Cyborg all of a sudden seems fine with facing a 135lber...

She gets what she's been given.

She should really leave the UFC at the end of her contract they are not doing right by her at all.

I really thought the Holm fight was the beginning of Cyborg accepting fights vs legitimate competition. She ducked the living shit out of Nunes. Hopefully one day one of these no-namers gets the upset.

If Nunes fights Rocky in mid May. How the fuck is she going to fight Cyborg less than 2 months later ?

I’ve read a cpl articles. Not one of them mentioned a reason why Cyborg vs Nunes is not happening. Did either Cyborg, or Nunes refuse the fight at 222 ? It’d be nice to know the whole fuckin story here.

Of course TJ refused. Because, he’s a fuckin ...

200.gif

If Nunes fights Rocky in mid May. How the fuck is she going to fight Cyborg less than 2 months later ?

I’ve read a cpl articles. Not one of them mentioned a reason why Cyborg vs Nunes is not happening. Did either Cyborg, or Nunes refuse the fight at 222 ? It’d be nice to know the whole fuckin story here.

Of course TJ refused. Because, he’s a fuckin ...

200.gif

The official version is that Holloway dropped out of 222 and the UFC needed someone to save the card and they bumped Cyborg onto it. It's not a very good story. I think Nunes ducked.

Just remember TS: Cyborg makes more money in crushing a can in one fight than you can make in 5 years.

{<jimmies}

I really thought the Holm fight was the beginning of Cyborg accepting fights vs legitimate competition. She ducked the living shit out of Nunes. Hopefully one day one of these no-namers gets the upset.

The story is that the Nunes fight is still on. Cyborg is just taking this one for some easy money and the UFC having a title fight in the PPV.

I don't imagine Cybord ducking Nunes.

I have no love for Cyborg but I don't see an issue taking a late replacement fight to save a card and get paid while staying active

Not even a legit FW either it's yet another 'BantamWeight champion' in some other org that UFC is bringing in JUST for Cybore to crush - and probably won't ever fight in UFC again afterwards.

I really hope the UFC just closes the Womens FW division after Cybores contract runs out. What a fucking shitshow. It's not fun to watch, it's not a display of martial arts skill, it's an example of what happens when a roided cheat fights women half her size.

To all the detractors that liked to compare WMMA to dog fighting - while I don't agree with that comment regarding WMMA as a whole- this is the fighter you should be making an example out of to prove that point, cause in this context, I agree with that sentiment, hell this isn't even a dog fight, this is like throwing a newborn kitten to a trained pitbull and expecting it to be a competitive fight.

It would be one thing if there was a legit division and actual fighters but as of now it's not even enough to have a top 10 rankings list. This is why literally any can champion from any org can sign up to get crushed by Cyborg currently.

This is what's wrong - why book Cyborg going from her only real test ever in MMA against Holm to yet another unknown undersized Bantamweight? Also don't want to hear the crap that her opponent fought at FW before - not recently and no opponent has come right from a FW division it's always current Bantamweights that have to move up.

This fight literally does nothing for UFC, for WMMA or for the fans, it's just pure shit, and nobody wants to see it. Can she get more than 1 fight against someone who isn't just 'debuting' in the UFC? Cause every fight outside of Leslie Smith (BW) and Holm (BW) has been a debuting fighter from another organization, and hasn't even been a real FW shes fought nothing but Bantamweights, a few that put on weight to even make 145.

Hmm let me guess, Cyborg smashes the hell out of this chick, goes on to celebrate like she actually did something notable, then proceeds to duck any legit challenger afterwards while clutching firmly to Big Nog's book of excuses. Not gonna fight Anderson or Nunes? Or at least GDR?

Here's the thing - people were making a big deal about the mismatch between Shevchenko and Cachoeira, but does anyone expect this fight to go any differently in terms of dominance? Probably not right, it's going to be very one sided, not even a competitive contest, so why is this headlining over the biggest fight in mens FW - A legit division, that actually has more than 3 fighters, and possibly the fight of the night in Edgar/Ortega.

UFC should have left this fight off the card and let Edgar/Ortega headline,at least it's a fight that means something and is between 2 very skilled competitors both at the top of the division and rightfully so, having earned it by fighting other top competitors. neither one is a can crusher, so why then is a can crusher, one that has been a proven cheat in the past, being given more respect than athletes that have actually earned it?

If a decision win over Holm is so important BTW then I guess Valentina looks that much better since not only did she beat Holly by decision but actually had the fortitude to step up and fight Nunes TWICE. Funny that a 125'er isn't afraid of Nunes but a 145'er that struggles to even make that weight, is.

UFC want to legitimize WMMA? Start by getting rid of these shitshow fights and closing the FW division. Cyborg might be a big name but she is NOT a draw at all against cans.

