people from punk and metal undergrounds turn into well-spoken hipsters after turning 30.

I think the headsets would mess up his Mohawk, hence being bald mostly these days. Idk. Just talking out my ass. Love him during commentary though

Probably being out of the fight game, fighting is so selfish and demanding that i can't even imagine how one can be a normal person if he want to become champion.

You do understand a “persona” and what it is?

By definition, a persona is not the true character.

Are you just basing that on the mohawk? He was always pretty well-spoken.

Even back in the day Dan was still a smart person with wit. Really just moved on from the mohawk as far as I'm concerned.

It's just a hairstyle.

I'm certain the vast majority of the roster's real personality and talents are unknown to us.

Dan Hardy did DMT with Joe Rogan once.

The elves talked him out of punk rock, and bestowed upon him vast knowledge. He became well spoken ever since.

Ya but I want to see him back in the cage, Mohawk and all.

Dan Hardy was the original Conor McGregor. Only difference is dan ran into gap and the hype stopped. McGregor got a half camp Mendez and a lucky also punch.

I've been a fan since his fighting days. He's a smart guy, and it's a pity he got diagnosed with wolfheart, but he definitely seems to have made the most of a bad situation. Read his interview shortly after he got diagnosed, he was traveling to Thailand I believe? Very articulaye, well-spoken, down-to-eartn dude. Still a big fan, love his commentating.

Dan was on Mike Swicks internet show and they talked about their fight. Dan talked about his gameplan, that he was to always be moving forward because you can't let Swick pressure you. It was nice seeing two guys so respectful to each other.

Always seemed like a cool guy to me. Love his analysis, you can tell he does his homework and takes it very seriously, he is also very humble when discussing coaches and their understanding of the game.

Class act all around.

Not really surprising, I've seen plenty people from punk and metal undergrounds turn into well-spoken hipsters after turning 30.

They all get the sides shaved slicked hair on top, and start craft breweries after 30

Grown up punks are really likeable, it's weird

I am pretty impressed with Dan's persona these days. He's well spoken and shows a degree of class.

Do you agree?

His persona then was not any different than it is today. I swear, some of these delusional threads. Literally just fabricating bullshit.

Didn’t like him then, don’t like him now. For the tough guy talk he was called out by Mickey Gall and promptly said, “...nah I’m good.”

Thought it was pretty gay that he was so butt hurt about sucking at wrestling that he typed an essay basically saying wrestling should be... outlawed in MMA

Do you agree?

"The Outlaw" was probably just a persona to "go get some fans".

In reality he is a very intelligent and well-spoken man.

Back