Cynthia Calvillo championship material?

vs Maycee Barber for a title elimination bout?? lol

Slow down

Suarez destroys her btw

I was starting to think she fell off but she ended up finishing Poliana with a beautiful no hooks RNC. But the real question is can she win the title and is she ready?

A title eliminator with Maycee Barber or Andrade would be great. Thoughts?

Buddy, you're talking about Cavillo as a title eliminator fight when she got beat by Esparza, then was suspended by USADA and now just missed weight?!?! Is this Faber posting from his sherdog burner account or something? lol Esparza humbled that ass and Cavillo isn't even in the top 15 dude... she has a LONG way to go. Best advice is for her to try the waters at 125 if the weight cut is to much because girls like Suarez, Rose, & Gadehla will eat her alive not to mention lower ranked fighters like Esparza, Barber, or Waterson.

I hate troll posts like these

Edit: I know her suspension was from marijuana, but keep in mind USADA only suspends you for drug metabolites like marijuana when you are IN COMPETITION, meaning training for a fight you are signed to!!! DON'T FUCKING GET HIGH DURING FIGHT CAMP. WHAT IS IT THAT? LIKE 8 WEEKS?!?! CMONNNN

I was starting to think she fell off but she ended up finishing Poliana with a beautiful no hooks RNC. But the real question is can she win the title and is she ready?

Maycee Barber? Title eliminator?

what the flying fuck are you talking about

Edit: I know her suspension was from marijuana, but keep in mind USADA only suspends you for drug metabolites like marijuana when you are IN COMPETITION, meaning training for a fight you are signed to!!! DON'T FUCKING GET HIGH DURING FIGHT CAMP. WHAT IS IT THAT? LIKE 8 WEEKS?!?! CMONNNN

you dont even need to stop for 8 weeks. stop smoking fight week and you are good to go. they have a 150/180 ng/ml threshold.

Cynthia was doing edibles at night to help her sleep.. allegedly she stopped a week out but who knows..

you dont even need to stop for 8 weeks. stop smoking fight week and you are good to go. they have a 150/180 ng/ml threshold.

Cynthia was doing edibles at night to help her sleep.. allegedly she stopped a week out but who knows..

Thanks for clarification, brother! So you can have marijuana in your system just up to a certain point? Most have been some good ass edibles but thats not gonna help her with the weight cut!!

Ehhh, I don't think pot is for degenerates but when you know it's a banned substance and you get tested regularly and you still do it shows you're lack of judgment and immaturity. Also, you're losing money.
Isn't it only illegal in competition? So you most likely have a problem if you do it anyway knowing when the test is. If I'm wrong and it was a random test that would make more sense.

A fight vs. karate hottie or KK would be telling.

I would agree here, she needs to fight a genuine top ten fighter before we can actually establish where she stands.. Felice Herrig, Cortney Casey-Sanchez other good options.

her UFC fights:

Amanda Cooper - unranked

Pearl Gonzalez - unranked

Joanne Calderwood - was ranked in the top 15, but missed weight, and arguably won the fight

Poliana Botelho - unranked

Carla Esparza - ranked - lost

So shes good at beating unranked fighters, and an overweight Calderwood who was barely top 15 at the time.

Is she a top ten fighter? we dont know, because shes only fought one top ten fighter, and shes yet to beat one (unless JoJo was ranked like 9th at the time, i cant remember)

Isn't it only illegal in competition? So you most likely have a problem if you do it anyway knowing when the test is. If I'm wrong and it was a random test that would make more sense.

its prohibited only in competition and only in a urinary concentration over 150ng/ml (and then USADA wont actually charge you till you hit 180ng/ml)

most excretion studies ive looked at have the urinary concentrations dropping below 150ng/ml within 2 days of abstinence. but if you said 7 days to be safe you would be good.

Should note, in the 3 years of the USADA program only THREE fighters have popped for weed, Calvillo, Gastelum and Brandao. If you consider how many fighters smoke or use cannabis, the fact only three have popped in three years tells me either the threshold is pretty generous or, its not that hard to cease use in time to not pop on fight night.

If fighters were popping on every card for cannabis, then it needs discussion, but three in three years says to me that its not an issue and those three are victims of their own carelessness/stupidity

Maybe she should rematch Esparza?It would be nice to avange loss before even asking for top 5 oponnent?
What's wrong wit some people? She is not championship material, because she never beaten top15 oponnent - Calderwood... she was somehow ranked 2 years without win in sw division...and she is no longer strawweight...

I agree with everything up to giving her KK next. Carvillo isn't even in the top 15 yet. Slow it down. Dern is #15, maybe give her that but to give her KK?
I just want a guaranteed win for KK is all.

I think she should move up and face the next big combat sports #1 star Sijara Eubanks.

The strawweight division is a shark tank.

I think Calvillo is one of the sharks, but it remains to be seen how close she can get to being top shark.

Maybe she should rematch Esparza?It would be nice to avange loss before even asking for top 5 oponnent?
What's wrong wit some people? She is not championship material, because she never beaten top15 oponnent - Calderwood... she was somehow ranked 2 years without win in sw division...and she is no longer strawweight...

no, we dont know if she is championship material or not because the majority of her wins come against unranked fighters.

until she starts fighting those top ten fighters on a regular basis we have no idea where she is.

that said, giving her an unranked girl after a year out was fair enough.

if you look at the rankings as they are, shes lost to the girl in 8th

1 Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2 Jessica Andrade
3 Claudia Gadelha
4 Tatiana Suarez
5 Karolina Kowalkiewicz
6 Tecia Torres
7 Michelle Waterson
8 Carla Esparza
9 Felice Herrig
10 Cortney Casey

So even with this win she shouldnt be ranked above Esparza.

So Waterson/Herrig/Casey would make some sense. Possibly Tecia Torres.

I think she loses to both Waterson and Torres

I just want a guaranteed win for KK is all.
KK was looking like shit physically just from start or even during walkout, she is 34 and she started to decline physically, she is just next victim of Suarez or maybe they will try to boost Waterson's ranking, Kowalkiewicz can't finish fight, pay judges, be happy, almost worked with Herrig.

no, we dont know if she is championship material or not because the majority of her wins come against unranked fighters.
no rakned oponnent beaten,no championship material right now for me, and asking for title eliminator?

KK was looking like shit physically just from start or even during walkout, she is 34 and she started to decline physically, she is just next victim of Suarez or maybe they will try to boost Waterson's ranking, Kowalkiewicz can't finish fight, pay judges, be happy, almost worked with Herrig.
I still believe
<2>

Cynthia landed a RNC without even using hooks she can finish Suarez ANYWHERE.
Esparza was the former champion and Suarez finished her, she also makes weight, can wrestle and doesn't seem to get in trouble smoking weed.
Let the UFC book it and we will see.

Namajunas isn't coming back until at least March likely against Andrade. So neither one is getting a title shot anytime soon.

Calvillo just called out Waterson on the mma hour.

I don't have anything against her, but common we've seen Cody - TAM hypejob basicly (he is not bad fighter, but he got one good win - Cruz, I know it's achievment), who got title shot with one top 10 win, acutally no 8, I don't need another one. And I see this same bs again. There's pattern.

Namajunas isn't coming back until at least March likely against Andrade. So neither one is getting a title shot anytime soon.

Calvillo lost to Esparza so the fight isn't realistic.

She called her because of sponsorship. Calvillo lost Body Armor sponsorship and they started to cooperate with Waterson. Give her top 10-15 oponnent.

Back