What is all this talk about "save the card"?? How is she saving the card exactly - by fighting a nobody?? How very noble of her.
If you consider the card "saved" just because it now has Cyborg v Kunitskaya as the main event then you must be really easy to please.
Whether she truly is saving the card or not is irrelevant to the point you were attempting make about ducking Nunes and fighting smaller girls.
So apologize and eat crow!

The division is a complete shit show. At least when Ronda was ruling her division she was exciting. Cyborg has a lot of finishes, but isn't fun to watch. Her opponents never look like they're going to beat her, so it's all too predictable.

I can see this really bothers you.

Don't forget, the can they brought in for sacrifice recently got outmuscled and tapped by the fat soccer mom whom Cyborg already roid smashed.

The story is that the Nunes fight is still on. Cyborg is just taking this one for some easy money and the UFC having a title fight in the PPV.

I don't imagine Cybord ducking Nunes.
Well if this is the case I retract my comment.

Would have preferred UFC 222 to air on FS1 vs throwing another Cyborg squash in just to keep it on ppv.

Not even a legit FW either it's yet another 'BantamWeight champion' in some other org that UFC is bringing in JUST for Cybore to crush - and probably won't ever fight in UFC again afterwards.

I really hope the UFC just closes the Womens FW division after Cybores contract runs out. What a fucking shitshow. It's not fun to watch, it's not a display of martial arts skill, it's an example of what happens when a roided cheat fights women half her size.

To all the detractors that liked to compare WMMA to dog fighting - while I don't agree with that comment regarding WMMA as a whole- this is the fighter you should be making an example out of to prove that point, cause in this context, I agree with that sentiment, hell this isn't even a dog fight, this is like throwing a newborn kitten to a trained pitbull and expecting it to be a competitive fight.

It would be one thing if there was a legit division and actual fighters but as of now it's not even enough to have a top 10 rankings list. This is why literally any can champion from any org can sign up to get crushed by Cyborg currently.

This is what's wrong - why book Cyborg going from her only real test ever in MMA against Holm to yet another unknown undersized Bantamweight? Also don't want to hear the crap that her opponent fought at FW before - not recently and no opponent has come right from a FW division it's always current Bantamweights that have to move up.

This fight literally does nothing for UFC, for WMMA or for the fans, it's just pure shit, and nobody wants to see it. Can she get more than 1 fight against someone who isn't just 'debuting' in the UFC? Cause every fight outside of Leslie Smith (BW) and Holm (BW) has been a debuting fighter from another organization, and hasn't even been a real FW shes fought nothing but Bantamweights, a few that put on weight to even make 145.

Hmm let me guess, Cyborg smashes the hell out of this chick, goes on to celebrate like she actually did something notable, then proceeds to duck any legit challenger afterwards while clutching firmly to Big Nog's book of excuses. Not gonna fight Anderson or Nunes? Or at least GDR?

Here's the thing - people were making a big deal about the mismatch between Shevchenko and Cachoeira, but does anyone expect this fight to go any differently in terms of dominance? Probably not right, it's going to be very one sided, not even a competitive contest, so why is this headlining over the biggest fight in mens FW - A legit division, that actually has more than 3 fighters, and possibly the fight of the night in Edgar/Ortega.

UFC should have left this fight off the card and let Edgar/Ortega headline,at least it's a fight that means something and is between 2 very skilled competitors both at the top of the division and rightfully so, having earned it by fighting other top competitors. neither one is a can crusher, so why then is a can crusher, one that has been a proven cheat in the past, being given more respect than athletes that have actually earned it?

If a decision win over Holm is so important BTW then I guess Valentina looks that much better since not only did she beat Holly by decision but actually had the fortitude to step up and fight Nunes TWICE. Funny that a 125'er isn't afraid of Nunes but a 145'er that struggles to even make that weight, is.

UFC want to legitimize WMMA? Start by getting rid of these shitshow fights and closing the FW division. Cyborg might be a big name but she is NOT a draw at all against cans.

You can live in fantasy land in your head all you want, but fighters can only fight people willing to fight them. GDR stripped herself of the belt because she wasnt willing to fight Cyborg. Shestinko also fights who they put in front of her to fight.

P.S. Cyborg fought Carano before the UFC had WMMA. Most of the top tier WMMA fighters (like Ronda/Meisha) were ducking Cyborg......how is that her fault?

Don't forget, the can they brought in for sacrifice recently got outmuscled and tapped by the fat soccer mom whom Cyborg already roid smashed.

Cool story bro....

Do you feel better now?

The division is a complete shit show. At least when Ronda was ruling her division she was exciting. Cyborg has a lot of finishes, but isn't fun to watch. Her opponents never look like they're going to beat her, so it's all too predictable.

Wrong......everyone predicted Holly would beat her......

Back