Damo Marino's spindly apendages | Page 19

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by ngarauru, Oct 18, 2015.

1. ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

ngarauru
    Tuesday

No gi with coach Le Gourrierec:
    Drilling rnc with both hooks in and seat belt
    King of the hill
    Rounds with partner on back, escape and swap

Rounds

Notes: use non choking hand to jab uke's defending hands, use same hand to push uke's shoulder away to get deeper, use same hand to push uke's head into crook of the choke

Deads
    1*8@40, 1*8@60, 1*6@80, 2*5@100, 1*3@100, 2*2@100
    Rows 3*8@30 each arm
    5*5 dead hangs

Gi with prof. Stefanutti:

Warm up> Foot on hip guard pull to arm bar> have sleeve and collar and step to side with sleeve> put opposite foot to uke's hip and snap them into you> slip your foot off the hip and drive your own hips up to catch them or........spin with your head pointing in the direction of the 'hip foot' and swing your outside leg over the head for the arm bar.

3 wrist locks, notes: chicken wing one of uke's arms out and pin the wrist or elbow to a hard structure on your torso> hip escape on that side and get your thigh behind their upper arm keeping it tight to you so uke cant pull their arm free> ensure their forearm is at 90 degrees to the mat> use one or two hands to cup the elbow or wrist and lever into the joint> drive your hips up to complete if necessary.
    If uke drapes a hand across your torso figure four the arm and use your top hand to pull uke's hand back toward themselves.

Rounds.

Thursday

Drilling escape of rnc with both hooks in and seat belt, notes: baseball bat grip the attacking arm, put your head on the outside of uke's and bridge hard, once their attacking arm is to the outside of your shoulder you can fight their hooks and come up.
    If you're attacking the back and uke attempts to escape as above use your top leg to butterfly hook, push them onto their side keeping the seat-belt, come to they're back so their are on their side and you have the potential to S.

Gi class with prof. Stefanutti:
    Rounds for Africa

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

ngarauru
    Going on holiday for 3 weeks soon so have to get a plan in action.
    This week I'll try and ease into a calisthenics routine that I can do while I'm away.

Monday

Do mild warm up on bag then follow conditioning coaches timer while he works with client.
    1min on 20sec off for 10 rounds then work bag for another 10 then 200 crunches.

Tuesday

Drilling rnc with both hooks in and seat belt.
    Situational drilling swapping positions and partners on the minute.
    Rounds.

Gi class with prof. Stefanutti
    Side control escapes:
    Bridge> hip escape> knee in> reguard.
    Trap arm> as above> omoplata.
    Bridge> L shaped frame and grip> scissor legs to go to knees> swim arm to underhook> walk around to side> knee tap far leg> keep walking to side control.
    Rounds starting in side control.

Wednesday

Solo drill passing and re-guard.

Thursday

Body-weight warm up.
    Outside single then rounds.

Rounds.
    Open guard with sleeve and pants four finger> lasso sleeve and de la riva pants> uke pressures de la riva so bring foot back to their hip and drive them away> slip knee at an angle behind their knee> pull lasso and uke onto you then drive away at a 45 with foot on hip> come up keeping pants grip> release lasso and post that hand putting that side knee on floor> post other foot and use free hand to get collar grip> but flop into the space in front of uke> if they turn into you windshield wiper across their legs and come to their back.
    Rounds.

Friday

Side control escape using pendulum motion then omoplata.
    Rounds starting in side control.

Saturday

Gi with prof. Vela:
    Open guard> one sleeve/ one collar> sleeve side foot goes to spider> break uke's posture> non spider foot posts deep between uke's legs> collar grip shifts to hook outside uke's leg> posted foot X's uke's far leg> spider hook completes X guard> drive uke away with guard> release sleeve and take two on one of uke's near side leg> hip escape and technical stand> swap controlling hands on uke's leg and knee tap their other leg to complete takedown.

Rounds.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  3. ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

ngarauru
    Tuesday

Figure out a body weight workout that doesn't require mats...
    I did a lot of animal movement, bag drills, 'shadow wrestling', sprawls and press-ups.
    My knee feels really rubbery so I'll have to give it some attention.
    No gi class with prof. Stefanutti:
    Warm up and pummeling.
    Uchi mata> square up and snap down with arm.
    D'arce trapping near side arm and north south from side.
    Rounds.
    Gi class with prof. Stefanutti:
    Warm up and ko uchi gari + ko uchi gari to double.
    Stack pass and choke vs re-guard.
    Leg drag and staple to windscreen wiper vs z guard.
    Rounds.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  4. ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

ngarauru
    Hols
    Went to a gym at home and we just rolled for an hour and a half straight, learned some new tricks and got schooled too.
    Good jam, will def consider making it my home gym if I return.
    Head coach is cool and staunch as fuck......OSSSSSSS

Tuesday
    no gi with coach Le Gourrierec:
    We do riding mount, key lock and transition to arm bar.
    Keys: one hand on elbow and the other on wrist with monkey grips, use torso to separate uke's elbow (rolling pin), pin inside arm elbow against uke's neck to remove all space, if they hip escape move to s mount and key the top arm.
    Rounds.

