Cyborg issues Death Threat to Amanda Nunes

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://themaclife.com/featured-posts/cris-cyborg-amanda-nunes-call-prepare-im-going-kill-cage/

Cris Cyborg is not against fighting Amanda Nunes in the UFC. But before she does, she wants the UFC to meet her half way on a few things.

When Nunes and her team began asking for a meeting between the two champions, the UFC women’s featherweight champion was initially uninterested. Instead, Cyborg says, she feels a responsibility as the face of the 145-pound division to help grow a weight class that is currently hugely lacking in any depth and quality of athletes.

That’s why when the UFC come knocking on her door to meet Nunes in the cage, Cyborg is making sure it’s known she isn’t turning down the fight, she just wants to fight a real 145-pounder first to help kickstart her weight class.

“If she wants to do this fight, it’s okay, it’s welcome to happen this fight,” Cyborg said, speaking on MMAFighting’s The MMA Hour. “I have three fights on my contract, and I [don’t] have any problem to fight her. But I want the UFC to invest in my division...

/

I can fight Amanda, I think Amanda can have her opportunity for sure. [But I think first] somebody from 145, I think deserve the opportunity first than her. And if Amanda is a super fight, I want to fight her on a big event. A big card, so it can sell pay-per-view. Because Amanda doesn’t sell pay-per-views. Amanda, she barely makes almost 100,000 pay-per-views. [Beating her doesn’t] changing my career at 145, and she doesn’t sell pay-per-views.

/

“[It’ll be] a pleasure, I was [respecting] her because she’s Brazilian, but you call me out prepare yourself, because I gonna kill you in the cage. We gonna be fight.”

---

Sh*t just got real lol. First Cyborg disses her coach now this. Brazil vs Brazil business to be taken care of. Nunes is shook as hell right now.

hqdefault.jpg

Cyborg looked very beatable against Holly tbh.

I like Cyborg but she is way to needy with EVERY fight.
This fight will NEVER happen, unless Nunes loses her belt and moves up

Holy hyperbole. I'd hardly classify that as a "death threat."

At any rate, who does Cyborg think is out there as a real 145'er that she can fight to help develop her weight class?

Nunes will smack the shit out of cyborg. I look forward to making easy money on that fight.

I like Cyborg but she is way to needy with EVERY fight.
This fight will NEVER happen, unless Nunes loses her belt and moves up

All the men in the ufc get fucked over by dana 25/8 and cyborg stands up for herself. Even conor gets pulled off cards, jon jones gets tested for cocaine when he's not even supposed to, yadda yadda yadda. And cyborg has the balls to stick to what she wants.

Its not being needy, the ufc is a shit show. Do you let corrupt wankers push you around all day at work or what

People really pay attention to what Cyborg says? Not exactly a paragon of integrity.

Cyborg looked very beatable against Holly tbh.
She has decent power in her strikes but got destroyed in the clinch, think that fight would have opened a few eyes to her main weakness.

Sounds like Cyborg getting onboard, UFC gonna get this done boys get Hyped. Does ufc223 have a venue this would be big in Brazil?
Maybe DJ mans up next and we see double Superfight night.

Wasn’t she saying she wants to go to Bellator the other day?
Now she wants the ufc to invest in a division that she wants to leave?

She has decent power in her strikes but got destroyed in the clinch, think that fight would have opened a few eyes to her main weakness.

Holly is physically stronger and more athletic than Cyborg, but she just spams the same combinations over and over like a robot programmed to do it. If they did come up with a different game plan, she didn't follow it. Holly beat other (inferior)competition purely on her athleticism, strength and experience in boxing and kickboxing, she beat the crap out of Ronda because Ronda played into her strengths but sadly I think she started MMA too late in life or was just wasn't able to adapt and she pretty much stayed one-dimensional. That being said, she's still my girl and I'd eat that ass any day :DD. All jokes aside, Cyborg is beatable by any girl that's roughly the same size and can actually fight MMA style, as long as people are not scared of her and come there to fight.

Cyborgs one of the few fighters that stands up for her self and the sport. Also shes an independent contractor, so I dont see any problems with her trying to push the UFC to treat her division like they do any other. UFC is promising what ever just to make deals and refers back to contracts when they get called out.

Wasn’t she saying she wants to go to Bellator the other day?
Now she wants the ufc to invest in a division that she wants to leave?

Cyborg is one of the few fighters that shouldn't do any PR, she's constantly shooting herself in the foot.

Back