Cynthia Calvillo misses weight

They need to stop the video for ladies' getting extra "coverage." It's only a matter of time before one of the "holders" slips or trips. (Or the barely standing girl collapses.)

She looked like she was about to pass out up there. Bitch must have got the munchies...

They need to stop the video for ladies' getting extra "coverage." It's only a matter of time before one of the "holders" slips or trips. (Or the barely standing girl collapses.)

That's reasonable.

Unfortunately not the world we live in, but reasonable.

I just saw this as a national media story. Even though people are going to go after her for missing weight media going to treat this like abuse. This will not play well in a national spotlight.

They will bring up stories about extremes that fighters are putting themselves through to cut weight. This is not a good thing for UFC. She literally looks like she's about to drop dead yeah not going to play well.

This shit is on CNN... I hate when people say "look at what they go through to entertain us". Move up to your normal fucking weight class, it's just cowardly.

She went full Mackenzie Dern... You never go full Dern.

Diet early, cut smoother
<Fedor23>

She’s not the only fighter cutting big time or even dieting like crazy to make certain weight class. And the majority make it, so...

that hula hoop with a ufc cloth draped over it looks awkward as hell, surely there is a better design that allows enough room for the fighter to look down and see steps.

giphy.gif

Cynthia went Darren Till hungry mode.

they need to increase the penalty for missing weight. It's a huge advantage

I honestly don’t know who she is

She looked soft too. Doesn't look like she's been dieting.
I became an instant fan of her opponent though. This has to be the cheekiest face off since Rampage/Bones.

Maybe if they were real professionals/didn't roid up to a point where they can't lose enough fat and stay within weight classes, this wouldn't be an issue.

Just look at a guy like Khabib - when he was fucking around and doing dumb shit when he was supposed to cut weight, he fucked up. Now that he changed his approach it suddenly works fine - crazy, right?

This shit is on CNN... I hate when people say "look at what they go through to entertain us". Move up to your normal fucking weight class, it's just cowardly.
Ed Zachary

She's not a big 115er. Not a lot of sympathy.

Ed Zachary
Too bad. I was enjoying watching her come up through the ranks before her suspension. I always liked that she would keep striking if the fight went that way but if it dropped to the mat she also seemed to show a good ground game. I thought she was a pretty well rounded fighter. Aspen Ladd knows what I'm talking about.

Back