Cynthia Calvillo potential anti doping violation! (For Marijuana)

Such a stupid thing to pop for, can't believe they overturn decisions/fight outcomes for smoking weed.

maybe someone spiked her supplements. someone needs to break out the lie detector

Why is that a banned substance anyway? How could that possibly enhance her performance? Dumb as fuck.

I think the pot rule is dumb as hell...but smoking during camp is just unprofessional.

No need for evidence. One is a ped, the other just abanned substance. Taking heroin the getting into the octagon isnt enhancing athletic performance, but is banned. Physically, an anabolic steroid is certainly more beneficial to athletic performance, vs a psychedelic compound. If their is no exact study, its because its a ridiculous waste of time.

Either way, its irrelevant, as both are banned.
Dude, you are saying that evidence is not needed. LOL

I can't take you seriously.

Considering they don’t test for weed out of competition. What does it say about somebody that pops for it in competition ?

To have so little discipline is kind of shocking. Certainly not the kind of discipline it takes to be the very best.

I think that’s a 6 month ban. But, I’m not 100% sure on that.

I think in competition it probably should be limited for safety reasons, no one is allowed to go to work high and neither should these fighters.
safety? you can't die in the ring because you smoked weed. if anything you will fight sloppier and you will get stopped more easily, but that is it

Such a stupid thing to pop for, can't believe they overturn decisions/fight outcomes for smoking weed.
Fortunately (?) she lost, so this doesn't fuck up any records. Anyway, documented it, but I really don't give a fuck about weed positives. It's a dumb thing to test for, but it's also a dumb thing to fail for. If the AC wants to ban it for fighter safety, fine. WADA should be focused on PEDs and masking agents. The ACs or international governing bodies for various sports should decide what drugs are unsafe in their sport aside from that. If they want to combine the testing, that's ok too, but taking a drug that's unsafe to compete on that doesn't help you or endanger your competitor should get you a fine at most, not a suspension.

USADA caring about weed is like me caring about someone having too many beers. GTFO with that bullshit. I don't care about Calvillo per se but this over-reaching, authoritarian bullshit I have no tolerance for.

Why is that a banned substance anyway? How could that possibly enhance her performance? Dumb as fuck.

Just to play devils advocate...

“I roll better when I’m high” - every jewjistsu player ever.

No evidence that potatoes aren't as performance enhancing than Winstrol..
Or cotton candy.
What actually is a potato? Biochemically, a potato is starch (a collection of glucose molecules bound together). Whwn we eat potatoes, our bodies break it down to glucose. What is glucose? Glucose is a simple sugar, and the human body's preferred source fuel.

So, glucose is more performance enhancing than Winstrol, simply because, the human body needs glucose and oxygen for sustained physical activity.

We can use creatine for quick bursts of energy, but after that, you will need glucose and O2 to generate enough ATP (energy) to sustain explosive movements.

You can take all the Winstrol you want, if you don't supply the muscles with adequate glucose and O2, you will not generate enough ATP (energy).

This is scientific. Physiology 101. LOL

It's only prohibited in-competition. In competition is noon the prior day of the fight and then right after the fight. If you can't lay off the weed for that period of time, you have problems. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask fighters not to be high during a fight.

That said, weed just gets a slap on the wrist anyway. It's a fine and a potential small suspension.
The rule is stupid. In competition means you basically wouldn't be able to use it through an entire fight camp when that's one of the best times health wise to use it. That being said, CBD is legal as of January 1st and it's the CBD in cannabis that helps with CTE. But still, a fighter runs the risk of small amounts of THC finding its way into the cbd of whatever particular brand they use. The tainted CBD defense will happen.

It's not addictive guys! They just do it for.... reasons...

What actually is a potato? Biochemically, a potato is starch (a collection of glucose molecules bound together). Whwn we eat potatoes, our bodies break it down to glucose. What is glucose? Glucose is a simple sugar, and the human body's preferred source fuel.

So, glucose is more performance enhancing than Winstrol, simply because, the human body needs glucose and oxygen for sustained physical activity.

We can use creatine for quick bursts of energy, but after that, you will need glucose and O2 to generate enough ATP (energy) to sustain explosive movements.

You can take all the Winstrol you want, if you don't supply the muscles with adequate glucose and O2, you will not generate enough ATP (energy).

This is scientific. Physiology 101. LOL
Ok. Fun. And youre mimcking many arguments I make being pro steroid. So I see what you're doing, I get it.

My original point was that a banned ped such as tbol, and weed, aren't banned for the same reason. Objectively, tbol is a physical enhancer, in terms of ones muscles,strength, endurance.

Back