Curry/Klay/Green or Durant/Westbrook/Harden

This is a no contest, would have been a fun ride to see OKC's trio evolve together though

True, but there's also the possibility that it would have fallen apart regardless. Based on what we've seen from Harden and Westbrook, it's reasonable to think they never would have developed the type of chemistry needed to win championships. When you watch Steph/Klay/Green, it's clear their games compliment each other. To his credit, KD was able to integrate himself into that mix, without disrupting that chemistry too much. Harden and Westbrook are just too much of solo acts for a system like that to work IMO.

Westbrook is the poison that wouldnt allow that trio to be as great as they should be. He isnt a winner. He plays hard but he doesnt play smart. His ego controls him.

It's pretty pathetic. They have the best draft run in history with those 3, go to the Finals (out of the West, beating defending champs Dallas and next years Finals team Spurs on the way) when they're all 23 or younger and then just give away Hardcan because Perk and Ibaka were just too important. LMAO. I don't blame KD for leaving, though going to GSW was a bitch move.

Sam Presti outsmarted himself during that crapfest . . .

True, but there's also the possibility that it would have fallen apart regardless. Based on what we've seen from Harden and Westbrook, it's reasonable to think they never would have developed the type of chemistry needed to win championships. When you watch Steph/Klay/Green, it's clear their games compliment each other. To his credit, KD was able to integrate himself into that mix, without disrupting that chemistry too much. Harden and Westbrook are just too much of solo acts for a system like that to work IMO.

I would've liked them to have been given a chance to do so though . . . to mature and grow up a little together.

The problem with westbrook, durant, and harden is that they are all ball dominant. It would kill the flow of the game compared to the golden state trio.

For sure, since we are just "dreaming", let's imagine that they developed great chemistry and played at the level they are playing now, that would have been something.

Juice, Wad, Bish

Makes me wonder, who the GOAT Big 3 are. Off the top of my head, the upper echelon would like the following:

MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Magic/KAJ/Worthy
Bird/McHale/Parish
Lebron/Wade/Bosh
Lebron/Irving/Love
Steph/Klay/Green

Makes me wonder, who the GOAT Big 3 are. Off the top of my head, the upper echelon would like the following:

MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Magic/KAJ/Worthy
Bird/McHale/Parish
Lebron/Wade/Bosh
Lebron/Irving/Love
Steph/Klay/Green
I’d go with

Barkley
KJ
Thunder Dan Majerle

Followed by

Nash
Stoudemire
Marion

MJ/Pippen/Rodman
Magic/KAJ/Worthy
Bird/McHale/Parish
Lebron/Wade/Bosh
Lebron/Irving/Love
Steph/Klay/Green

None of the above.

The GOAT trio is 2006 Clippers

Elton Brand
Chris Kamen
Corey Maggette

Come@me

OKC is excellent at acquiring talent but terrible at managing it. They've had Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka, Oladipo, Paul George, and Carmelo all within a 7yr span yet have nothing to show for it. How....
Not to mention DION WAITERS

they’d prob a have a better chance against the Warios 3 without Westbrick

with all the hindsight, id take curry, green, and thompson, because they seem to understand they have a good thing going together, and want to stay together.

Back