Damo Marino's spindly apendages

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by ngarauru, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ngarauru

ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

Bought a new bike in the weekend, she goes like shit off a shovel, better learn to look after her:
    https://www.cxmagazine.com/mechanical-mondays-daily-maintenance-and-inspection-routine
    Tuesday outside of cycling I've fallen off a little and need to get my shit together.
    I do a longer yoga session as my bod is adjusting to the unusual geometry of the new vehicle.
    Wednesday is another longer yoga session, I've actually had some ligament/ meniscus issue with my right knee so I'm gonna hang at home instead of jits.
    Friday is another longer yoga session, I'm gonna have to go see the doc my knee is fucked.

Saturday I get my bike professionally fitted, my leg can extend properly and I can really power through the hip, I do a yoga sesh in the arvo.
    Sunday I do another yoga session in the morning and a myofascial release.
    I'm all loosey goosy after all the yoga, it's great, I can really get down into some positions I couldn't before.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. ngarauru

Monday
    Post work yoga.
    Bike my route in and bike the mrs' route (just under 15km) out then to jits.
    We do traditional warm up at jits and then partner drills, toreando to knee on belly to switch knee on belly to back step to mount.
    From closed guard we do posture break, hip bump sweep, shrimp off trapped elbow then take back and open guard to submission play using two on one of uke's sleeve.
    Then we do king of the hill type game passing and submitting.
    Chris pairs colors and whites, whites goal is to pass using hip pressure, colors goal is open guard play using feet as hands.

I do a couple of push up and yoga sessions and also watch some jits doco's
    I could have done more this week but come Sunday arvo I feel well rested and not drained from training.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. ngarauru

Monday
    Bike in to work and yoga for hips and legs
    Got a heart rate monitor so gonna start using it
    Max rate is 220-40=180
    Moderate exercise intensity: 50 to about 70 percent
    Vigorous exercise intensity: 70 to about 85 percent
    Heart rate reserve (HRR) subtracting your resting heart rate (avg=160) from your maximum heart rate (180) = 20
    Multiply your HRR (20) by 0.7 (70 percent). Add your resting heart rate to this number =174
    Multiply your HRR (20) by 0.85 (85 percent). Add your resting heart rate to this number =191
    These two numbers are your training zone heart rate for vigorous intensity exercise.

Jits we do warm up then drill movement including sickle and idiot sweep.
    The drills were such that focus was on transitioning. We also followed the same play from last week using open guard looking for options.
    Then we do the usual king of the hill and paired rounds.
    I get to roll with the main man, he lets me take his back and uses his specialty subs to tap me, he then shows me the subs.
    If uke is in the dominant position feed their far collar to your near hand, continue to remove slack from the collar with your feeding hand and place your other elbow behind uke's shoulder as much as you can pinching/ driving it down hard.
    There's a bit of knack to this so I'll have to spam.

Wednesday

I do a yoga session in the late arvo, just working salutation, downward dog etc.
    At Jits we do a general repeat of Monday nights drills. If uke steps out of sickle sweep we re-guard and switch hooks keeping ankle grips, kick up and come up to torreando.
    We also do a take-down: go collar and sleeve, step to the outside of uke's lead leg simultaneously snapping down sand hanging your weight off uke's collar, drop to your backside with your legs in a position similar to an outside glute stretch, uke should come to a turtle of sorts and you should be able to switch your hips coming up on a single.
    Class was small tonight so we just rolled out.
    I dug into deep half to escape a pass and my partner recognised it and sprawled his weight into me, he explained after that I can always look to go out the back.

My new toy is helping me record all my shit, it's been magic for showing me when I'm in the training zone and also an influence in terms of working toward lowering my resting heart rate/ improving cardio.

Friday I do a longer yoga session, I do bugger all in the weekend.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  4. ngarauru

Monday
    Commute to (14.5) and from (14.5) work,
    I skip jits and do some housework then two yoga sessions (30min) before bed, all core and spine work, my right shoulder is glitchy.
    Tuesday
    Commute to (16.7km) and from (14.5) work,
    Prior to work I do 20 crunches (variations of) alternating with downdog, salutation, forward fold etc, about 20min movement.
    Wednesday
    Commute to (16.7km) and from (14.5) work

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018 at 4:15 PM