Curtis Blaydes will break the UFC record for most title defenses at HW

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't see anyone beating this guy in the near future.

Stipe is the only guy that could be competitive with him after DC retires.

Blaydes would run through guys like Derrick Lewis and Volkov with one arm tied around his back

His striking is getting better by the day (especially now that he's training full-time with Overeem), so combine that with the best wrestling in the division + heavy G&P and you've got all the skills to be a dominant champ.

Plus he has the the physical tools that you can't teach: huge frame, explosiveness + cardio, and a granite chin.

He will absolutely maul Ngannou in their rematch and go down as one of, if not the best HW ever.

He's quite close to the record atm with his 0 defences.

BeneficialDopeyKrill-size_restricted.gif

Ngannou is a very dangerous fight for him honestly. Put Francis in a corner and he might just become very dangerous. If he can beat Francis then I agree its conceivable he can put a title reign together.

You probably should have waited to start this thread until after Curtis had at least one title defense.

Blaydes has very good wrestling, a matchup with him against Cormier would be interesting. His striking wasn't so good, but lately he has improved it.

I was there live for Blaydes vs Ngannou 1, was rooting for Ngannou because I'm a bit of a cuck I guess... but anyway, I remember feeling dread while Blaydes was wall 'n' stalling him, was sure Ngannou was on his way to loose a decision, especially as he was tiring in the 2nd... and then that weird doctah stoppage saved him imo.

I feel Blaydes wins the rematch and poses a serious threat to top 5 HW.

Awesome walkin music too, really energized the whole arena.

That was my thinking when I he signed up :D
Then Ngannou brought me back to the reality that patience is a virtue.

Its easy to see that Blaydes may be the future of HW. He's big, meaning a natural HW, he's young at 27, he hits hard 10-1 with 8 KO's, and he can wrestle as well or better than anyone at HW. I don't know if he breaks the record but he's a great prospect in a division that contains a lot of aging talent.

Its easy to see that Blaydes may be the future of HW. He's big, meaning a natural HW, he's young at 27, he hits hard 10-1 with 8 KO's, and he can wrestle as well or better than anyone at HW. I don't know if he breaks the record but he's a great prospect in a division that contains a lot of aging talent.
Well put. He has loads of upside. Let’s wait and see.

Blaydes would run through guys like Derrick Lewis and Volkov with one arm tied around his back

His striking is getting better by the day (especially now that he's training full-time with Overeem), so combine that with the best wrestling in the division + heavy G&P and you've got all the skills to be a dominant champ.

Plus he has the the physical tools that you can't teach: huge frame, explosiveness + cardio, and a granite chin.

He will absolutely maul Ngannou in their rematch and go down as one of, if not the best HW ever.

In my opinion he has to improve his striking a lot first but I believe he is on his way. The fight with Ngannou will show.

pffft.... Ngannou has Blade number he closed his whole eye like a artist was working on the other eye but the ref showed him mercy....... then he wanna act like he wanna continue beliee me he was very happy to not have to risk brain damage he was getting PUMMELED

depends how Ngannou comes out. I think either Ngannou starches him quick or its a one sided beat down in favour of Curtis.

I'll be shocked if he even wins the title in the first place.

Dont you have to have the belt before you can defend it? Dont you have to defend it before you can break the defense record?

Cart before horse type of situation no?

Good fighter, strong wrestling, could grind out a few wins in a row for sure.

Back