Damo Marino's spindly apendages

Wednesday
Off to the sister gym for Gi class.
We drill some 'headquarters' to bullfighter/ knee cut:
Get pants grips, step one leg deep into the back of ukes knee, drop the weight of your chest/pelvis into their other shin, simultaneously pull collar up hard on same side as 'entry' leg, keep elbow of this arm tight to uke to prevent under-hook-pass 1) other hand pushes knee in, kick 'entry' leg out, simultaneously cross hands/ push pants grip/ pulling collar grip to pendulum uke's head in your direction and their hips away, big step then little step to come to knee on belly, anchor far leg far out....Leandro would be proud-pass 2) push pants grip in then out, drive 'entry' leg knee into this thigh and sit into their hip, get a good cross face, put your knee on the floor, do not baseball slide - sit in uke's lap then switch hips tight to come to side control, any grips on the seams of the gi are goody good.

Then roll 5*5min rounds: I try spider guard, collar drag, triangle set up and frame/grip/control from guard.
Big dog shows his shoulder walk to prevent stack.
I think my go to for prevention of the flattening will be the cross collar and stiff arm defensive sit out/ stand to back take.
Shots, almonds, apple, wheat, milk, sultanas.
Go to cbd for: 5min skip, 15min animal movement/ invert, 10min drill this mornings knee cut on bag, 3 little rope climbs and a few random chins.
Pear, milk, banana, chicken, sour cream, cheddar, spinach, tomato, cucumber, flat bread, brown rice.
25 min of roll today...
I cough farted on the mat again.
Chook, spud, spinach, tom, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice.
Water.

Last edited:
Thursday
Legs still pupu.
Do no gi, we warm up, then play game: one on floor mounted the other on mount, whoever gets sweep or sub wins, then one has seat belt and whoever gets to guard or sub wins, did ok, only more experienced cats get me off the mat.
Rolled with shark and did dumb shit, sokay, I'm waitch beltch, rolled with blue and did ok, he go easy on me too, really brief roll with beginner then just drilled headquarters.
Mid morning went in and practiced positions with other white belt homie, just trying to get from his half to side control, really want the light bulb moments. Bro had my knee triangled and sat across the cap, the shit popped, yay.
When I get stack pass I should try going for cross face.
When I try any pass I should try going for cross face....
Need to keep elbows inside when I pass.
25 min of roll today...
Then did some hip escape/ shoulder walk against the wall.
Try and focus on hips when I invert.
Food:
1st feed) 2 shots, 3 bix, 1/4C Almonds, 1/5C sultanas, pear, apple, 500ml milk, 500ml water.
2nd feed) 2 shots, 1 chicken breast, 3 boiled eggs, banana, 1.5ltr milk.
3rd feed) kumara, pumpkin, toms, mushroom, courgettes, chicken breast, tagliatelle.
4th feed) 1/2 C creamed rice, 1/4C Almonds, 1/5C sultanas, 1/2 banana, scoop ice cream.
Water and water.

Last edited:
Friday
Do some yogi bear and then gi class with the main man as coach beard is away at mma faitch porra.

We drill from open guard:
1)Get double sleeve grips, feet on hips, kick one foot out and pull same side sleeve, other side hip out and foot over arm, heel into ribs, other foot back on hip for sweep.
2)pull uke's straight arm in tight, dog leg the arm across your thigh and drive hips in tight, switch your grips so other hand comes across to this elbow, switched hand moves to ukes belt, roll for omoplata. Then we roll for for 5*5's=25min rolling today.
I do frames and sit outs ok, I do a couple of passes ok and get to spider guard ok, need to get under uke when I'm spider if I want to marionette and sweep.
Go back in mid morn and do 40 min of hip flexor stretch and alligator walk, then 10 of snake movement. Will do chins and press ups in the next two days.

Foods:

1)apple, banana, 2 mandarin, up and go protein drink, 2 shots.
2)kumara, pumpkin, toms, mushroom, courgettes, chicken breast, tagliatelle, 1 liter of milk.
3)3 boiled eggs and liter of milk.

95 min rolling this week

Last edited:
Monday and my feelings….nothing more than feelings

What did I Iearn last week?
  • Pre-emptive framing
  • Hip placement/ movement
  • Headquarters to bullfighter and knee cut
  • Shoulder walk to prevent stack
  • Cross face when passing
  • Cross collar and stiff arm defensive sit out/ stand to back take
  • Rolling omoplata from sweep/ double sleeve pistol grips
  • Hip flexibility and yoga
  • Animal walking and less herky jerky body punishing routine
  • Stop doing knee circles!!!
I spent chunks of the weekend doing a hip flexor stretching routine, about an hour a day.
Ate a lot of carbs, peanut butter, oats, chicken, vegetables and fruit, feel fuckin' good mang.
Did the animal walk, hip stretch, track knees forward, minor bridge and lymphatic drainage.....

