Cyborg gets a lot of s---, but...

It's almost like they're perceiving some difference between a man using steroids to beat up other men and a woman using enough steroids to turn herself into a man in order to beat up women.

I don't know why. Everyone should be treated and viewed equally, regardless of sex. We should enjoy watching natural, feminine women get beaten down by physically-altered, masculine women just as much as any other sort of fight.

It's really strange that so many of us still have an aversion to such a thing in this day and age.

It's ok my delicate friend. I hear tennis is a real fun sport to watch. I wish you well and stay safe.

Cyborg probably isn't a bad person, the hate is largely due to being overrated for can crushing. Yes she has some good wins and her resume is probably top 5 in WMMA but people act like she is a clear #1 due to performances against opponents who had no business fighting her.

Of course Cyborg gets hate. The internet is full of insecure men whose dick's shrink when a female does anything remotely athletic. They need to portray her as a nasty, mean, cheating woman to feel masculine. In real life she seems to be a role model for young women and charitable towards her community. Some people just don't like her style, which is fine, but there are plenty other men who feel threatened by her IMO
Your theory might be correct if those same 'woman haters' actually disliked all the other non juicing females.
You're going way off topic because no one is discrediting any of the womens champs who are doing really well.

Your theory might be correct if those same 'woman haters' actually disliked all the other non juicing females.
You're going way off topic because no one is discrediting any of the womens champs who are doing really well.
Yea I was being a bit extreme, but if I may use your logic... Your theory might be correct if Cyborg has tested positive for anything more than Stanozolol. It seems like you are going way off topic by making steroid accusations that cannot be proven. Believe me I have my suspicions that Cyborg is clean, but my point was that she doesn't seem to get credit for being a good person because people perceive her as a steroid abuser and she doesn't have much competition at 145. I think she is a beast and she gives back to her community. There are only 2 other women's champs anyway (until Valentina wins 125)

Yea I was being a bit extreme, but if I may use your logic... Your theory might be correct if Cyborg has tested positive for anything more than Stanozolol. It seems like you are going way off topic by making steroid accusations that cannot be proven. Believe me I have my suspicions that Cyborg is clean, but my point was that she doesn't seem to get credit for being a good person because people perceive her as a steroid abuser and she doesn't have much competition at 145.
Ok. Not sure if you seen my first but i agree she probably is a nice person. I haven't seen her talkin shit and carrying on about dominating the sport so she must be very humble.
I just think that any performance enhancing drug cheat should be rubbed from the sport, 1 strike you're out. Maybe even a promotion that they can all fight each other??
You cannot have a fair competition if cheaters are allowed to prosper

Ok. Not sure if you seen my first but i agree she probably is a nice person. I haven't seen her talkin shit and carrying on about dominating the sport so she must be very humble.
I just think that any performance enhancing drug cheat should be rubbed from the sport, 1 strike you're out. Maybe even a promotion that they can all fight each other??
You cannot have a fair competition if cheaters are allowed to prosper
I can't hate on that at all. I'm probably just naive and like to give second chances. Feel free to call me an idiot for having that opinion haha. Cyborg's failed test was pre-USADA, right? I think it's cool that after her failed test she has been clean the last couple years when so many others have popped. She even gets a free t-shirt!

I can't hate on that at all. I'm probably just naive and like to give second chances. Feel free to call me an idiot for having that opinion haha. Cyborg's failed test was pre-USADA, right? I think it's cool that after her failed test she has been clean the last couple years when so many others have popped. She even gets a free t-shirt!
Na your not an idiot man. We just didnt see eye to eye on a topic

She abused steroids beyond belief. She probably is a nice person but you can't expect ppl to love her when she is a clear cut cheat.
If every other chick in wmma was juicing then maybe it isnt such an issue. The girls she fights are severely disadvantaged by her previous cheating

How did Ronda and Holly do post USADA?

How did Ronda and Holly do post USADA?
Post usada they never tested positive while still competing. Never tested positive before either. ronda competed in the Olympics and was probably tested to a high standard and holly was a pro boxer who probably had numerous negative tests ... whats your point

Well then by your theory he has only ever taken estrogen blockers

Oh, you are going to tell me I have a big theory? Sweet.

We can say that if neither of them have been busted for anything more than what the record shows. Beyond that, please feel free to speculate all you like.

There is a difference in the uses of the substances they were popped for, that we also know.

That is what I am saying, what is known. I asked if she popped for anything else and you threw Brock at me so I will take it the answer is no then.

The funny thing is there's so many here that critical of her cheating years ago using steroids for massive advantages, then will turn around and say "everyone's on steroids" in a male oriented thread, like as if Cyborg is/was the only woman who ever had access to steroids.

I would imagine that people who get busted once likely get the shit tested out of them, at least you would think so.

The funny thing is there's so many here that critical of her cheating years ago using steroids for massive advantages, then will turn around and say "everyone's on steroids" in a male oriented thread, like as if Cyborg is/was the only woman who ever had access to steroids.
Everyone acts as if they have inside knowledge, when in fact most steroid accusations are made based on a fighters physique. Cyborg is crazy shredded so 50% of Sherdog thinks that is proof she takes PED's, because women only exist to be ogled, make babies and sandwiches... If you pay attention to other sports you know that physique isn't proof of cheating. Shit, if Bartolo Colon can test positive for steroid at a blubbery 300lbs then I'm totally comfortable in admitting that I can't tell who is cheating just by looking at them. I personally think that many fighters who haven't been caught are users... and that some people who have been caught haven't been guilty. I hate this damn topic lol.

I would imagine that people who get busted once likely get the shit tested out of them, at least you would think so.
I believe you are correct. I know that in the NFL, if you fail a drug test (for anything) you are put on a type of watch list and get tested more often for the next 2 years (maybe it's just a single year - not sure). It only makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back