Damn Matt Hamill still got it...

Matt Hamill could have had a much better career had he not totally abandoned his wrestling and ground game in favor of his mediocre striking.

Dude just can't handle a left hook. I really don't get it.

I thought Cane was a skinhead and Hamill had hair...

I'm just sad Cane didn't do another dance before he fell.

We've seen a shitload of fighters like that, including Sokoudjou. I think the main issue is that most people 205 (other than maybe Jonathan Jones) have the ability to knock any other LHW out if they land clean. So get a few good KO's and you'll get attention, but sooner or later you'll run into a superior martial artist and don't get a lucky KO.
Speaking of Sokoudjou, I'm not sure we're saying Matt still has it when this happened around the same time last year

Remember when everyone was hyping the shit out of Luiz Cané as the next big thing on here? Not really worked out so well that one..
Sherdog hyped up a fighter with a couple flashy wins?

Stop the presses!!

Hamill vs Cane, what year is this, 2010??

2rgFhM6.jpg

I thought this was a cruel joke at first and it was really Matt Hamill getting KO'd again.

As I remember it, Matt Hamill had short brown hair and Luiz Cane was bald headed. They've traded looks it seems.

I always thought being deaf was an advantage for him. Guy probably has some amazing concentration.

Back