Mid morn I went in to do more of the same and had a really tentative roll with a competitive blue, he showed me details for double under/ stack, he added detail of placing a knee in the back and hold far shoulder to prevent opponent moving away, drive your weight behind the knee opposite to the side you're passing, try and push it into their face, use the arm holding the shoulder to get into their throat making the stack as unpleasant as possible.
Also did re guard, snake movement and shoulder prehab.

Spend time this week doing fundamentals in rolls, don’t worry about subs……maybe get to a rnc…

Meals
1)3 bix, 1/4C almonds, 1/4C sultana, pear, apple
2)Chicken breast, 1/2C potato mash, carrot, peas, liter milk
3)Force meat, re-fried beans, chili, garlic, onion, cheddar, corn chips, avocado, sour cream
4)1/2C Water melon, 2T coconut, handful sultana, peach, T honey, 1/2 /apple, 1/4C yogurt

Last edited:
Tuesday
Perc and bike
Did a little stretch and said hello to the peep holes....

Coach beard is back, we do turtle play, the main technique we drilled:
Sit in uke's back with toes out, wedge a knee into their side and push, trap the far arm at the elbow, when you feel resistance pull, get kimura grips, 'put your hand on their watch, put your hand on your watch, look at the time', pull your elbow under their chin, pull their forearm to the center of your chest so it aligns vertically, simultaneously s mount, suck their arm in and dog leg, you have the kimura - use your body to turn the arm like a water sprinkler.
We drill this a minute each and then switch partners.

Roll for 20 at the end of class: wrestler homie, dude is a little unpredictable with his explodes but we mostly ok, but I fear for my joints and spine lerl. Also rolled with blue uke and new new trying to escape and pass without strength.
Went back in mid morn for a little bit of drill and stretch and then I see lanky blue getting warm so ask for roll, he smiles and yea bro's, I mostly watch him control me, the main control I see is where he jams his knee into my hip to prevent me from re guard, he gets to positions where he chokes me at will if he wants, I mainly try and get to headquarters and step by guard, he uses other side dlr hook to catch me, get to ok rolling omo from last weeks Friday gi class, he gives me around 10min of his time, more lols at my suck, thank yous and oss to main man and other good cats, out.

Meals
1) Up and go, protein and carb energy sugar drink, 2 apple, 1 banana, 1 mandarin, shots.
2) Force meat, re-fried beans, chili, garlic, onion, cheddar, tortilla.
3) CupplyT peanut butter and wholegrain, strong perc.
4) Chicken breast, refried beans, onions, garlic, toms, cheddar, tortilla, yogurt, iceberg, water.

Last edited:
Wednesday
Gi class at sister gym.
I'm late and I'm stiff this morning.

We drill two techs from spider, one is spider to single X which is pretty straight forward once I'm warm, the key is to use marionette to get under uke, the other is spider to hip to the outside of uke's legs, the leg that's close to uke's should hook around the back of uke's knee, keep one spider grip, use it to drive uke over that shoulder, the key is push away from direction of sweep then push with spider grip and pull with leg hook.

Then we roll for 5*5's: I sit to my fuckin' back again, I did an ok frame and got to ok straight ankle, had to release as uke tried to spin out of it without prizing off my hook.

Big dog gets pants grips and just moves from side to side passing at will, can really see the supreme joy is he just flies right by my legs, it must be so good to be so good, when he pulls me into his guard he just sweeps me and lols, he advises to get settled, fight off subs and then look to pass as all I can do when I'm in someones guard is pass...passing is the only option...fight off their subs, settle, pass.

Bowl into central dojo mid morn for a bit of drill and stretch, just do hegular warm up drills and monitor my joints.

Meals
1)Up and go, banana, mandarin, apple, 2 boiled eggs.
2)2 boiled eggs and sugar water.
3)Chicken breast, refried beans, onions, garlic, toms, water.
4)3 bix, 1/4C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, liter milk.
5)Chicken breast, tagliatelle, asparagus, tomato, garlic, fennel.

