Cyborg cleared in doping violation.

Good point.

Worth noting though, rate of positive may not indicate rate of use.

You need to allow for half life's.......

Ask a physician who is familiar with the drug to see if it works well as a diuretic. Or you can search for a more technical post recently about the drug.

Ask a physician who is familiar with the drug to see if it works well as a diuretic. Or you can search for a more technical post recently about the drug.

i wasnt arguing its efficiency as a diuretic.

what i was saying is rate of detection/positives is not an accurate gauge of rate of use due to factors such as half life, ease of detection etc

by the same logic, only 1% of athletes are caught doping.

That does not mean only 1% of athletes are doping.

i wasnt arguing its efficiency as a diuretic.
what i was saying is rate of detection/positives is not an accurate gauge of rate of use due to factors such as half life, ease of detection etc
by the same logic, only 1% of athletes are caught doping.
That does not mean only 1% of athletes are doping.

Since it doesn't make sense to abuse spiro as a PED, it probably explains the low detection rates and makes your point moot.
Spiro and furosemide have similar half-lives of about 2hours. But spiro's metabolite canrenone has a longer half-live of 1 day.

Unless USADA are going to clear it for the PED use in Strikeforce then It's still a cheating cunt

If anyone deserved a retroactive exemption it was Cro cop. The man injured his shoulder, pulled out of the fight, even went as far as retiring due to it, and just because his doctors used small amount of HGH in his treatment, small enough that it didn't even come up on the test, usada burned him on the stake.

Nevertheless I'm going to find it extra amusing now when pride haters start talking about how dirty and corrupt pride was compared to UFC...lolusada

How/why would you get an IV TUE tho? Like what excuse could you use?
You're severely dehydrated, and can't keep down anything. And a doctor agrees. It's probably the easiest thing to get a TUE for, though that doesn't mean it's automatic. McCall was puking and hadn't rehydrated after his cut. The UFC has been more pro-active about monitoring weight cuts, and noticed. They pulled him from the fight and stuffed him full of saline.

The IV ban isn't in place because a saline IV is going to help you in any way. It's in place because IVs could be used to alter your blood values or your urine's specific gravity in a relatively short period of time, allowing you to engage in blood doping or mask other kinds of drugs. It is not meant to prevent people from getting medical care that they need - which is why you don't even need to get a TUE if you go to the ER and they give you one.

You're severely dehydrated, and can't keep down anything. And a doctor agrees. It's probably the easiest thing to get a TUE for, though that doesn't mean it's automatic. McCall was puking and hadn't rehydrated after his cut. The UFC has been more pro-active about monitoring weight cuts, and noticed. They pulled him from the fight and stuffed him full of saline.

The IV ban isn't in place because a saline IV is going to help you in any way. It's in place because IVs could be used to alter your blood values or your urine's specific gravity in a relatively short period of time, allowing you to engage in blood doping or mask other kinds of drugs. It is not meant to prevent people from getting medical care that they need - which is why you don't even need to get a TUE if you go to the ER and they give you one.

OK makes sense. I personally think the IV ban effects people after weight cuts a lot, and shouldn't be banned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back