Daily Stormer owner Mimics Trump, wins appeal

Throttlehead

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Neo-Nazi Says He’s Innocent Of Harassment Because Trump Said Similar Things
The publisher of the most prominent neo-Nazi website in America, who is being sued for urging followers to target a Jewish woman with a “troll storm,” is arguing in federal court that the case should be dismissed because President Trump’s use of similar language was recently found to be legally acceptable, the Montana newspaper the Missoulian reported Thursday.

In 2016, Andrew Anglin, who runs the hate website The Daily Stormer, published the contact information of Missoula resident Tanya Gersh and urged followers to “Hit Em Up” with an “old fashioned Troll Storm.” He followed up with “NO VIOLENCE OR THREATS OF VIOLENCE OR ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THAT.”

Gersh, who is Jewish and who had been in a dispute with the mother of prominent white supremacist Richard Spencer, received numerous death threats and anti-Semitic. She went on to sue Anglin for emotional distress.

But an appeals court in Kentucky ruled on Tuesday that Trump did not incite violence at a 2016 campaign rally when he said “get ‘em out of here…don’t hurt ‘em,” and that his language was protected by the First Amendment. Anglin’s lawyers argued the following day that Anglin’s language was also protected speech since he similarly conditioned his “troll storm” request with “NO VIOLENCE.”

Anglin has also claimed that he can’t be held responsible for what third parties may have done to Gersh.

Anglin had previously been in hiding in order to avoid being served with process papers in this and other suits, but was ordered by a judge in February to reveal his location to the court.

LMFAO @ people denying connections between nazis and trump.

We actually have idiots on here, who think most neo nazis arent trump supporters lol.

"FUCK THEM UP"...... "but no violence"
"THESE PEOPLE ARE INFERIOR AND NON HUMAN".... "but no threats"
"THESE PEOPLE WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE AND LITERALLY KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILIY"... "but go after them in a civil way"

"What? No I wasn't inciting violence at all sir, look how I said no threats!"

I fucking hate these bullshit tactics. At least they are a bit more obvious than the typical dog whistling. "WHAT?? I never said black people are inferior to us and should be treated as such, I just said that research shows they have lower IQ". "Nono I'm not a racist, I'm a race REALIST"

Btw, I'm not putting this on Trump. He can be moronic, but I don't think he's particularly racist in a sinister, "I want genocide" way at all. The Daily Stormer however...

We actually have idiots on here, who think most neo nazis arent trump supporters lol.

We have idiots on here that will deny that Nazis are far right on the political spectrum. Not the brightest bunch.

Somehow I have a feeling if someone cursed the judge out and finished it with "no contempt" he'd still be found to be in contempt of court by the judge.

I feel like some of it IS on Trump.

He's got the pulpit. He has the influence. He can at least say something prominent to discourage white supremacists the way he's said prominent things to encourage them.

I feel like some of it IS on Trump.

He's got the pulpit. He has the influence. He can at least say something prominent to discourage white supremacists the way he's said prominent things to encourage them.
Why alienate part of your voter base?

Neo-Nazi Says He’s Innocent Of Harassment Because Trump Said Similar Things
The publisher of the most prominent neo-Nazi website in America, who is being sued for urging followers to target a Jewish woman with a “troll storm,” is arguing in federal court that the case should be dismissed because President Trump’s use of similar language was recently found to be legally acceptable, the Montana newspaper the Missoulian reported Thursday.

In 2016, Andrew Anglin, who runs the hate website The Daily Stormer, published the contact information of Missoula resident Tanya Gersh and urged followers to “Hit Em Up” with an “old fashioned Troll Storm.” He followed up with “NO VIOLENCE OR THREATS OF VIOLENCE OR ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THAT.”

Gersh, who is Jewish and who had been in a dispute with the mother of prominent white supremacist Richard Spencer, received numerous death threats and anti-Semitic. She went on to sue Anglin for emotional distress.