Last edited:
Thursday
Perc and bike, fuck I hate my bike.
Say hi to gaiz and gentle warm up.
Then no Gi class w beard: we do wrestling drills w partner, hoolahoop arms, keep posture up and lat flare fight for inside hooks of the shoulder, when uke stiffens detach loosely and change levels for beards double.
Then we roll for 3*5's, I get purple chook who controlled me hard, I tried to tripod out of a triangle and granby rolled toward my trapped arm across her torso instead, she shifted her hips out to arm bar and I was able to pillow escape and come back to her guard. Survival with no strength.
Then I roll with two white belt homies, we move a bit better, do ok straight ankle escape, do good frame, similar to collar frame except I got my hand into an L shape and jammed it in their arm pit, very effective, might help sweep.

Mid morning I do some animal movement, a few air squats monitoring my knees and ankles and some chins, enough to get the blood moving around the limbs.

I have olecranon bursitis and have been treating it with cold compress and tea tree, hopefully the swelling goes down as it's key to my escapes.
Meals
1)3 bix, 1/4C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, liter milk.
2)Chicken breast, tagliatelle, asparagus, tomato, garlic, fennel.
3)2T peanut butter and wholegrain.
4)2 large lamb cutlet, broccoli, carrot, potato mash, milk, chocolate.

Last edited:
Friday
Stretches and wicked traditional warm up with hanuman.
Gi class we drill lasso arm when spider, uke has pants grips, break one by kick out, lasso that arm, hip out opposite to lasso and hip back in, big homie blue tells me later to draw arm in like a gun for really tight control, kick out other foot to break grip and draw in for shield, under hook uke's leg for three points of contact, suck uke's weight over you, sweep in direction of lasso arm, come to knee on belly, if uke drags your knee shield frame their shoulder and invert in the direction of the lasso, swap hand grips, and sit up blocking uke's hip, keep arm doglegged, get other hand to grip torso/ belt, hanuman recommends that invert must be really close to uke.
Roll for 5*5's, roll with homie and four other peep holes, then have a half a round with big blue, mostly work on balance when on top and framing when on bottom, got to a cheeky sub, actually a bit of a rude cunnie when I think about it.

85 minutes rolling this week, seminar tomorrow with the big dogs from the club and checkmat black belt.

Weekend feels and notes from week
  • Details for double under/ stack: placing a knee in the back and hold far shoulder to prevent opponent moving away, drive your weight behind the knee opposite to the side you're passing, try and push it into their face, use the arm holding the shoulder to get into their throat making the stack as unpleasant as possible
  • Jam his knee into hip to prevent re guard
  • spider to single X
  • spider to hip to the outside of uke's legs, the leg that's close to uke's should hook around the back of uke's knee, keep one spider grip, use it to drive uke over that shoulder, the key is push away from direction of sweep then push with spider grip and pull with leg hook
  • When in opponents full guard get settled, fight off subs and then look to pass as all I can do when I'm in someones guard is pass...passing is the only option...fight off their subs, settle, pass
  • Wrestling hoolahoop arms and drop levels for shoot and double
  • Jam L shape hand into arm pit of uke for frame
  • Lasso to knee shield and under hook of leg/ three points of contact: uke has pants grips, break one by kick out, lasso that arm, hip out opposite to lasso and hip back in, big homie blue tells me later to draw arm in like a gun for really tight control, kick out other foot to break grip and draw in for shield, under hook uke's leg for three points of contact, suck uke's weight over you, sweep in direction of lasso arm, come to knee on belly, if uke drags your knee shield frame their shoulder and invert in the direction of the lasso, swap hand grips, and sit up blocking uke's hip, keep arm doglegged, get other hand to grip torso/ belt, hanuman recommends that invert must be really close to uke

Saturday
s seminar was rad, too many details to write, really hoping the organizer gets us a vid, rolled for another 5*5's so 110min rolling this week

Last edited:
Monday

Perc, cuddle my dude, bike into wind.
Stretch hips and move around, try yoga warm up and am surprised that I cant do it anymore, really need to do it everyday without fail.
Then practiced no gi sweep on new new: have butterflies, reach for under hook, top man whizzers, reach inside and trap arm at wrist, sweep to that side using hooks.....
Also tried Gi sweep without Gi....Have butterflies, reach for under hook, top man whizzers, reach inside with other hand and pull/ push whizzer arm between top mans legs, reach over for waist (belt) and pull/ push/ butterfly hook to side of trapped arm, come on top.

Came back in for no gi lunch class, did general warm up then off the wall game.
First person to make points stays in, coach pushing people to have sense of urgency and competitive mind set.
Then we do 5*5's, I mostly get toyed with but it was a good learning experience, these cats are way more betterer.

