Cyborg: 'I saw Ronda shadowboxing at the beach. Her shadow won'

Well when you insinuate that she has no room to talk about Ronda, it is kind of insinuating she is no better than Ronda, which she is, by miles.

Cyborg is rough around the edges but she does have good striking technique. Bethe Correa is a better example of a brawler.

Bethe has better technique than Ronda.

She would maul Ronda with power, size and strength.

That's a cool thing now? It's funny, cuz what I usually hear at Sherdog, being the clearly bigger fighter (as in a division bigger) and beating smaller guys/girls isn't cool. And when you've been caught for juicing it DEFINITELY isn't cool.

But you seem to think so. Why is that?

Decent burn.

She need some milkk!

Based on how Holm manhandled Ronda.

Ronda did not have the strength to deal with Holm and toss her around like she has other fighters.

Cyborg is the same height as Holly is, but she's stronger. Granted she doesn't have Holly's striking ability, but she wouldn't need it. She would maul Ronda with power, size and strength.

If Holm can stuff Ronda's power and judo, definitely Cyborg can.

I hope Ronda takes the fight. I do. But she won't. She'll stay safe and fight Cupcake and other smaller girls. And she'll keep ducking Cyborg, as she should.

borg gets the fight if she makes weight. she never fuckin tried. now is her first attempt at 140. she never tried before. the opportunity was in front of her face all along.

and holm and borg fight absolutely nothing alike. nothing.

That's a cool thing now? It's funny, cuz what I usually hear at Sherdog, being the clearly bigger fighter (as in a division bigger) and beating smaller guys/girls isn't cool. And when you've been caught for juicing it DEFINITELY isn't cool.

Cyborg should be tested, for sure. Make sure she's clean. Did Anderson get to fight after he was busted for PED's? Yes he did.

Cyborg is 5' 8" and Ronda is 5' 7". This isn't a physical mismatch. Cyborg is one weight class above, I believe. Make it a catch weight and do it.

This happens all the time in boxing, and in MMA. Henderson went up to 205+ to fight Fedor and he won. This isn't like Fedor vs Hong Man Choi or something.

Tomorrow Amir Khan is fighting Canelo Alvarez. Khan is moving up in weight for the fight. Because he wants the fight.

Does Ronda want the fight with Cyborg?

No, she doesn't. I don't blame her, either. But let's call it what it is.

Edmond Parodyan disagrees.

Bonus:

giphy.gif

Cyborg should be tested, for sure. Make sure she's clean. Did Anderson get to fight after he was busted for PED's? Yes he did.

Cyborg is 5' 8" and Ronda is 5' 7". This isn't a physical mismatch. Cyborg is one weight class above, I believe. Make it a catch weight and do it.

This happens all the time in boxing, and in MMA. Henderson went up to 205+ to fight Fedor and he won. This isn't like Fedor vs Hong Man Choi or something.

Tomorrow Amir Khan is fighting Canelo Alvarez. Khan is moving up in weight for the fight. Because he wants the fight.

Does Ronda want the fight with Cyborg?

No, she doesn't. I don't blame her, either. But let's call it what it is.

Both Cyborg and Rousey should be aiming at the title holder Tate, not goofing around fighting each other. Rousey just lost her last fight, and Cyborg's the 145 champ, for both of them fighting each other is a step backwards.

The problem with PED's is that the benefits can last years, even decades (for instance see: http://sciencenordic.com/steroid-effects-can-last-decades) That's not just with Cyborg, its true in general, which is why many sports have a four year or longer ban after testing positive. Being clean now doesn't mean much, as everyone knowledgeable about steroid usage will tell you. Having said that, if the rules say a one year ban, then that's what it is. But why would the 145 champ go after someone who is only ranked 3rd at 135? And why would someone who's ranked 3rd at 135 not concentrate on becoming number one?

Cyborg/Rousey became meaningless when Rousey was badly beaten by Holm. People are pushing Rousey-Cyborg as if Rousey was still the fighter to beat at 135, but she lost horribly to Holm, beaten every step of the way - she's a non-factor at 135 right now. It'll only become meaningful if Rousey becomes champ, or Cyborg becomes 135 champ. Until then its a nothing fight.