But an appeals court in Kentucky ruled on Tuesday that Trump did not incite violence at a 2016 campaign rally when he said “get ‘em out of here…don’t hurt ‘em,” and that his language was protected by the First Amendment. Anglin’s lawyers argued the following day that Anglin’s language was also protected speech since he similarly conditioned his “troll storm” request with “NO VIOLENCE.”

Anglin has also claimed that he can’t be held responsible for what third parties may have done to Gersh.

Anglin had previously been in hiding in order to avoid being served with process papers in this and other suits, but was ordered by a judge in February to reveal his location to the court.
Sounds appropriate. However hateful his website was, if he issued the statement "No Violence", didn't issue any threats himself, didn't say anything like, "Someone ought to kill her", and he didn't undertake any violence himself, then I wouldn't be seating a civil case against him on the ground of violence or threats.

Go after the people who threatened her. Otherwise every business owner everywhere is responsible not only for the actions their employees or customers take, but also their speech. Do you think Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram would have a prayer of surviving those lawsuits? The deepest pockets in the world aren't that deep.

wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Sounds appropriate. However hateful his website was, if he issued the statement "No Violence", didn't issue any threats himself, didn't say anything like, "Someone ought to kill her", and he didn't undertake any violence himself, then I wouldn't be seating a civil case against him on the ground of violence or threats.

Go after the people who threatened her. Otherwise every business owner everywhere is responsible not only for the actions their employees or customers take, but also their speech. Do you think Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram would have a prayer of surviving those lawsuits? The deepest pockets in the world aren't that deep.

People in the war room have claimed that neo nazis dont support trump...that there is no link...that most neo nazis arent trump supporters.

However hateful the website is.

Check the lovely "Jewish Problem" section: https://dailystormer.name/section/jewish-problem/

It looks like satire, but it isn't.

I was not posting to argue the merits of the dismissal, but to show the individual's argument he used to walk. It wasn't like Alan Isaacman using Johnny Carson as an example in the Larry Flynt supreme court. It was instead a neo nazi using the POTUS as someone he mimicked. A little troubling one might say.

I was not posting to argue the merits of the dismissal, but to show the individual's argument he used to walk. It wasn't like Alan Isaacman using Johnny Carson as an example in the Larry Flynt supreme court. It was instead a neo nazi using the POTUS as someone he mimicked. A little troubling one might say.
These are the times we live in.
A POTUS no longer needs a sense of civility and decorum, he can just be a huge jackass.

Their EXPLICIT tactic is to frame everything as satire, while spreading out ideas they legimitately believe. I can’t believe people believe the ‘they’re just trolls’ defense.
It's the art of saying it without really saying it.
Being coy about your opinions is the new alpha.

Here boy!

So telling people to not threaten others is 'mimicking Trump'?

I got the next scoop for you: Nazis drink water, Trump also drank water (we have this on video!!!). Clearly Trump is a Nazi.

I don't think this is a matter of emulation, but of him invoking precedent; as an appeal to populism, as a material legal defense, and as a brazen attempt to hide behind Trump who happens to be the most powerful man in the land (which is why he knows if he can attach himself to Trump as a precedent he won't have to fear prosecution).

The rest of this is a classic guilt by association fallacy.

So telling people to not threaten others is 'mimicking Trump'?

I got the next scoop for you: Nazis drink water, Trump also drank water (we have this on video!!!). Clearly Trump is a Nazi.

Kneejerk reaction - Must defend Trump. Even if I don´t fucking understand what is being discussed. Good little cuck

Kneejerk reaction - Must defend Trump. Even if I don´t fucking understand what is being discussed. Good little cuck
"Waaaaaaaaaaah, a Nazi said to not threaten people"

Must be hard living life with the mind of an 8 year old.

"Waaaaaaaaaaah, a Nazi said to not threaten people"

Must be hard living life with the mind of an 8 year old.

Well I guess you would know since you still haven´t even understood what the OP is actually about. Just had to rush in here to defend like the little spineless unprincipled cuck that you are..

Back