Cyborg Santos retires from MMA

Good for him, he has taking a beating in his career. Always fun to watch.

I'm alright with this, it's a bit overdue but he gave us some good fights with Bellator. I will always respect him for subbing an overhyped Brennan Ward. His fights with Manhoef and Diaz were great.

It's the right decision. Some of his recent fights have probably shortened his life. It's time to get out.

Will never forget his fight with Nick Diaz.

Crazy that he spent the majority of his career fighting 2 weight classes above where he shouldve been. He probably should have retired in 2008.

Fucking warriors in this mma game.

Probably for the best.

I was very surprised that cyborg wanted to come back after having his skull caved in. You can't teach that level of desire.

He gave his body to that sport and had a lot of fun fights, the 1st manhoef fight being my all time favorite.

He really did embody that chute boxe persona and lifestyle too.

Thank you for your performances, cyborg.

Good move.

That x-ray after the MVP knee was scary stuff.

Best to quit while you're ahead, or in this case, while you're alive.

Should put again on the title.

Also, he should have retired again when he beat the dude who beat Ken Hasegawa. By far that was the greatest comeback of his career and, maybe, his greatest victory.

So much for "soon"? So much for a "real mma news article" Someone here will give him a proper retirement send off.

Cyborg Santos retiring is the best decision he made because that fractured skull probably shortened his career.

Hope he can have a successful life.

I can't imagine that a man gets a skull injury like that and then walks away without any major complications. That was one of the most unsightly injuries I've seen (not the worst, but the imagination runs away with what was going on under the skin).

I sincerely hope he finds something fulfilling to spend his retirement doing.

It's time, man. Just a pity his career had to end with the indignity of that utter dickhead rolling a pokeball at his near-lifeless corpse :(

I was just thinking about him the other day. I am relieved. Good luck to him.

It's time, man. Just a pity his career had to end with the indignity of that utter dickhead rolling a pokeball at his near-lifeless corpse :(

Yeah man, that prick is gonna get whats coming to him one day.

Glad he made the right decision he can pass on his knowledge to help out up and coming fighters.

Yeah that was disrespectful AF. No longer an MVP fan after he did that.

Glad cyborg called it quits. He's a true veteran of the sport. Has fought in many organizations. I bet he will spend his retirement from MMA teachings jiu-jitsu. The guy has great BJJ. Best to him.

NO WAAAAAAY. i haven't read it yet but nooooo... wait you mean the android, not the gynoid? oh whatever..... bellator bum
what kind of asshole would come into a man's send off card/thread and talk that shit...I hope you get banned

thanks for the fights Cyborg, well wishes to you in your future endeavors

bellator bum

He fought for organisations like pride & strikeforce. Only his last 3 fights were in bellator.. But nice try discrediting a vet.

I wish him the best. Dude was in some very fun fights.

somehow I never believed when he wanted to fight a few months after MVP :D

happy retirement you crazy fooker

Back