Both Cyborg and Rousey should be aiming at the title holder Tate, not goofing around fighting each other. Rousey just lost her last fight, and Cyborg's the 145 champ, for both of them fighting each other is a step backwards.

The problem with PED's is that the benefits can last years, even decades (for instance see: http://sciencenordic.com/steroid-effects-can-last-decades) That's not just with Cyborg, its true in general, which is why many sports have a four year or longer ban after testing positive. Being clean now doesn't mean much, as everyone knowledgeable about steroid usage will tell you. Having said that, if the rules say a one year ban, then that's what it is. But why would the 145 champ go after someone who is only ranked 3rd at 135? And why would someone who's ranked 3rd at 135 not concentrate on becoming number one?

Cyborg/Rousey became meaningless when Rousey was badly beaten (it wasn't even close) by Holm.

Good post, and I agree on both main points.

- PED's can benefit a fighter for years
- Cyborg/Rousey is currently not a meaningful fight. Nor is Holm/Cyborg, for that matter

I'm just giving a general opinion on how I think Cyborg/Rousey would play out. Would I like to see it? Sure. Will I see it? No, and it wouldn't make a lot of sense now for UFC to risk Ronda by making it.

I respect Ronda even though she's not my favorite fighter in the world. She's a helluva fighter. I just don't think she matches up well with Cyborg.

I don't know, Fedor (Russian national judo team for years) actually seemed to get better after being punched in the face the first time (back in 2000).

Rousey on the other hand never learned to strike.

It takes time. Fedor was actually training martial arts, Sambo in particular since he was 8. Sambo has a lot striking. RR was purely Judo and then only spent a few years on striking. It is understandable.

The fact she was dominant for so long just goes to show how low-level competition WMMA is.

Stop trying refute her excitement in Miesha's win. Even Rogan laughed about it and he's almost as big of a fanboy as you lol Don't get upset it's all in good fun. I hope she gets a shot at redemption with Holly but I fear she'll retire before that becomes a viable option. However, with her movie roles getting minimized, she may need to fight longer.
Once again, just because she said she'll get back to work =/= she wouldn't have said the same thing if Holly won. Just anti-Ronda spin with nothing to back it up except wishful thinking that it was "excitement". So now you give a sh1t what Rogan says? I sure don't.

Once again, just because she said she'll get back to work =/= she wouldn't have said the same thing if Holly won. Just anti-Ronda spin with nothing to back it up except wishful thinking that it was "excitement". So now you give a sh1t what Rogan says? I sure don't.
it happened. Accept and rebuild, my son.

Says the juiced up brawler with zero technique

Good call cuz no one in the UFC ever gets busted for juice.

Also, that's what we loved about Wanderlei in Pride!!!

kneerampageoutofropes.gif

Cyborg/Rousey became meaningless when Rousey was badly beaten by Holm. People are pushing Rousey-Cyborg as if Rousey was still the fighter to beat at 135, but she lost horribly to Holm, beaten every step of the way - she's a non-factor at 135 right now. It'll only become meaningful if Rousey becomes champ, or Cyborg becomes 135 champ. Until then its a nothing fight.
Because it's the biggest fight you can make in wmma. Always has been since Carrano/Cyborg and still is. It pits the two most bad ass super villains of the wmma world against each other. It could still be hyped beyond reason.

Because he was never one of those people that thought those things you mentioned.

Just because you heard the opposing viewpoint on Sherdog, doesn't mean the poster is Sherdog.

The problem with Cyborg/Rousey is when they were talking about this fight happening in SF, Cyborg got popped for roids (not to beat a dead horse). Now, we don't know 100 percent if she is clean or not but what we do know is after she failed the test, she either hasn't lost any muscle mass or has actually gotten bigger.

I think by forcing Cyborg to come to 135 to get this fight and making her go through the random testing regime that happens through camp (the name escapes me), Ronda can be assured Cyborg is truly clean.

EDIT: Here's the thread that details the shenanigans that have surrounded this fight http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...cyborg-is-the-one-who-has-ducked-ran.2951577/

Last edited:
As for a potential fight with Ronda Rousey, "Cyborg" still believes the former UFC champion is running away from her.

"Ronda always runs away from me. I saw her shadowboxing at the beach and her shadow won."

did this for the ms paint thread. wanted to share here too

QFGHFCN.gif

Back