Dead and then throw bag over shoulder
Hip ups for 4

10 min
Some ground play/ start count in next session
Some bridge
Some neck flexion
Some back extension
Some foam roll insertion

Reduce rest across all, increase press and/ or add tgu's and/ or swings and/ or spider-mans/ animal crawls
76 and a bit with Gi prior, aprox 600ml water in session, weight stayed same

Chicken, kumara, bell pepper, parmisan, spinach, red onion, stock, full cream, mushroom, tagliatelle
Almonds, sultanas, wheetbix, apples
Grippers and bands

There's a new gen of cockfaggots at the gym, their mincing amuses me

Last edited:
Thursday
Bike, foam roll, stretch, 5 min general calisthenics for warmup
Do no gi
Do defensive sit out and stands, same same drills as prior
Game of combat base vs defensive wrestling guard
Down man uses ankle pick and pulls leg straight, up man switches between knees
Had good roll w homie
When in full:Strip leg>knee slice>far side hook>stomp half>cross face>s mount>gift wrap>take back>choke
Talk about comps, prepare to fail/meditate on death
Key points from today: stabilize over hips when in base, keep legs as tight in as poss, work on sit outs in condit sesh, maybe try some deep duck walks

Water
Chicken, kumara, bell pepper, parmisan, spinach, red onion, stock, full cream, mushroom, tagliatelle
Almonds, sultanas, wheetbix, apples
Lamb chops and Mash
Mandarins, honey, yog, coconut, banana
Water

Last edited:
Friday
Caffeine and bike in, has morning routine before weight check, plenty of salt in dinner last night, 78.5 w big shitty Gi prior to class 77.2 after no water in class, 76 will be easy..................easy.

Tech w tree and lion, also meets new FB mayte....provider of new uniform...Oss' all round.
Be in combat base, hand opposite to up knee secures same side sleeve/ wrist, snake same hand as up knee over for kimura, granby through 45, down man moves with you, your down knee moves behind them, you're now in good possy for arm bar from back.

Gi class

Similar ideas to previous class:
Game of combat base vs defensive wrestling guard
Down man uses ankle pick and pulls leg straight, up man switches between knees..........

Down man gets two on one, pull up man off balance so they post the hand you have, scoop single and slide in for single X.
Down man gets two on one, force post, sits up and out to side of up mans up knee, switch base out and hip to hip.
Down man gets single collar, up man gets double pants grips and looks to smash, down man posts other hand out to rear, scoot with up man as he presses, time press and simultaneously donkey kick out the back and drive collar, now you're up.....and they are fucked.
Game.
Roll.
I should stop trying to surf.

Ribena.
Coffee.
Almonds, sultanas, wheetbix, banana, mandarin.
Lamb chops and Mash.
Chicken fried rice.

Last edited:
Monday
1 exercise per round
Warm up w burpees
6*1 w 2min rest *3
press up, knee on bag switch, sprawl, shoulder and toss bag, triangle hip up, back extensions
Moved as fast as I could giving the cns a challenge, almost had a spew hahahaha
Deep gut farts

Some hip extensions
Super light roll w beginner, couldn't pass as easy as I should be able to fuckit lol
Some general floor stuff incorporating movement from class and back stretch

What do I need?
Vass for chafing
Canestin for skin
Wear mouthguard in work out

Parakuihi
Wai pai
Roast pork with all the good things times 2

Last edited:
Tuesday

Biked in hard as got up late.
Hello to peeps, and stretch hips.
Do no gi class, class is similar structure to previous, getting a little hoha and grappling poor as not getting the rounds in, need to try and at least get one long round in at end of each class before I boost.
Today's main drill was standing and over under to knee tap, if partner braces out you take the single.
Drive the car...crash the car...
I got a sharp twinge in my thumb while rolling and when I got to work I saw that I had managed to peel the nail all the way back.........mmmmmmm.

