Cyborg cleared in doping violation.

Still guilty in my eyes and it's only a matter of time before she gets popped again. This was her 1st out of competition test and she failed.

She continues to pass USADA testing all year around and people in this thread are still claiming she's doing PEDS. It's hilarious how much hate clouds your judgement. As long as she doesn't piss hot, she's abiding by the rules just like every other fighter. It's good enough for me.

This was her first out of competition test

Still guilty in my eyes and it's only a matter of time before she gets popped again. This was her 1st out of competition test and she failed.
The fact that she got off instead of getting buried for a 2nd violation and Brock didn't is quite telling. She had a legitimate use exemption. And the substance in question works poorly as a masking agent anyway.

lol what a joke. Retroactive TUEs are bullshit.

The fact that she got off instead of getting buried for a 2nd violation and Brock didn't is quite telling. She had a legitimate use TUE for a substance which works poorly as a masking agent.

Look at her face. Listen to her baritone voice. Where there's smoke, there's fire. She got off on a technicality, which basically amounted to an after-the-fact doctor's note. She's a disgusting human being.

why would you say that? did you even read the details regarding the decision? It is on MMAFighting's webiste.

USADA interviewed Cyborg and her doctor, and confirmed there was a legitimate medical condition, that options involving non-banned substances were explored first, and that a sufficiently low dosage was used that was both consistent with treatment the condition and below what would be used in performance enhancing situations.

so we can certainly criticize Cyborg for failing to apply for the TUE in advance, but perhaps everyone can at least STFU with claims she was 'cheating'.

If this is all true than props to Cyborg for coming out the other end with no suspension. She still should have had the TUE and that part is sketchy, but that being said if levels were withint the medical range then give'r.

Proof?

She entered the USADA testing pool in 2015 and was randomly tested.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/3...-140-pound-fight-in-november-ronda-rousey-ufc

"Cyborg randomly drug tested ahead of 140-pound fight in November"

Random is not out of competition

Im gonna list it so people dont have to ask

Fight night v Lansberg - 1 sample
20/9 (Approx) 1 week before Lansberg Fight - 1 sample
1/9 3 weeks before Lansberg fight - 2 samples

fight night v Smith - 1 sample
4/5 2 weeks before Smith fight - 2 samples
13/4 4 weeks before smith fight - 2 samples

2015 - 3 samples

shes not been tested what you would call real out of compettiion yet, all her testing has been once fight camp started, 3-4 weeks in advance of the fight

based on her previous testing, if she says fight in March, its fair to assume that she wont be expected to be tested before the end of January

Last edited:
This is justice in the sense that it maintains a thin veneer of order while ensuring that anyone who can afford a good lawyer gets off easy.

Look at her face. Listen to her baritone voice. Where there's smoke, there's fire. She got off on a technicality, which basically amounted to an after-the-fact doctor's note. She's a disgusting human being.

What exactly was the "technicality" that got her off? She got an unequivocal ok. Unless you know some details about the "technicality", it would be unwise to say that she got off lightly.
Lesnar who is an American and never tested positive before got sanctioned which is something I would have expected to happen to Cyborg who tested positive before and I'll bet they would drop the hammer on her given half the chance.

Except that is cheating.. please re-evaluate your logic.

I think we are able to differentiate between the severity of taking a PED in preparation for a fight, and taking a doctor-supervised diuretic, in a dose too low to be a performance enhancer, for a legit medical condition.

Treating it as a black and white matter of either 'cheating' or 'not cheating', with no room for context, is very simplistic...fortunately, USADA agrees and thus granted the retroactive therapeutic use exemption.

Last edited:
GDR will destroy Cyborg unless it goes to the ground
You don't think Cyborg could get GDR down?
Proof?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/3...-140-pound-fight-in-november-ronda-rousey-ufc
For a specific definition of "out of competition". Meaning not the one that USADA uses. It was her first test when she wasn't booked for a fight, she'd been tested fairly heavily in the leadup to her fights.

Proof?

the 2015 tests were prior to them submitting whereabouts information, so they were not whereabouts based, but done when they knew where she would be, so press conferences, media events etc.. not much of a surprise

of her 2016 tests all were either in teh 3-4 weeks before a fight (so totally expected) or fight night, until she was tested in december

december was the first time she was "surprised" to be tested, didnt have fight scheduled, wasnt in camp etc.

I don't understand this post
Her doctors knew it was banned. They (by Cyborg's admission) were familiar with WADA style testing, and should know about TUEs. They chose not to apply for one until she got caught. Which is legal (bizarrely) in the UFC's TUE policy, but still crooked as hell.

If I'm in the test program, and I need urgent treatment... I'm getting that treatment, prohibited or otherwise. But I'm squaring it up with USADA as soon as I'm able to, not hoping it goes away by hiding it.

In the default policy from WADA covering TUEs, Cyborg would be screwed. The UFC's version is much more lenient.

Her doctors knew it was banned. They (by Cyborg's admission) were familiar with WADA style testing, and should know about TUEs. They chose not to apply for one until she got caught. Which is legal (bizarrely) in the UFC's TUE policy, but still crooked as hell.

If I'm in the test program, and I need urgent treatment... I'm getting that treatment, prohibited or otherwise. But I'm squaring it up with USADA as soon as I'm able to, not hoping it goes away by hiding it.

In the default policy from WADA covering TUEs, Cyborg would be screwed. The UFC's version is much more lenient.

That makes sense, but who knows why they didn't get in contact with usada, but mistakes do happen.

What exactly was the "technicality" that got her off? She got an unequivocal ok. Unless you know some details about the "technicality", it would be unwise to say that she got off lightly.
Lesnar who is an American and never tested positive before got sanctioned which is something I would have expected to happen to Cyborg who tested positive before and I'll bet they would drop the hammer on her given half the chance.

the technicality is her knowing she was taking a banned substance and only after she got caught months later did she come up with a reason for taking it. Only idiots believe she wasn't masking her steroid use. She had plenty of time to let USADA know what she was doing. USADA wants to let her off on a technicality and a late doctor's note.

the technicality is her knowing she was taking a banned substance and only after she got caught months later did she come up with a reason for taking it. Only idiots believe she wasn't masking her steroid use. She had plenty of time to let USADA know what she was doing. USADA wants to let her off on a technicality and a late doctor's note.
You still haven't given any details of how USADA came to their unequivocal conclusion when they would've hammered her. If USADA gave her a "doctor's note", they would've given both Jones/Lesnar the pass too.

Spiro isn't a good masking agent PED for 2 reasons, it works poorly to lose water weight and it binds to androgen receptors making the athlete weaker. But I guess facts don't matter to people like you.

Back