Cutting the Cord......Youtube TV, Sling TV, Playstation Vue, or....

I'm in a position where everyone shares in my family. I share my hulu and amazon prime account and i get netflix from my parents and hbo go from my brother. No cable whatsoever. Also get foxsports go from my dad.

We make pretty good money and have almost no debt and it still pisses me off to give spectrum almost 200 a month. It’s total assrape.

Meh...I may have posted this before, but my wife and I, my dad, our friends here in Del and some college friends from New England all have separate logins for HBO Go, Hulu+, Netflix and Amazon Prime between us. We just trade logins among our group so no one's paying for more than any one thing but we all benefit

Just cut the cord last month and I feel great about it - LOL.
Wanted to go with YoutubeTV but not all of my devices are compatible.
Went with Sling which so far is working perfect. I even get more sports channels than I had with cable.
The Firestick gives me access to ALL the movies and TV shows that I could ever want to watch.
Sling+Netflix+Firestick = Fuck Cable.

Jesus you sound poor.

I pay $230 a month for xfinity. This is the phone, tv, internet package and it’s boss as fuck. Please tell me how you don’t pay for ‘X’, or get ‘X’ for cheaper, and I’ll remind you how poor you are. @Revolver will tell you how fuckin poor you are.

I am paying the same price for the same thing. I really don't need home phone, and paying for 250 channels (probably 220 that I don't watch ) pisses me off. Cable (Xfinity) needs to wisen up and offer a la carte options.

All I need is local stations, local sports, FS1, Bravo (wifey), MSNBC, Netflix, Amazon, and maybe a few other stations.

Just cut the cord last month and I feel great about it - LOL.
Wanted to go with YoutubeTV but not all of my devices are compatible.
Went with Sling which so far is working perfect. I even get more sports channels than I had with cable.
The Firestick gives me access to ALL the movies and TV shows that I could ever want to watch.
Sling+Netflix+Firestick = Fuck Cable.

So, out the door, included internet service, how much is it per month?

Seems like you are defeating the purpose of cutting the cord.

$40 for Youtube ??

Cable / Sat companies are required by law to have a basic $25 package. I bet it's better then the $40 you are going to pay for youtube. Plus Youtube has so many free series and movies already posted on it .. why would you pay $40 for anything extra ?

I cut the cord about 2 years ago ... I only pay for Netflix.

If you don't want to use Kodi or other options like it ...

Netflix + Crackle + Youtube + free Hulu ( if it's available ) and any other legit free streaming will provide plenty of content and only run you what ever it cost for your Netflix. No point in cutting the cord if your going to spend $50 - $60 + on other forms of *television.

I am paying the same price for the same thing. I really don't need home phone, and paying for 250 channels (probably 220 that I don't watch ) pisses me off. Cable (Xfinity) needs to wisen up and offer a la carte options.

All I need is local stations, local sports, FS1, Bravo (wifey), MSNBC, Netflix, Amazon, and maybe a few other stations.

You should be getting Netflix for free now with your cable.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/comcast-to-include-netflix-in-cable-bundles.html

The family and I tried PlayStation Vue for their free trial week they offer. We were leaving Dish Network and wanted to try it out. While the service was good, the savings just were not there.

I’m a sports fan so with the Vue I was severely limited on what I could watch. They did not offer Fox at the time (not sure if they do now.)

We ended up going with xfinity for cable and internet and have not regretted the decision. It is only $10 more a month than the Vue + Internet.

I have ps vue and it's fine for what it is - I live near one of the areas where I get local news channels as well.

The DVR works fine, definitely works better on amazon fire than the Roku, though. Roku is trash.

Best thing is that there is no contract so just stop paying and switch if something else better comes along, which is great.. I mostly only went with PS Vue because I have a playstation and can watch from it without another device (which I eventually got anyways for other TVs in my house).

I've been using DirecTV now for the last 8 months or so. Being an at&t customer got me a pretty good discount and free hbo for life but it has been lacking a much needed update and has been pretty glitchy lately. I expected more from a company their size

You guys are sleeping look for IPTV services that carry all the channels live sports including UFC ppvs for less than $20 a month. Checkout IPTV reviews on Reddit.

Can you give us cliff notes of what IPTV is? Will check out reddit when I get a chance.

Shit, just the internet to stream is $70/ month

Find out which one of your neighbors is an older person who's not good with computers. Then make a deal with them that you'll come over and do tech support whenever they need help, and in exchange, you get to join their wifi network. Win win

I wish I could get the NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to DirecTv

Can you give us cliff notes of what IPTV is? Will check out reddit when I get a chance.

IPTV stands for internet protocol television and is different than OTT over the top services like PS Vue, Sling and Direct now. IPTV services vary greatly and can be used on Smart TVs, Firestick, generic Android boxes, Browsers etc. They offer services with all major channels sports channels and ppvs for a cheap monthly price. I'm a cordcutter so using an IPTV service along with my OTA antenna with Netflix, Amazon, Kodi, and Terrarium I got the best deal going on. These services need a little bit of setup and some people will say it's a grey area but it fits my needs. Look up Smoothstreams, Flawless and Vader Streams for some IPTV services.

we split youtube with 6 people.... so its about 80 a year for me. I have hulu and gave it to my friend and he game me his hbo.. also have my parents netflix.

I wish I could get the NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to DirecTv

Yup, I hate directv and will never use them again, but I do miss the red zone channel. I have PS Vue right now just for NFL season. If it weren't for sports I'd probably just get by with netflix.

Netflix really dropped the ball IMO. They had a stranglehold on the streaming market. All they had to do was figure out how to add news and sports and nobody could've touched them. But now they face serious competition from all these other streaming services and they're STILL not chasing after news and sports.

If Netflix came out with an NFL membership I'd gladly pay whatever for it.

Hell, if they just had netflix and red zone channel, I'd pay 50 per month just for those 2 things.

bump

im thinking of all the options settling down to DirectTV Now, anyone have experience with it?

or maybe new input for getting rid of cable?

Back