Sultanas, almonds, coconut, yoghurt, mandarin, kiwi, water, strong as coffee
Cheddar and rye
Too many chocolate
Gullet of nutella
Beef force meat, whole toms, bell pepper, onion, garlic, farfalle tonde

Here's the evening's reading material: guard vs combat base/ knee up the middle
Reverse De La Riva:
http://hubpages.com/sports/Reverse-De-La-Riva-Guard-Sweeps-for-No-Gi-BJJ
Shin on shin:
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Open-Guard-Triangles-a-Brief-BJJ-Tutorial
Deep De La Riva:
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Basic-Deep-De-La-Riva-Guard-a-BJJ-Sweeps-Tutorial
Deep half:
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/Deep-half-guard-tutorial-entries-and-sweeps-sport-BJJ

Last edited:
Wednesday
Bike
77 kg prior to wo wearing hipstop trousers and hash goooard
Toss bag, sprawl and defensive stand to get warm
6*1*3w2minrest of bag move, sprawl, hip up, toss bag
5min move on bag practice jump over
Some press up
Some bridge
Some inversion
Need to do bear crawl, duck walk, chins before end of week
Aprox 500ml water during wo
75 kg after work
Brix of wheat, coconut, almonds, sultana, banana, mandarin, miraka
Beef force meat, whole toms, corn, bell pepper, onion, garlic, farfalle tonde

Mendes passing tech
http://www.graciemag.com/2013/07/gu...kes-a-knee-slice-long-step-leg-drag-possible/

Ate too many chocolate, now I feel sick ;)
Prolly had about 1800ml H2o
Then ate Kentuckin fruckin chuckin, put it in my hole... Feel awful... Yay

Last edited:
Thursday
I ache today, gut is feeling last nights trans-fats.
Fast bike, P.O.S makes all the unwanted sounds.
Say hello.
Do nogi class, same techs as Tuesday:
Over under to knee tap, if partner braces out you take the single.
Drive the car...crash the car.....start from pummeling, smash under hook up, pull over hook down hard and drive forward hard, get low, sprint, knee tap.
To defend dead weight onto the under-hook and get your own hook around partners lat, cut an angle out and pull, drive in from the side.
Had a mellow roll w homies.
Did Keenans pass on beginner.
Did a back-take I'm happy with.
Coffees.
Chicken, avocado, iceberg, flatbread.
Some kind of fucked up caramel slice.
Water.
Banana and breaky in the arvo.
Once I've started building my understanding of grappling and jazzercise lexicon I'm going to record the way Escoffier wrote his recipes.
Lamb, rocket, bell pepper, red onion, kumara, potato, tomato, cucumber, spinach.
Mineral water.
Mandarin, banana, coconut, almonds, sultanas, yog.

Last edited:

Friday

Up early and tail wind for speedy bike in.....fuckin' flying on long straights.
My dude crook, difficult leaving him.
Strong perc.
Skip for 10, shadowed straight punches.
Did some Sefo style 'switch' hooks and body rips on bag, good fun.
Auckland and I whinged about class structure, structure changed...
Gi class split into whites and colors, colors roll, whites drill cross face/ side control.
Shark tank with whites rotating in and colors on their backs, whites get best possible side control and colors attempt re-guard.
Kumbaya class discussion: agreement that progression from solid side control to next position is where escapes are made. Datch mma gai coach tells us to tuck our feets away so we no get re-guarded. Hanuman bb tells us that as we haven't yet learned how to center our weight to spin to other side if we feel momentum shift.
Practice, practice, practice.
Then roll: spent most of rolls on bottom, mounted or side mounted, one when I was in strong blues guard he got good 2 for 1, neck and arm, same arm got straightened against other homie, creaky feels.
Considerate homies lookin' out for welfare.....cheah
Tried to get to deep half to set up sweep but too slow. Grip fighting is mud, need to look after my hands and do some pulls this weekend.
Other homie showed simple chokes from back and bow and arrow.
Got team hash gooooard, will have to pick up balls and do a round robin soon.
Ribena, H2O, shots, almonds, banana, coconut, sultanas, raisins, yog.
Rocket, bell pepper, red onion, tomato, cucumber, spinach.
Bands and grippers.
Really feel mokemoke for my boy.
Chicken bewb, bell pepper, stock and conchiglie, onion, garlic.
Tooooooo many toast.

