Cyborg will be exposed.

Holm is the only threat to her at 145, and I personally believe Ronda "hit the wall" and won't be winning any major fights anytime soon even if she takes one. That leaves Borg to face GDR, Holm, and there really isn't anybody else credible.
If Nunes was willing to face her, she's more credible.

You all wanna call Ronda the Royce Gracie of WMMA, the first star who was waiting to be deposed when the division evolved beyond her, invincible only to a short talent pool and not godly skill? Well, maybe so - but Cyborg is the Bob Sapp of MMA, who fights 40 year old women, ailing mothers, women with records of 1-3, fighters who are naturally 20-50lbs lighter than she naturally walks around, etc. She is on top of the list of those who've built a reputation against unworthy opponents. Anyone that can handle the early bull rush, and either throw some good shots back or get some ground game going will be her undoing, and her loss won't just be bad, it will be REAL bad, like the way Lesnar lost to Cain real bad. And even though The Borg will still have continued success in MMA, even the UFC, she will never be the same again.

I believe that Cyborg will be exposed by the first fighter who can squaredance around her bull rush, throw a few good counterpunches, take her down and eat her for lunch. Gina Carano was on her way to doing exactly that, until Carano got stupid and let her up. That may have been one of the biggest tactical blunders in MMA history right there. She could have been the original Cyborg Killer. Holm's career is on its death knell and I would love to see her revive herself with a win over Borg. Likewise, if Borg can beat Holm convincingly, that would go a long way toward winning over people like me who believe she's built a reputation she doesn't deserve. If Borg could finish Holm, that would really be impressive and leave very little room for remain doubt about her talent level and skill set (even though there will still be people who look negatively on her, generally the same people who look negatively on Bigfoot, Lesnar, Jones, Henderson, Vitor, Rua, and Machida).

Who do you think will be the Cyborg Killer?

My opinion: I think it will be Valentina if they ever fight. Borg fights in the least talented division in MMA, where anyone with even a little bit of game can Tank Abbot or Kimbo Slice their way into looking like the toughest ever (until the pony's one trick doesn't work anymore). Holm is the only threat to her at 145, and I personally believe Ronda "hit the wall" and won't be winning any major fights anytime soon even if she takes one. That leaves Borg to face GDR, Holm, and there really isn't anybody else credible.
When Cyborg batters Holly this thread is gonna be bumped.

what exactly is to exposed about Cyborg?

She wil be exposed when another female fighter violates PED regulations and creates malefemale body like her.

I agree somewhat, but I think you may have gone over the top a little. Cyborg is a decent fighter, largely due to her 'extra' strength and mass, and she also has decent striking ability. She's definitely made to look a lot better than she is thanks to her complete lack of competition, and I don't think there's any way she'd look as dominant against some of the better UFC fighters. I think a match between her and Nunes (which will never happen, sadly) would be incredibly interesting, I think Holm destroys her if she comes in confident and hungry, and Zingano/Shevchenko would be competitive, but likely go in Cyborg's favour simply due to size.

The reason I think Cyborg is so overrated is simply because a) she hasn't fought anyone of note at their peak bar perhaps Carano, who was also never a truly elite fighter, and b) because she relies on extra size that is clearly not natural. Unlike steroid abuse amongst men, which is bad enough, steroid abuse amongst women really stacks the cards in a huge way. Take that dominant physical edge away by bringing her down to 135, and have her fight based solely on her skills, and I think Cyborg would look way more human.

The fight with Jorina showcased the gulf between a world class striker and Cyborg, and I think someone like Holm would do the same.

When Cyborg batters Holly this thread is gonna be bumped.

And I will happily eat crow, I've been wrong before. I am a fan of the sport, not a psychic.

I agree with a few sentiments above:
1. Holm has looked awful against everyone not named Ronda (Bethe doesn't count and never has or will).
2. The Borg is a well-rounded, world class striker of her time.

Bob Sapp went rounds in Kickboxing and thanks to his Kickboxing and MMA bouts with world beaters like Hoost and Kimo (PRIME KIMO, at that), and looked like a well rounded striker. When he lost to Minotuaro, people wondered if Mino got lucky and was just a myth and assured Sapp would be the Coleman-Buster and one true world heaveyweight champion. Then, he faced a few more fighters who've evolved beyond his abilities and he was exposed. He wasn't rendered into a second-class fighter, nor am I saying Cyborg will be. I am saying that like Sapp, when Cyborg gets beaten - and I don't mean robbed, I mean totally pwnd the way Ronda did, people will look at her with more honesty and reflection and objectivity. There is a bias toward winning fighters to ignore their weaknesses until someone forces you to see them.