Wednesday
    animal movement and linked drills on bag in minimal space (2 squares of mat)

Thursday
    no gi with coach Le Gourrierec:
    We do mount escape and transition to sweep or straight ankle.
    Keys: Don't allow uke to cross their feet at your flank, 'pray' and shimmy so uke rides your hips, hip bump, T frame against uke's hips, 1 of uke's legs should rise, forward hip escape to that side, take the ankle spin and reguard against that leg, frame and hip escape as necessary, either technical stand up controlling the leg and work your pass or work the leg lock.
    Rounds.

gi class with prof. Stefanutti:
    We warm up with harai goshi, keys: cross step walk into uke lifting your collar grip high with your elbow tucked tight, use the momentum of your sleeve grip and walking step to help you move uke onto your reaping leg...........throw thee shit out of them.

We drill bow and arrow and arm bar from turtle, keys: when you get uke to bow and arrow get your knees high to help with the choke, when uke blocks the choke slip your non choking arm around their near arm and grip your collar, switch your choking hand to cross face allowing your leg to slip over their head and preventing them turning into you, pinch knees, two on one, thumb up..........snap.

You can also use the kimura as an option utilizing an elbow to cross face.

Berimbolo from top half, keys: switch base and shoulder roll across uke dominating the leg hook take a grip of the outside leg and the back of the pants, unhook and rehook to the leg you are gripping, lift uke's hips off the mat with your pants grips and make a slight hip escape, use your grips to drive uke through coming to their back.

Rounds......reaped and calf sliced when homie tried to turn and run.

Saturday

gi class with prof. Vela: we worked on four entry's to 411, my partner and I drilled the first until it stuck, keys: half guard - frame everywhere you can and dive to underhook the outside leg, slight hip escape then your other side leg moves to butterfly, elevate and drag uke's leg out, pull uke's weight over you, switch to x guard uke's far leg stretching them away, sit up and get a grip of uke's further leg, keep the 'butterfly' hook and pull uke's leg toward you allowing your own near leg to slip through, triangle legs and sit up rolling uke away, reach for uke's further leg and pull it over the top of their leg which is closer to your, ensure you slide your hips deep throughout the movement.

If uke drops their weight on you turn to post on your head, kick your outside hook out and over uke's leg and triangle, use your opposite side hand to post and drive backward using your hips to help momentum, you can now turn into uke to come to the position.

We were also shown two types of Imanari, the first from half and the second a proper diving Imanari.

After rounds I watched two senior students work reverse de la riva to ashe garami, they also used a butterfly type hook and same leg grip to escape mount, side control and recover to an attacking guard, they then moved to 411.
    They advised not to attempt to force a sub as the 411 is a really good controlling position, if you lose control switch your hips down and come up hard to scramble to the top.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM
  5. ngarauru nga ariki o nga kahui maunga

ngarauru
    Tuesday
    I do one long round with wrestler homie in my guard, his clumsiness and gamesmanship makes me nervous.
    No gi with coach Le Gourrierec: We do rnc escape and rounds
    Gi with prof Stefanutti: We do various jacket/ foot trip judo take downs for around half an hour, keys:
    Sleeve and collar with elbow of collar arm pinched in, that side shoulder goes shoulder to shoulder with uke, cross kick out that side foot to the side, you can inside or outer reap walking uke onto your reaping foot, if uke stiff arms' you can drop seoi nage.
    Rounds, one on one off with heavy colors and prof. vela.

Thursday

We do bridge and pendulum escape from arm bar, king of the hill and then rounds, the main key for the second escape is go knees to elbows.
    Dead hangs to warm up then Gi with prof Stefanutti:
    I flow roll with a purp for 10 minutes then we roll for an hour.
    Purp showed my a simple way to bolo if uke is in bottom half and you cant get inside, keys: double outside pants grip, roll across uke and kick leg up hard, you'll start to come to their back so hip escape a little so you can square up and drag them through.

Saturday
    Gi class with prof. Vela:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017 at 4:57 PM