Last edited:
WKND
Rolled on the swiss ball on Thurs and Fri nights.
Right hand scap, trap and top of spine all tight.
Only had two significant meals each day over the weekend, not nearly enough to recover.
Also didn't drink enough water over the course of the weekend, got dehydrated, should have weighed myself.
Had good rest, had a half hour mid day nap on Sat and slept in until 8.30 on Sunday.
Family is sick again, house needs a strip down spring clean.
Had a big munch of fruit and yogurt before I crashed.
Must look into nutrition and recovery/fueling so I can push harder.

Monday

Perc.
Bike in and skip for ten with speed rope.
2*5min bag rounds only 1's & 2's w 2min rest.
5min hip up 2min rest.
5min knee on belly (stiff hips) 2min rest.
5min toss bag*2 w 2min rest.
Warm down w animal movement, chins and casual bag work.
Next sesh must be warm up w burpees + strict bear crawls a la datch mma gai coach.
Next sesh must add one round.
Do some pushing tonight.
Banana, apple, weetbix, almonds, sultanas, miraka, shots.
Lamb leg, broccoli, peas, kumara, potato, pumpkin.
Bands and grippers.....there's an opinion based article that argues tape should only be used when fingers are injured, in the meantime I'll do aforementioned to try and keep hands as healthy as poss.
Still need to get on that condroiton, deer velvet, fish oil etc.
Big homie hamo talks on pan pacs, exciting times, will need to do a local comp first.
Ref to weight divvies because I keep forgetting:
ibjjf-nogi-weight-classes-in-kgs-and-lbs.png

ibjjf-gi-weight-classes-in-kgs-and-lbsi.gif

Chicken Casserole w mash
Ice cream
Watch the Eagle destroy
Mineral water
Grease the groove push ups, around 250 in all

Attachments

• Carb.pdf
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Tuesday
Bike.
15min run on treadmill, can set to 12 @ 4 incline.
4 min airdyne to stay warm, stretch hips.
Class warm up.
Defensive stand game in no gi class, reguard from frame game in no gi class.
Busy day, did a couple zig zags, kick partner in face, knee in nuts, go flying off mat.....need more sleep.
Elbow and wrists super creaky.
Push ups from 12-1=159.
Roll w new young grappler, some things we do: try not to get subbed, get legs passed, try re guard, get 10thP controls, cant swing leg away for omo, homie cuts over knee after release and isolates arm, learn what pillow sweep is, cheah my brosef.
74kg post work out.

30g protein shake.
Almonds, sultanas, wheetbix, coconut, litre milk, mandarins, apple, shots.
Chicken casserole, mash.

Nutrition notes/ Consume daily:
1) Omega 3 - tuna, salmon - tinned.
2) Vit C - immune function/ prevent tissue damage and aid repair - kiwi fruit, cruciferous, spinach, bell pepper - consume as much as possible @ any meal.
3) Vit D3 - immunity - egg yolks, mackerel, sardines - sunshine.
4) Collagen - repair connective tissue and joints - shank, ox tail, pigs feet - bone broth - boil up.
5) Complex B - metabolizing nutrients - legumes, milk, asparagus, spinach, whole wheat pasta.
5) Probiotic - yoghurt.
Stuff for moi: tumeric for anti inflam.
Carbs to protein ratio based on workout types:
Power training = 2:1.
Endurance training = 4:1.
Mixed or general training = 3:1.
Carb load at night.

Pumpkin, mushroom, spinach, parmesan, tortiglioni doppia rigatura, broccoli, green beans.
Almonds, coconut, peaches, sultanas, yogurt.