Every Conor has his Diaz, after all. Where I believe Cyborg will fail is she will be demolished by a fighter who isn't scared, knows how to answer a basic tank-rush from a skilled rusher, and counter strike while keeping her kicks, body shots, and grappling open. But hey - just like Cyborg, Bob Sapp is still pretty dangerous. He hasn't won anything worth mention in a long time, sure, but then again, he can still knock a person out with that perfect knee or punch and he's still one of the heavy hitters. And even in defeat, Cyborg will remain a heavy hitter, however like with Sapp and Gracie, Cyborg's style will be debunked and every opponent will adapt to Counter-Borg meta strategy.

I also agree that Nunes-Cyborg would be must see, and is probably the biggest draw either fighter can take. Nunes can become the real GOAT of WMMA by having defeated Ronda, Holm, and Cyborg (the holy trinity of WMMA). Likewise, Borg can demonstrate that she is a world championship class fighter and champion of great renown herself. No other opponent for either offers each of them this opportunity.

And I will happily eat crow, I've been wrong before. I am a fan of the sport, not a psychic.

I agree with a few sentiments above:
1. Holm has looked awful against everyone not named Ronda (Bethe doesn't count and never has or will).
2. The Borg is a well-rounded, world class striker of her time.

Bob Sapp went rounds in Kickboxing and thanks to his Kickboxing and MMA bouts with world beaters like Hoost and Kimo (PRIME KIMO, at that), and looked like a well rounded striker. When he lost to Minotuaro, people wondered if Mino got lucky and was just a myth and assured Sapp would be the Coleman-Buster and one true world heaveyweight champion. Then, he faced a few more fighters who've evolved beyond his abilities and he was exposed. He wasn't rendered into a second-class fighter, nor am I saying Cyborg will be. I am saying that like Sapp, when Cyborg gets beaten - and I don't mean robbed, I mean totally pwnd the way Ronda did, people will look at her with more honesty and reflection and objectivity. There is a bias toward winning fighters to ignore their weaknesses until someone forces you to see them.

Every Conor has his Diaz, after all. Where I believe Cyborg will fail is she will be demolished by a fighter who isn't scared, knows how to answer a basic tank-rush from a skilled rusher, and counter strike while keeping her kicks, body shots, and grappling open. But hey - just like Cyborg, Bob Sapp is still pretty dangerous. He hasn't won anything worth mention in a long time, sure, but then again, he can still knock a person out with that perfect knee or punch and he's still one of the heavy hitters. And even in defeat, Cyborg will remain a heavy hitter, however like with Sapp and Gracie, Cyborg's style will be debunked and every opponent will adapt to Counter-Borg meta strategy.
Didnt read any of this book you wrote lol. Just be ready to eat a whole lot of crow lol. Germaine just beat up Holly lol. Cyborg gonna murder her.

I also agree that Nunes-Cyborg would be must see, and is probably the biggest draw either fighter can take. Nunes can become the real GOAT of WMMA by having defeated Ronda, Holm, and Cyborg (the holy trinity of WMMA). Likewise, Borg can demonstrate that she is a world championship class fighter and champion of great renown herself. No other opponent for either offers each of them this opportunity.

Nunes does not want to fight Cyborg.
She said in the interview, that Justino's too big for her.

Exposure is for hype jobs not for fighters with prestigious careers behind them durrr.

Jorina beat her ass. I rest my case.

She never BEAT any worthy opponent in size and skill.
Neither in MMA, nor in BJJ, nor in Muai Thai.

Now disappear.

You act like the women mma division is full of somebody's . She beat every one put in front of her. Holly is next too .

You act like the women mma division is full of somebody's . She beat every one put in front of her. Holly is next too .

Lower categories have much deeper talent than freaking 145 division.
This is absolutely incomparable.

Saving thread to bump after fight.

Saving thread to bump after fight.

Yes. The ever-popular "save this thread so I can come back in here and say 'HA! YOU SUCK! I TOLD YOU SO!! NYAAH NYAAH NYAAAAAAAAAH!!'". <Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

Jesus Christ.

Holm was just quite clearly losing a fight to fucking Bethe Correia. Don'[t be dumb enough to put all your hopes and dreams into her.

This is Holm's retirement fight. She just had to make sure she secured enough retirement money.

I watched that fight, unlike you, and Jorina had a gameplan, followed it, was never in any danger. Outclassed Cyborg easily.
How is it in any way relevant how good or bad she is in boxing/MT/BJJ? It has no impact whatsoever on her career in MMA.

Instead of acting like an idiot, maybe you should wait until after the fight before you bash her. If Holm dominates her, then you were right. However, it is probably not going to happen.

I love how whenever a dominant or seemingly unbeatable fighter FINALLY loses, it means they're exposed. You probably also thought Chuck was "literally dead" against Rashad too.

Jesus Christ.

Holm was just quite clearly losing a fight to fucking Bethe Correia. Don'[t be dumb enough to put all your hopes and dreams into her.

This is Holm's retirement fight. She just had to make sure she secured enough retirement money.
Are you trying to speak logic in here??

Back