Dan Hardy: "Khabib has no footwork, Conor will use angles and KO him"

I would be criticizing him too if he was holding 2 divisions at the same time

Criticizing a little bit, but you'd be a fan, bud.

Criticizing a little bit, but you'd be a fan, bud.
it all depends. I would certainly be a little bit more inclined to be a fan because he's brazilian, but just slightly. it helps but it's not a deciding factor. if you're being a piece of shit I won't like you just because you're brazilian. a lot of brazilians are like that, but not me

it all depends. I would certainly be a little bit more inclined to be a fan because he's brazilian, but just slightly. it helps but it's not a deciding factor. if you're being a piece of shit I won't like you just because you're brazilian. a lot of brazilians are like that, but not me

But what if Aldo wasn't Brazilian? So the whole Conor Aldo thing was reversed?

Hardy is 100% correct. Look how much Conor has evolved since his first fight with Nate when he was doing this.

AcceptableAnotherAstarte.gif

You can see the improvement in the angles he takes and how he uses his footwork to escape trouble in the second fight.

uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif
RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
efd4PI9JM812w.gif
opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

Compare L5 above with below and you can see Conor use his footwork to not only avoid the ref who totally got in his way but he was oh so close to landing that deadly Left hand which would’ve ended the fight.

Funnier.gif

Very possible.

On the flip side conor as not heart for a long gruelling fight - if Khabby gets in without being ko'd it is going to be conor's nightmare. He was asking to be stood up before Chad started to gas and went for the hail mary guillotine.

Both have glaring flaws with the skill set but both seem to over come them - for the most part.

I agree with Hardys analysis but I think Khabib is just so much better and hungrier than a fragile coke addicted McGregor he’ll find a way to win.

you're just being annoyed for no reason. would you consider khabib european? would any reasonable person consider him european? or a dagestani/russian european? I don't think so

and according to this wiki map right here, a way bigger part of russia is in asia, not in europe.

537px-Europe_orthographic_Caucasus_Urals_boundary_%28with_borders%29.svg.png

what matters is, in practical terms, russians are not europeans. no one considers them that. why not consider them CIS like people are starting to. at least in the gaming world that's where they are and that's what makes sense. they're too different to be europeans or asians
Europeans are all different, you have Nordics, Mediterraneants etc, different languages

But what if Aldo wasn't Brazilian? So the whole Conor Aldo thing was reversed?
it doesn't matter much. if anyone is holding up belts without a reasonable explanation (injured), I will also hate them. I don't care anymore about what they do outside the cage. I long hated jones for being a scumbag outside and inside the cage and what not, but I don't care anymore, as long as he doesn't fight dirty and fight regularly, I couldn't care less. but just don't try to fuck up the sport, as in holding belts without defending them, try to fight non top contenders (bisping, cruz when he fought faber....). as long as you're not doing that, I'm fine with it (parenthesis for woodley, boring as fuck and whiny as fuck. wouldn't mind him whining if he wasn't like the most boring champ ever)

dans not wrong though about khabib. dude has terrible boxing / footwork. its amazing really hes got away with it for so long.

there where some 10 year olds at a boxing club i used to go to whom could have legitimately outboxed khabib.

He also said it can go either way and Khabib poses problems Conor hasn’t seen. He is biased but he backs it up and is absolutely not assertive. I guess this separates him enough from us lowly sherdoggers.

it doesn't matter much. if anyone is holding up belts without a reasonable explanation (injured), I will also hate them. I don't care anymore about what they do outside the cage. I long hated jones for being a scumbag outside and inside the cage and what not, but I don't care anymore, as long as he doesn't fight dirty and fight regularly, I couldn't care less. but just don't try to fuck up the sport, as in holding belts without defending them, try to fight non top contenders (bisping, cruz when he fought faber....). as long as you're not doing that, I'm fine with it (parenthesis for woodley, boring as fuck and whiny as fuck. wouldn't mind him whining if he wasn't like the most boring champ ever)

I get what you are saying, but those money fights champs take also help the sport. It helps bring in the money and attention that helps grow the sport, which in turn helps everything associated with the sport. Not to mention that these fighters are doing this as their job, not just to please the fans. Like in Bisping's case, he didn't have much time left in the sport and especially only then had the rare opportunity to make a lot more money than usual. Can you really blame him for wanting to set himself up for retirement? The MW division hasn't collapsed because of it. It might be doing better than it has been in a long while now, even.

A Brit rooting for another Brit, is normal.

And to all the Irish people trying to educate me on the difference between Northern and Southern Ireland
<MaryseShutIt>

Ha the IRA would probably plant a truck bomb on your street if they knew where you were right now

As an American the following are basically synonyms: United Kingdom, Great Britain, England, Wales, New Zealand, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Australia. All of the above = British.
I don't know if you're trolling but that is one of the most pig ignorant things I've ever read here. Why don't you throw America and Canada in to your retarded conclusion seeing that they are ex British colonies and Canada head of state is still the Queen of England?

I don't know if you're trolling but that is one of the most pig ignorant things I've ever read here. Why don't you throw America and Canada in to your retarded conclusion seeing that they are ex British colonies and Canada head of state is still the Queen of England?
<MaryseShutIt>

Back