Last edited:
Wednesday
Up w tha bebe, cuddles, Perc, Bike, Stiff and cold.
Roll with Vancouver homie for about half an hour.
Learn that same general rules apply on top as when on bottom ie block hips, stay tight, use limbs to increase leverage and momentum in relation to fulcrum.
Chins.
Shadow.
74.8kg
Pumpkin, mushroom, spinach, parmesan, tortiglioni doppia rigatura, broccoli, green beans.
Almonds, weetbix, sultanas, shots.
Will try and get some serious H20 liter-age in today.
Roast chook, hummus, baps, rocket, red onion, lemon, cut fries, toms.
Ice cream.

Last edited:
This sounds good, and right up my street.
Yeah man, an easy way to get it is go to a Vietnamese place and order pho w ligament.
You can boil a big pot of some bbq bacon bones with some spuds and cabbage or 'milk thistle', smash the whole thing back, drink the liquid.
Sumo's have a dish called chanko nabe which is more of a fish or pork ball/ vege soup, it helps them get all the calories they need, I'm gonna try and knock it together for dinner in the weekend.

Thursday
Perc, bike, row for 5min and push in last 1min for cupply rounds.
No gi class, warm ups, learn snap down: similar entry to plam, use all the jits rules, use angles to get leverage.
One hand snakes into head, other snakes over to shoulder, can either over or under hook arm, angle out to this side and push/ pull/ snap, anchor legs out, slide head hook arm around to get lock and keep uke chin trapped, if they look to dive for single get on your toes and drive your shoulder down into the middle of their shoulders, if they look to use an arm push it inside (maybe take it as well for triangle). Do shark tank game, get no take downs, too stiff.
Had mellow roll w homie, showed me sweep: be on side on bottom, have arm and head in triangle and go for uke near arm to kimura, if they hide their arm sit up and roll them away to come to top S mount position.
Had roll with new homie, got to deep half and sweep but didn't put head in middle so got guillotined.
30g protein shake, shots, milk skull, almonds, wheat, sultanas, pear.
Roast chook, pumpkin, mushroom, spinach, parmesan, tortiglioni doppia rigatura, broccoli, green beans.
H2O
Pizza

Big pot of bbq bacon bones with some puha from the deck, woody as fuck but can feel the iron coursing through me, dough boys, potato, kumara, whole grain.
Toblerone.

Last edited:
Friday
Perc, ride in, get warm, brief chats
Gi class w datch mma gai.
Bear crawls to crab walks.
Play defensive scoot/ stand up game
Down man: one arm frames, shoulders parallel, shoulders in front of hips, stop up mans pass, switch arms if you need, stay loose and respond to pressure where you need to.
Up man: strip grip by deadlift posture, deadlift hard and two on one.
Down man: take single if up man isn't fast enough.
Up man: pass gooard if down man isnt fast enough.
For up man deadlift rom is key for passing and base.
For down man franky neck and booty back is key, keep good grip but don't stiff arm entire time.
Do hip ups but knee sez no.......NEIN NEIN NEIN

Knee on belly drill:
Down man: place top hand on thigh (not knee) of up man, other hand on foot and shrimp out.
Top man: If bottom man frames directly against knee under hook that arm and step over head for spinning arm bar.

77.4kg in da Gi.
Chuckles with peeps.

Shots, milk skull, almonds, wheat, sultanas, banana, mandarin, H20.
bbq bacon bones, puha, dough boys, potato, kumara.
Bands and grippers.

