Damn Mike Perry fought 5 times in one year

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Was just going over his record and damn 5 fights in 13 months in the UFC, 4-1 over this time all 4 wins by tko and his only loss a decision. That's pretty impressive, especially when you take into account all his fights were against UFC mainstays Hyun Gyu Lim, Jake Ellenberger, and Alan Jouban. Had a war with Danny Roberts also who was an impressive prospect in his own right going into the fight.

Also, even though his last opponent on paper was his easiest in the UFC yet, he would've fought Thiago Alves his last fight if not for unfortunate circumstances, who would've been his hardest fight on paper. If anything I think Mike Perry deserves some respect for this alone, you don't see many fighters pulling this off that's Cowboy Cerrone levels of activity right there.

Was just going over his record and damn 5 fights in 13 months in the UFC, 4-1 over this time all 4 wins by tko and his only loss a decision. That's pretty impressive, especially when you take into account all his fights were against UFC mainstays Hyun Gyu Lim, Jake Ellenberger, and Alan Jouban. Had a war with Danny Roberts also who was an impressive prospect in his own right going into the fight.

Also, even though his last opponent on paper was his easiest in the UFC yet, he would've fought Thiago Alves his last fight if not for unfortunate circumstances, who would've been his hardest fight on paper. If anything I think Mike Perry deserves some respect for this alone, you don't see many fighters pulling this off that's Cowboy Cerrone levels of activity right there.

True that. He's in some Cerrone/Magny wave right there, plus has a unique personality to make himself stand out in a stacked WW division, among the 500+ roster of UFC independent contractors. I'm not a fan of his shenanigans, but I have to give respect where it's due.

In the time it took you to type the OP, Donald Cerrone fought six times

A year is now 13 months long?
I don't get it.

Impressive, it's what happens when you need the money I suppose.

Yeah it's why his chins on limited time

Enjoy him while he lasts folks

A year is now 13 months long?
I don't get it.

Close enough god damn some of you people are fucking perfectionists it's impressive no matter what way you slice it quit trying to stop platinums shine you dick

JT Money fought 8 times in 2009 hahaha

He's innocent

I'm starting to think no one can knock Perry out
He's got that zombie stamina
kill7a.gif
<{JustBleed}>

That's nothing. Tito once fought with a broken skull!

Cro Cop
1996 - 2016 - 80 fights combined in K1, PRIDE and UFC. That's 4 fights a year for 20 years straight. 4 knee surgeries. 2 foot surgeries. Biceps tendon surgery and shoulder surgery.

In 2002-2003 timespan he fought 11 times in 12 months in K1 and Pride combined.

After he got KO'd cold by Randleman, just destroyed - he fought 4 weeks after. It was some japanese can but you imagine anyone doing that today?

And from 1996 til 1999 he couldnt fight in Japan cause his quarrel with Branko Cikatić (first K1 winner ever) so he had 45 amateur boxing fights in that timespan.

Cro Cop
1996 - 2016 - 80 fights combined in K1, PRIDE and UFC. That's 4 fights a year for 20 years straight. 4 knee surgeries. 2 foot surgeries. Biceps tendon surgery and shoulder surgery.

In 2002-2003 timespan he fought 11 times in 12 months in K1 and Pride combined.

After he got KO'd cold by Randleman, just destroyed - he fought 4 weeks after. It was some japanese can but you imagine anyone doing that today?

And from 1996 til 1999 he couldnt fight in Japan cause his quarrel with Branko Cikatić (first K1 winner ever) so he had 45 amateur boxing fights in that timespan.

Those were the days of giants my man. Him, Fedor, Big Nog and the rest of the boys will forever be the gold standard for HWs in MMA.

Platinum style. Not only does he fight often, he also brings excitement and violence in his fights.

War Platinum Mike, you crazy prophet of the JBG.

The michigan boys love this UFC money. They think they are rich . Props to Perry on his bonuses and wins but the guy is a knuckle head calling for Lawler after that win like it had merit. Tough guy tho and of course love the style.

Close enough god damn some of you people are fucking perfectionists it's impressive no matter what way you slice it quit trying to stop platinums shine you dick

you're the one distorting facts to create more shine than there really is.

4 times a year is enough to be impressive, 5 times in 13 month is too, you could have said it like it is.

but nooooo you HAD to enhance exagerate and say 5 times in a year, as if it would change something, AND you whine when someone points it out.

typical perry/mctap fan

you're the one distorting facts to create more shine than there really is.

4 times a year is enough to be impressive, 5 times in 13 month is too, you could have said it like it is.

but nooooo you HAD to enhance exagerate and say 5 times in a year, as if it would change something, AND you whine when someone points it out.

typical perry/mctap fan

It's a respectable feat. Sorry Platinum fighting 5 times in basically a year is a rage inducing trigger to you. You must have alot of friends with how easy you get mad. I fucking can't stand Macgregor either and don't think Perry is as good as advertised, just stating a simple fact.

Back