Cus did not believe Tyson could beat Foreman

I don't think Foreman could use the same strategy as against Ali... Tyson would outbox him easily, and Foreman wouldn't keep up. Foreman would need to establish his jab and slowly break Tyson down. Tyson would need to get past the jab it in order to land shots at all. Or else it would look like Lewis-Tua

I agree with Cus.

People need to acknowledge Tyson's weaknesses and stop always focusing on those good match ups for him where he blitzes people.

Not only can Foreman lean back away from Tyson's short attacks, he's also got that Saddler style where he puts his hands out on your head or shoulders stopping your body from propelling forward, that could be like Kryptonite for Tyson the same way it did for Frazier.

Mike has to get passed Foremans swings, those out held hands and the reach.

I don't like this fight for Tyson especially if he doesn't catch Foreman with a beauty or it goes passed round 4.

George Foreman didn't either.

That's right. But Tyson is not a Lennox Lewis that Foreman could hypotethically put away with one shot. You have to really earn it if you beat Tyson in his prime. People had trouble winning rounds against him even when he was inexperienced pro.

That's right. But Tyson is not a Lennox Lewis you put away with one shot. You have to really earn it if you beat him in his prime. People had trouble winning rounds even when he was inexperienced.

But that's the thing about Tyson. People consider his prime to be that era when he was inexperienced. By the time he experienced, he had gotten knocked out by Douglas and went to jail.

So I'm guessing his prime is a few fights before the Douglas fight. At that point, I think a bigger, stronger, tough as nails guy like Foreman would cause tons of issues for Tyson. They were both mean as hell, so it's not like I'm saying Tyson has no chance. I just think I'd favor young George.

But that's the thing about Tyson. People consider his prime to be that era when he was inexperienced. By the time he experienced, he had gotten knocked out by Douglas and went to jail.

So I'm guessing his prime is a few fights before the Douglas fight. At that point, I think a bigger, stronger, tough as nails guy like Foreman would cause tons of issues for Tyson. They were both mean as hell, so it's not like I'm saying Tyson has no chance. I just think I'd favor young George.

Well I think Tyson was physically in his prime inexperienced as well. If you compare early Rooney Tyson with the Rooney Tyson that slaughtered Spinks, it's the same fighter technically. Only differences are ring IQ, confidence, etc And those things could matter against big George.

Did Tyson fight like the version of himself that got him to that point against Buster, or did he headhunt lazily like he partied all night before and thought he was godgifted with "bail me outta trouble no matter how undisciplined I am" type of power? I'm pretty sure he was a lost potential already at that point, no mental durability to stay on top and snakes in his corner.

Peak Foreman would've beat the living crap out of Ali under modern rules anyway. those stretchy ropes plus holding the ropes to move his upper body gave Ali that fight. I think peak Tyson beats Ali, but not Foreman.

Peak Foreman would've beat the living crap out of Ali under modern rules anyway. those stretchy ropes plus holding the ropes to move his upper body gave Ali that fight. I think peak Tyson beats Ali, but not Foreman.

No man. Foreman got outboxed no matter where he stood. He should have learned from the Liston fight that you just can't take out Ali. But he didn't.

Back