Daily GOAT discussion v1.0 or Talk About Whatever You Want

Doesn't Aldo have more belts than Jones, two wins over the former champ of the weight class above his own, two other wins over former champs, and no positive tests?

Aldo should be in the discussion.

Problem is, you don't get to universally dictate who is great for everyone else. This is a subjected point of view, for example i think Fedor Emilanenko is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. There are people here that strongly disagree, and i absolutely accept this because i didn't experience MMA in their eyes.

Problem is, you don't get to universally dictate who is great for everyone else. This is a subjected point of view, for example i think Fedor Emilanenko is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. There are people here that strongly disagree, and i absolutely accept this because i didn't experience MMA in their eyes.

Yes I do, I just did. It's a fact now.

GSP,Fedor,Anderson,Jones.

Put them in whatever order you want. Put an asterisk besides whoever you want for whatever reason you want. These 4 are the greats. Some people will remove AS or Jones because of positive tests, or Fedor because he didn't fight in a league with testing, or GSP because of grease-gate. Whatever. If you scroll back through GOAT discussions over the years these are the four names that pop up over and over again.

And the reason they are the greats is because they got in the damn cage and fought. They defended the belt against whoever was next, whoever was available. Sure they all had some weaker competition, that's what happens when you get in there and clean out the division. But they fought over and over again, in their division defending their belt.

I love watching Conor fight. And he'll go down as a legend, but he'll never be as great as these four because he's not getting in there and defending his belt.

Woodley is a fantastic fighter, but he's talking about who's going to make him a legend. And he's got it all wrong. One fight didn't make GSP a legend. 10 fights did. Not losing for 50 rounds did. He got in there and defended the title.

TJ just got his title back and wants to fight DJ. Is anyone going to care if he goes down and beats up a smaller man? That's not going to get you on Mt. Rushmore.

I'm tired of this circus. If you've got the belt, get in the cage and fight someone in your division. Stop looking for money fights. Stop trying to call out old legends. Fight the #1 contender and make the belt mean something. You can't pick and choose your way to becoming an all-time great, you either are or you aren't. But you have to get in the cage to find out.

I agree w everything except for what you said about Tj. He's a two time champion who's already defended his belt and even as no 1 contender was fighting other contenders. it's not his fault that Cruz ducked a rematch. the mma world is pushing a "mm is goat" narrative- if mm is supposedly goat then that fight goes a long way in helping Tj get the all-time credit he deserves.

since we dont know who uses what ped's, i just want to say you are not a goat if youre dumb enough to get caught.

I agree w everything except for what you said about Tj. He's a two time champion who's already defended his belt and even as no 1 contender was fighting other contenders. it's not his fault that Cruz ducked a rematch. the mma world is pushing a "mm is goat" narrative- if mm is supposedly goat then that fight goes a long way in helping Tj get the all-time credit he deserves.

I wasn't trying to rag on TG for it, just that it falls into the modern-era trend of champions calling out champions, looking for money/superfights. A bit of that is good but it's gotten away from itself a bit. Champs need to defend their belts against legit contenders for the belt to mean anything.

since we dont know who uses what ped's, i just want to say you are not a goat if youre dumb enough to get caught.

Silva is always gonna be the GOAT of the MW division ped's didn't make him a great fighter..They didn't make him have great hand eye coordination. I laugh at this argument. Most of these guys are either on ped's or have been on them. It was encouraged in Pride and was even written that they wouldn't test for them in their contracts

I wasn't trying to rag on TG for it, just that it falls into the modern-era trend of champions calling out champions, looking for money/superfights. A bit of that is good but it's gotten away from itself a bit. Champs need to defend their belts against legit contenders for the belt to mean anything.

I agree Tj still has to have rematches : fights w a few of the folowing: garbrandt 2 hopefully Cruz 2 if he isn't too brittle, assumcao 3, and hopefully Rivera in order to tap into atg territory

GSP,Fedor,Anderson,Jones.

Put them in whatever order you want. Put an asterisk besides whoever you want for whatever reason you want. These 4 are the greats. Some people will remove AS or Jones because of positive tests, or Fedor because he didn't fight in a league with testing, or GSP because of grease-gate. Whatever. If you scroll back through GOAT discussions over the years these are the four names that pop up over and over again.

And the reason they are the greats is because they got in the damn cage and fought. They defended the belt against whoever was next, whoever was available. Sure they all had some weaker competition, that's what happens when you get in there and clean out the division. But they fought over and over again, in their division defending their belt.

I love watching Conor fight. And he'll go down as a legend, but he'll never be as great as these four because he's not getting in there and defending his belt.

Woodley is a fantastic fighter, but he's talking about who's going to make him a legend. And he's got it all wrong. One fight didn't make GSP a legend. 10 fights did. Not losing for 50 rounds did. He got in there and defended the title.

TJ just got his title back and wants to fight DJ. Is anyone going to care if he goes down and beats up a smaller man? That's not going to get you on Mt. Rushmore.

I'm tired of this circus. If you've got the belt, get in the cage and fight someone in your division. Stop looking for money fights. Stop trying to call out old legends. Fight the #1 contender and make the belt mean something. You can't pick and choose your way to becoming an all-time great, you either are or you aren't. But you have to get in the cage to find out.
* Aldo

GSP is the only GOAT from that list. Anderson and Jones got popped twice for steroids. And Fedor only fought in pride where there were zero drug tests, and Roids were encouraged by the Yakuza owners. And when Fedor came to America and fought in strikeforce, he lost alot.
Are you saying that GSP is clean?
What are you, a 5 yrs old?

gspdimples.jpg

<{Joewithit}><36><24>

Mighty Mouse can not be in the same sentence as Fedor, Anderson, GSP, and Jones.

The best analogy I can come up with is this.

This guy went 25-0 undefeated beating up every oompa loompa there is. Proved himself against all the meanest oompa loompas in the world.

article-1177338-04CED2D4000005DC-714_235x282.jpg

But everyone knows who runs the factory

Anderson and GSP would lose to Roy Nelson.

Back