Dads-- I need help. Anybody with product knowledge of playground sets?

We got ours from Costco online. Yardline brand I believe. We paid for installation too which wasn't much. Glad we did because I couldn't imagine building that thing.

Costco has the same type. Put one up at my in-laws cause they had space for it. 3 people is all you need.1 is gonna suck, 2 is going take to dam long but 3 and its easy.

Four year old girl. Would like to keep it under $1000, but I'm eyeballing up to $1500 sets. Any wisdom here? Are there brands known for good work?

You are a dad? Did not see that coming. Anyway, how about a playhouse? Girls love these things. These are about $1,700 or they can be rented. I'm sure they have them for sale/rent in California. These guys built the barn for my donkeys. First rate! -- Link: http://www.okstructures.com/playhouses.html

8x10-victorian-w-porch-crop-u7797_2_orig.png

img-0248_1_orig.jpg

Last edited:
We were thinking about getting a playground set in the backyard, but decided to just let the kids get creative on their own. We have a playground that is less than a 5 minutes walk from the house anyways. The only thing I would consider is building a raised playhouse (since I have no tree to work with). Also plan to build some raised planter boxes so they can grow their own vegetables. I would even consider one of those cheap above ground intex pools.

I'd hit up Craigslist and search for playground sets trying to be sold by parents who's kids that have outgrown them.

Wouldn't be surprised if you found something similar to that $1500 set, for $200.
exactly

I bought mine for 100 bucks, spent 250 bucks for someone to disassemble it, transport it snd reassemble it. spent another 150 bucks on new swings and equipment.

Check Costco

Costco had a very nice one for like 1,200. My wife and I wanted it. It easily compared to the ones that cost 2,500 bucks. It isn't in the store anymore and I have no idea if it is online, but it is worth checking into for TS.

I love Costco.

A friend of mine got one for free. All he had to do was come take it apart and take it home. I’m sure you can find a similar one.

Wouldn’t that arrangement just make you wanna pay full price then pay any extra money to have someone from the store build it for you.

Why does your thread title say dads?

Creepy uncles know playground stuff too

Wouldn’t that arrangement just make you wanna pay full price then pay any extra money to have someone from the store build it for you.
I would since I don’t mind spending the money to avoid the trouble and have better things to do with my time. Some people are cheap though.

I would since I don’t mind spending the money to avoid the trouble and have better things to do with my time. Some people are cheap though.

I would go with your strategy every single time. I’m not about to waste an entire Saturday putting together a jungle gym.

Uncle Mick buying presents?

Costco and Sam's Club sells these types of sets for like $900. They have a great return policy too.

First off, it's embarrassing how many here just say "hire someone". It's horrible how so many people are too lazy or dumb to do shit for themselves.
My advice, don't spend too much. Kids grow out of them faster than you think, and they really only use the swing and slide. All the other shit just adds price but doesn't increase the fun they get out of it. This is what I got my boys. I had to buy the 4x4s and I already had the slide. I made a sand box under the slide frame. They never played in it, they preferred their pile of dirt they dug out of the yard. Total price was under $350. Good thing too, because by the time they were 5-6 they were done with it other than the occasional swing. Now they're 8 and 9 and the only time they use it is to put a hose on the slide and a piece of plastic at the bottom and use it as a slip n slide.
swing-n-slide-playsets-playsets-pb-8232-64_1000.jpg

Sorry man, always built my own. Pre-built ones are too expensive for my taste, and yes, I do sound poor.

Built a two story treehouse for an old coworker to use as a tree blind and his son to play in awhile ago, and thus far for my daughter, I only built her a swingset with 3 swings. 100% gonna post pictures when I build her tree house. I drew up plans and everything. It will kinda be a tree condo, as it will have electric and be screened in, a cargo net and a ladder to climb up and a slide to get down, with a sandbox under it.....

First off, it's embarrassing how many here just say "hire someone". It's horrible how so many people are too lazy or dumb to do shit for themselves.
My advice, don't spend too much. Kids grow out of them faster than you think, and they really only use the swing and slide. All the other shit just adds price but doesn't increase the fun they get out of it. This is what I got my boys. I had to buy the 4x4s and I already had the slide. I made a sand box under the slide frame. They never played in it, they preferred their pile of dirt they dug out of the yard. Total price was under $350. Good thing too, because by the time they were 5-6 they were done with it other than the occasional swing. Now they're 8 and 9 and the only time they use it is to put a hose on the slide and a piece of plastic at the bottom and use it as a slip n slide.
swing-n-slide-playsets-playsets-pb-8232-64_1000.jpg

That's a pretty bare bones swing set. I wouldn't feel too great about spending $350 on that without install. I'm not surprised they didn't use it that much.

That's a pretty bare bones swing set. I wouldn't feel too great about spending $350 on that without install. I'm not surprised they didn't use it that much.
I agree, but have you bothered to price components? The slide itself is $100. Lumber and swings were a bit over $200. That's just what things cost.
And you must not have kids, or pay much attention to how much they use things. Every family I know has some sort of playset in their back yard, and every single one of them says the same thing, "They hardly ever used it". They're made to impress the parents, not the kids.

Back