Need to practice shot and double leg.....bit cautious about ducking into a knee, I prefer to be the one throwing them.
Need to bridge and strengthen neck.
Need to work on finishing arm bars and triangles.
Need to work on threatening/ unbalancing from the bottom.

Foods

1)shots, 3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, apple, banana, chocolate, mandarin, sugar water
2)shots, daddies lasagne, liter of milk

Last edited:
Tuesday
No Gi, deep underhook to knee tap, 4*5's
Gi, breaking turtle, 5*5's, clock choke the turtle
Wednesday
Gi, roll for whole class w just white belts

10 days off

Last edited:
Saturday and notes from previous Gi class
Had good days off, no sleep ins, good feedings, cupply quiet beers, walked up mountains w bebe on back, cuddled much better half, watched my dude learn stuff.

Main man fundamental break turtle
1) Be hip to hip, reach over hip for collar (stay low on uke's torso), trap ukes close wrist and turn it into them, drive your far knee in and pull to your far side, get back, hooks, seatbelt and mata leao.
2) If uke rolls out to defend hop over and get far side leg (now near) as hook, keep rolling them to get to back, hooks, seatbelt and mata leao.
Hanuman break turtle to truck and options
1) Be hip to hip, drive far side knee in, step over their near side shin and slide in deep for hook, reach over for two on one of their far shin, granby onto your near side simultaneously triangling legs, keep controls, switch triangle to twister hooks, control uke's now nearside arm *their escape is to come onto knee of trapped leg.
Options
1) Reach forward and figure four/ mata leao trapped leg for calf slicer/ straight ankle.
2) Keep control of uke's near leg instead of arm and pull, stretch their trapped leg away for groin stretch.
3) Get strong control of uke's near side arm pull and trap under own shoulders, reach near arm under their head for hook, S grip hands across uke's face, continue driving trapped leg away and drawing head toward you for twister.

Roll for 4*5's and one lesson from tree as I have issue getting ankle out of uke's half and he has powerful shield: pull/push and break grips, get outside knee grips of uke's down knee, roll uke onto flat to beat knee shield and stand quick, knee slice quick and come to side control.
Watch other peep holes jam after class, need bullfighter using uke ankles and leg drag in my life.

Monday
Up, perc, prep bebe breaky, bike
Breakfast
Do half hour of calisthenics including: sprawls, bag toss, put bag on shoulder and march on toes, crunches, knee on belly switch, re guard, snake movement.
Do a few reps of Hanumans break turtle to truck.
Chins: 8,6,4,2,6,4,2,4,2
3 chins with over under grip and 1 wrestlers shot *10
Stretch for 10
Main mans no gi class
Single from single plam: sweep uke's head hook up at tricep, knee of rear leg to floor between uke's leg, grips and knee trap of uke forward leg, posture up with head outside (can be inside), lift and one crab walk step so base is inside uke's base, drive with head and disrupt uke's base with knee tap of far leg, drive to mat, if uke has headlock come to other side and move to North/ South, drive shoulder down into their top shoulder, own far side hand digs into pit and peels arm up, get kimura grips and step back to tea-bagging S mount, kimura or arm bar.
Rolled for 4*5's of increasing intensity.
Was a little awkward and tried random shit...sokay.
Feeds
1)4 bix, 1/2C almonds, 1/4C sultanas, apple, banana, shots, 500ml milk
2)Cruciferous flowers, kumara, hegular nadine, peas, carrots, shots, 500ml milk
3)Chook tittay, toms, kumara, cheddar, taggliatelle
4)1/4C almond, 1/4C sultana, 1/4C greek yog, T honey, 2T coconut, half apple, half banana

Last edited:
Tuesday
Public hol in my neck of the woods so open mat, biked both ways like a mad man on a better bike.
Roll for total of 75min with total of 20min rest and maybe 5 of drilling flower sweep.
Lanky blue kicked my ass easy, me and another old man went round for round with him until he caught us, kind of like a mini shark tank?
Whites at my level feel like children in terms of their athleticism but they have better fundamentals, looking forward to when I do, fun fun fun will be had.
Limped off mat, got home and toe swole to fuckery, has the sharp pain of being broketed, made me grumpy.

1)1/2C oats, 1/4C sultana, 1/4C greek yog, 2T coconut, shots, banana.
2)Flakey pastry, roast lamb, butter, peas, carrots, kumara, potato.
3)Sausage, nadine, carrot, curry, salt sauce, onion, olive, white rice, peas.

