Cutting weight is for pussies?

Zodd

We gotta hit first...
Banned
Reaction score

I dont want to steal this persons post, but I agree with him/her to some extent. I was just curious as to what most people’s thoughts on this matter are. Yes, because most people do it; it essentially levels the field; but it still doesnt take away from the original statement that 1, not everyone does it; and 2, the original goal is always trying to fight someone smaller/weaker than you in some aspect so you have an advantage over that individual.

I dont want to steal this persons post, but I agree with him/her to some extent. I was just curious as to what most people’s thoughts on this matter are. Yes, because most people do it; it essentially levels the field; but it still doesnt take away from the original statement that 1, not everyone does it; and 2, the original goal is always trying to fight someone smaller/weaker than you in some aspect so you have an advantage over that individual.

I just figured anyone who doesn't cut is very confident in themselves.
<Fedor23>

Edit:also don't some guys not fit into any weight classes naturally?

Pussyholes they are indeed!

Except fedor and dan henderson who couldnt give a fuck

I respect the ones that dont cut weight like a Frankie but they are a dying breed, fighters will get any advantage they can, but of course you are also a bit encouraged to do so because everyone else cuts weight so you would fight in your natural division while fighting guys that should be 1 or 2 divisions above. Seems like in every division fighter get taller and bigger in the average.

Rocky balboa once thought it was wrong to cut weight.

But then he did! And went to Thailand to compete in kickboxing to avenge his brother.

And then took on a violent Jamaican gang that was dealing drugs in the neighbourhood he grew up in.

So cutting weight is good.

Don't remember the exact quote but Sexy once said if you cut more than 15 pounds you're a pussy. Then again a year or 2 later he dropped down so he didn't exactly live up to his word. <Fedor23>

Don't remember the exact quote but Sexy once said if you cut more than 15 pounds you're a pussy. Then again a year or 2 later he dropped down so he didn't exactly live up to his word. <Fedor23>
Don’t disrespect the sex

E31E806A-1348-48A7-9125-3006B15FBFF2.jpeg

Cutting weight is bad for the sport.

I absolutely want weight cutting to stop.

No. It's just another aspect of the game. Just like learning defense doesn't mean you're a pussy.

I can understand weighing 182 normally and cutting to 170 pounds. That's fine to me.

But with the number of guys that are walking around 2 weight classes above what they did is ridiculous to me. We have FWs that weigh more than 180 pounds FFS. (Holloway, Oretega and Stephens.)

Please someone force hydration monitoring.

Yes, it's for pussies. That shouldn't even be contested.

The UFC needs to start weighing guys the night of the fight, that way if they aren't entering that goddamn cage at whatever weight division the fight is meant to be at, the fight is off.

That's why he's the Goat. Roided Prime BF had at least 50 pounds on Fedor and smashed him from top mount while GSP ducked Anderson and Anderson ducked Jones citing too much weight difference (15 pounds lol). Fedors Goat, ain't scared of shit.
20 pounds

No. It's just another aspect of the game. Just like learning defense doesn't mean you're a pussy.
When you're cutting so much weight that you're no longer in opitmal fight shape it's ridiculous.

We've got LWs that rehydrate to 185 pounds FFS.

Is this what feminists take from following the sport? They are concerned about weight cutting?

Fighting professionally and fighting in a school yard are 2 different things.

When you're cutting so much weight that you're no longer in opitmal fight shape it's ridiculous.

We've got LWs that rehydrate to 185 pounds FFS.
um okay. I agree that its ridiculous, doesn't mean that it's for pussies.

It is dumb and hurts the sport. Instead of having fighters that are in peak condition, you are having fighters that are in recovery mode from make a big weight cut.

Back