Dad rock?

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
JEsus I'm 28 and this term bothers me to no end. Everytime I hear it I'm like " you little punk" and it seems like they are totally unaware of how derivative their new rock music is.

Anything released before 2000 I'm guessing.

Jesus it actually scares me to think that kids born in 2000 are 17 or getting close to 18... fuck.

Never heard it. I still listen to Punk, G'nR, Van Halen and my local college radio station.

No fucks are given.

Never heard it. I still listen to Punk, G'nR, Van Halen and my local college radio station.

No fucks are given.
You know what's sad is that all the bullshit kids listen to today is super derivative of the stuff our dad's listened to, like Gordon Ligntfoot, The Who, etc. All these new rock bands I see on tv are trying to go retro or something.

You know what's sad is that all the bullshit kids listen to today is super derivative of the stuff our dad's listened to, like Gordon Ligntfoot, The Who, etc. All these new rock bands I see on tv are trying to go retro or something.

My kids listen to modern pop. There is a some clever song writing by 50 yr old guys out there, for these younger acts.

that doesnt bother me. Theyve been doing that since the early 2000s. but kids today have no respect. thats the problem.

Never heard it than agian I'm not around kids and most ppl I know are 30+. I did come across a 22 year old who said he was into Country music but didn' t know who Conway Twitty or Hank Williams was I just shook my head and walked away.

JEsus I'm 28 and this term bothers me to no end. Everytime I hear it I'm like " you little punk" and it seems like they are totally unaware of how derivative their new rock music is.
Especially dipshit teenagers that have no clue when songs are remade and credit their favorite band for coming up with the song.

Kids are dumb. And we were no different when we were kids.

Back