Wednesday
Toe is def broke.
Did some guard drills, balancing on top, sprawls, crunches - maybe 40min work.

1)Shots, 3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, coconut, 3 apples
2)Sausage, nadine, carrot, curry, salt sauce, onion, olive, white rice, peas
3)Grainy bread and peanut butter, pizza......pizza aint the fucken way

Last edited:
Thursday
Bike, gentle warm up, quick dum roll with wrestler, no gi class w coach beard:
We do back take drill: both men back on floor, man on back with kimura trap of far arm, top man attempts escape, bottom man follows and/ or attempts to get to complete back control.
Notes: follow with your chest, inch into each new position instead of exploding, when coming to mata leao reach across with attacking arm and use uke's scapula as a handle.
Rolled for 3*3's and 1*5.
Lunch sesh
Deads with double over grips:3*10@55, 3*8@75, 5*5@95> do 5 of 95 then immediately do 10 pushups
Do double of 110 then immediately do 12 pushups* 5
Do single of 115 then immediately do 20 pushups* 3
Some back ext

I eat
1)Shots, 3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, coconut, 3 apples
2)Flakey pastry, roast lamb, butter, peas, carrots, kumara, potato
3)Tuna, mashed nadine, cheddar, valoute

Apparently this is Leandro Lo’s strength training workout...........
• Wide grip overhand pull-ups
• Bench press
• Bicep curls
• Dips
• Seated shoulder press
• Toes to bar
5 sets of 8-10 reps of the above exercises

Last edited:
Friday
Sleep in, bike and ickle stretch of doms
Gi class with main man
Techs vs mount:
1)Rickson Gracie's single arm frame and hip escape.
2)Defend single arm in collar> trap tricep>sit over calf on same side (double block) >bridge and roll>square up and break grip.
Roll for 6*5's blue, blue, blue, white, white, hanuman
Framing is better, also played with surfing and posting, still can't really pass for shit but......digger

139 min rolling so far this week

Go back in at Lunch after watching Ognjen Topics do pads, dude so gets his style from Jomhod (Sagami), did 4*5's just hands then some back ext.
Watch Goku coach le blue vs le purp, he recommends to sit down on and presh the bottom mans leg hook.

Last edited:
Monday and my feels
Have some fairly grunty tension in my back, got into some stretching over the weekend and did the same today.
The bursa in my elbow has calmed down now so I'm down 1 owchy.
Last week we did
  • Single leg td to north south and arm lock options
  • Active open guard to sweeps (flower and scissor)
  • Crucifix variation with kimura trap and simple escape
  • 2* fundamental mount escapes
  • Did some DL's too, my 5*5 weight is 95, if I cont this in the coming weeks I need to stay here for a Month
  • Did serious stretch every day, need to incorporate this into all dead time I have and get mamasan involved as extra motivator
No Gi class with main man for brunch
We do Rickson Gracie's mount escape then roll for 4*5's and 1 *6, tried to play leg locks with someone with better position than me and got my dudu puuuuuuushed in homes, also got toyed by Auckland, had to take my lumps just to catch a breather, and got choked by a complete beginner fuckit...got some pretty lame subs on new guys, positions were super duper shit...lerl, my get sub to be sub ratio was 4/7, all bar 1 sub I gave up easy, was stiff as a board so need that yogi.

I drank sugar water and coffee today, lots of it and only three meals......ugh.
1)3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, coconut, banana, pear, apple.
2)Wholegrain and peanut butter.
3)Vine toms, asparagus, chicken breast, mash.

Tuesday

Not a lot of sleep had and stiff as a board
Smashed a red bull and did some easy yoga for about 10
Said hello to brethren and sistren and had a quick pummel with Vancouver
He shows me counter to when opponent has you for suplex
Fight with two on their grips then drop to knee and spin to single

No Gi w coach beard

We play standing battle for two on one then drill on how to sit directly to guard>keep good defensive posture.

Options

1) standing partner squares up to down man> scoot in and get feet to rear of Achilles> smash both knees to disrupt base and sweep> come to combat base> sit to straight ankle lock .
2) standing partner has same side lead foot forward> create tension through uke's posture jerking handle>uke's weight should come to lead leg> release own outside grip and get lead leg grip at foot> hoist foot and release other grip> drive second hand into knee> take single.
Roll with uke for a round.

Go back in mid morn for gentle skip and....