Last edited:
WKEND
Decent feedings over the course of the weekend and good rest.
Wifey let me crash on Sunday.
Still didn't get enough hydration.
Had double breakfasts and ongoing snacking sessions throughout the course of each day.
Had a couple of small stretching sessions.
Caffeine leveraging anxiety, need to chill on that shit.
No sleep gang on Sunday so no gime on Monday, hung with my dude, great to have quality time.
Tuesday bike in and 15 min run on TM, churs to the bros and chats to tree, he say I should come to sister gym, he right.
Do turtle smash game in no gi class.
After taking pointers from datch mma gai (coach beard) I'm becoming accustomed to his drills.
Have a mellow roll with beginner and share my vaaaaaaaaaaast knowledge...
Down to 74 at end of class................yusssssssssssssssss...dont feel taxed at all.
Fruit, shots and water to get blood sugar up.
Head back for some body weight stuff mid morning.
Did about half an hours work, messed around with knee on belly, the spinning arm bar Auckland showed me, shooting TD's off my left knee, defensive stand and some hetarded inversion.
Then 15 down pressups and crunches.
Sprint bike back to work.
Might have to do this on the hegular.
Saw main coach, dude has a powerful looking beard.

Had breaky in the late arvo + parmesan, tortiglioni doppia rigatura, tomato and beef.
Felt super hungry by the time I got to it, shoulda had a few carbs before my second morning sesh.

Lower back and hips are aching, foam roll and stretch.
Peanut butter on wheat and lots of it.
Salmon steak with cut fries and iceberg and bell pepper and toms and cucumber......lemon, olly oil.

Last edited:
Wednesday

6 hours rest, booted down to sister gym, took about 45 to get there, note to self they open on time, not earlier.
Did spider to defend bullfighter, spider sweep and spider break.
When bullfighter attacks jam straight leg of spider into the direction they're passing.
Kick this leg over the same shoulder, get under uke as far as you can and punch their opposite sleeve up between their legs- this is all simultaneous, power comes from boot and steer the car/ crash the car.
If you're attempting to pass this and heavy hips dont work circle out wrist of arm that is trapped by straight leg and use no gi grip on ankle to jam leg to floor.
After being shown legal/illegal cuff grips I think I need to practice getting pistols quickly.
Whiteys drilled this while colours rolled, then we all played sweep game.
Had a roll and got put in bad possys, was really enjoyable and I talked some good smack to the homie while he was kicking my ass.
Peeps are super friendly and helpful.
Was so excite at the new new that I awkward school boyed a few times.
Bike back to mahi and get there with plenty of time to spare.
Shots, coconut, almonds, wheat, sultanas, water.

Booted into main gym to do some solo drills: side control transition, defensive stand, knee on belly to spinning arm bar - maybe 25min work and then a stretch and roll of the glutes and calves.
Cupply eggs, water, cheese on wholegrain.
Also watched main mma coach talk through escapes, poetry.

I fucked up with too much caffeine and no outlet, I really need to tame my sweet tooth.
Ugly ass mince pies and lots of them, rotisserie chook, iceberg, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and water skulls.

Last edited:
Thursday
Body fairly achy today, overall my mental is still about training and spending time on the mat so good goood goooooooooooooood.
Bike.
Did some treadmill and bridge.
Then did coach beard's no go class.
We drill pummel and crash car then do some in/ out game then a cupply rounds.
Jammed my foot in the floor when getting thrown, fuckin' retard (moi) ended up getting a hearty calf slice.
Unfortunate as archillis have been super tight and now one is double fucked.
Knee bent the right way though so just walk it off as much as poss.
Gonna get stuck into the DEEEEEEPPPP HHHEAAAAATT tonight.
Fucked around too long trying to escape a triangle, one of my many probs is I take too long with escapes.
I did an ok deep half sweep but only because uke didn't know how to react.
Again I take too many long.
Vancouver gave me a strategy for vs the knee shield: sit back into base and get the leg drag or switch base, 'hide' what your doing by facing away, strip their top leg and cut your knee through it to get to mount.
I feel like I'd be vulnerable to getting swept here......
Coach beard and Vancouver tipped to stay low on uke's hip to keep them pinned, even if they get the under-hook they'll find it difficult to sweep you.