1)Red bull, banana, pear, apple.
2)3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, coconut.
3)C fried rice with broc, carrot, pak soy, pork.
4)Chicken breast, tagliatelle, pumpkin, onion, garlic, olly oil, bell pepper, coriander, toms.

Last edited:
Wednesday repeat of a couple of weeks back
Had a coffee then off to sister gym, Kiwi purp taking class doing sister gym's syllabus, he showed a slight variation on what big brown taught in previous class, the notes below are from the previous > 'headquarters' to bullfighter/ knee cut:

Get pants grips, step one leg deep into the back of ukes knee, drop the weight of your chest/pelvis into their other shin, simultaneously pull collar up hard on same side as 'entry' leg, keep elbow of this arm tight to uke to prevent under-hook-pass 1) other hand pushes knee in, kick 'entry' leg out, simultaneously cross hands/ push pants grip/ pulling collar grip to pendulum uke's head in your direction and their hips away, big step then little step to come to knee on belly, anchor far leg far out....Leandro would be proud-pass 2) push pants grip in then out, drive 'entry' leg knee into this thigh and sit into their hip, get a good cross face, put your knee on the floor, do not baseball slide - sit in uke's lap then switch hips tight to come to side control, any grips on the seams of the gi are goody good.........

Good to hang with a different crowd for a different look, we rolled for 4*5's, shook hands and shared lols with peeps, as always feel way better for dragging my ass out of bed.
Good to see white belt homies, tree and lion as well, there's good vibes all round.

Went back in mid morn and did some stretching to try and get an old knot out of my rhomboid.

1) 3 bix, 1/5C almonds, 1/5C sultanas, coconut, 3 apples, shots, braundo.
2) Chicken breast, tagliatelle, pumpkin, onion, garlic, olly oil, bell pepper, coriander, toms.
3) Chicken breast, bucato, mayo, spinach, carrot, tomato, cucumber, fris.
4) various rice snacks

Last edited:
Thursday

Coffee, cuddle honey bear, bike.
Still trying to get this shitty little knot out of my back.
Say hai gaiz then class with coach beard:
We do same same drill of guard pull as Tuesday, then we use the anchored arm to slide to ashe garami leg entanglement.
We drill both single and double X sweeps to combat base and leg locks.
I roll with my homie for a round, he back packs me and advises to get as high and close to his head as poss when I want to escape.
Coach gives pointers: drive shoulders into ground for sweep, use gaze and monitor/ adjust when in combat base, keep high grip to control leg, sit down when you combat base to keep solid foundation.
I come back in to do my 5*5 of DL's and chat to two other kiwis, they watch my form and say no dramas:
3*10@55, 3*8@75, 5*5@95.
Had no intention to take class but find myself walking onto the mat.
The main man shows us single leg counter which is:
Take good darce grips and close all space> drive trapped foot into uke as a shield> make sure you have control of uke's chin on opposite side to trapped leg> sit to this side and use foot shield to butterfly sweep> come to mount with guillotine grips> maintain chin control and slide other hand in over> suck elbows in and drive hips down.
Roll for 4*5's and have one round off, just loose and light reviewing all tech I've been taught.

The perfect training day...........

I eat
1) Apple, pear, banana, 750ml milk, shots.
2) Bucato, mayo, spinach, carrot, tomato, cucumber.
3) Rissole, broc, kumara, bucato.
4) Whole grain, choc, water.

Last edited:
Friday
Get to gym and de-knot my shoulder, stretch upper and lower back, circle my hips, chat to the homies.
Gi class with hanuman:
Full guard> uke has grip> break with sleeve grip kimura and drag across> pat down and away at an angle> opposite hand keeps grip and stiff arm> hip out in opposite direction and come up onto free hand> uke's back should be exposed> free hand across uke's back to grip gi under arm pit> same side leg loops around uke> plant foot on mat...
Option 1)
Under arm pit grip pushes uke's tricep away> simultaneously reach under this elbow and pull> lean out toward uke's hips> step foot from mat over uke> you're in a position for straight arm bar having uke's far arm across their body> shark says to complete with thumb on uke's thumb pointed up so they cant hitchhike...
Option 2)
Under arm pit grip reaches through to loop other arm> pick foot off mat and drive shin into back of uke's neck> free hand gets pants grips> granby and sweep using own looped leg> scissor legs over and finish straight arm bar...
Roll for 4*5's
Come in mid morn to do some easy drills, a half hours work across 40mins.

Today I ate fruit and I feel kitten weak, I definitely need to get back into rolling with some physically stronger dudes.

I roll for 96min this week.

Last edited:
Back