Shots, wheat and coconut for breakfast.
Went back at mid morn and did some snake movement, arm bar drill, foam roll.
Massaged the ache out of my calf, should be one hundy tomorrow if I massage it again tonight.
There are some really laddish ball sacks at the gym, my weakness is I'm too easily distracted, glad the ball-sack behavior's the exception and not the rule.
Salad and eggs for lunch.
Maybe for take-down I can try fake snap-down to single, fake snap-down to ankle pick, and coach beards' drive car crash car using timing, weight distribution and stepping out at angle.

Last edited:
Friday
Perc, bike, foam roll and eggbeater, bridging with battle rope and without, iso neck with beltch
Gi class w coach beard
Bear crawl and gentle jog
We do different forms of defensive games and focus on grip breaks*, roll for one long chilled round and chats, good buzz as we had cupply strong blues, high level purp, hanuman bb, and very few waitch beltchs, intimate small class and we got lots of details.
*One man up and one man down:
Up man focus on breaking collar grip, dead-lift position, arms tyranny, don't use arm strength at all or extend them, elbows tight, keep posture deep, ass deep, spine aligned, same side hand monkey grips their grip arm, your other hand takes a grip over their thumb, use the meat of your thumb to aid peeling their thumb off, then use jerking movement to release fingers exploding away from their grip.
Bottom man focus is on good defensive posture, measuring the top mans movements while holding collar to maintain control, the arm that controls the collar needs to stay strong but loose enough to be able to drag or sweep when you feel a balance shift.
Both parties need to stay loose.
Coach beard recommends dead-lift posture for I to pass open guard, even if I have to give up a leg I still need to keep strong squat posture.
Turned down a roll..........broken commandment......
Shots, orange, banana, kiwi, apple, coconut, yogurt, water and milk skulls.
Went back in mid morn, focus on what we do in class: bear crawl, squat posture and dead lift out of grips, did a bunch of slow back extensions, maybe half an hours work.
Cupply boiled eggs and more water.
Baked beans and whole grain.

WKND
I've eaten pretty well over the weekend as mama has spoiled me due to fathers day.
The fam has had bugger all sleep as the baby has been really sick.
I weigh a little over 76kg on days that I munch.
Looking at the comps I'd be more suitable for I'm well within the weight limit although I really cant justify the cost just yet, there are a few peeps in my club who have talked to me about competing and while it's something I really want to do it's also driving me up the wall as paying for training is a monetary luxury in itself.
I know I'm physically and mentally ready but I'll just have to hold off for a bit.

My son fell from a height and hit his head on concrete and after I picked him up and looked around I saw in the park we were in that three separate adult men were smirking as he screamed, it reminded me that some members of the human race are in fact just shit. There was a moment of rage where I thought that If I could have gotten away with it I would have been quite happy to stomp all of their teeth in. And then I had some inner monologue returning to calm while I cuddled my boy, convincing myself that I'm better than that etc etc and my focus should be my boy ....and that I need to lead my son by example.....
Boy was up all night last night so me and mama were too...

Bowled into the gym and did some loose bag work and foam rolling.
Vancouver finished his class and showed me how to do shin on shin guard to berimbolo when opponent is standing.
Had a couple of boiled eggs, some wheat, coconut, almonds, sultanas and coffee.
Feels like mid arvo in the morning.
At the moment my right knee has a dull pain, my right calf feels corked from last weeks whoopsy and my left shoulder also has strain, arthritis is playing up, need to hide them joints away when I roll, things need to fucken upswing.

Had an orange and booted back to the gym, did a negligible skip, some movement to focus on heavy hips, some defensive stand, some chins and a bit of bridge.
Waitch beltch homie bowled in and looked at me like 'tha fuck are you?', lol, slap, bump, roll, joy.

Baked beans and whole grain, milk, lots of milk.
Broc, colliie, green beans, mushees, brown rice, coconut, kafir, garlic, toms, kumara.
Yogurt, honey, orange, strawberries, coconut, almonds, sultanas.

Last edited:
Back