Currently Ranked 5th for "Striking Accuracy" in UFC History :D

Ben Saunders

Blue Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Just under "Legends" Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, & Josh Barnett

What an honor to share a list with such great men. And an huge accomplishment I feel, I mean I've givin my life to this sport, and it really feels good when you see the hard work is being acknowledged.

Big thanks to the UFC and also to all of you guys. I have said this in the past, but I am serious. This sport has many Highs and Lows, and for me the support fighters get from the fans goes a really long way. It also rationalizes to me that my mentality of the game holds true. I fight for how I want to be remembered when its all said and done. When I stop fighting, Legacy is all we have left.

Stylistically I feel I chose one of hardest ways to be successful in this game and maintain success for a prolonged period of time. I have had many opportunities to change my fighting fight safer, or what some like to call "Taking the fight out of the fight" whether through fighting like a [Point Spar'er], or being EXTREMELY light on your toes, aka a [Runner], or the [Nullifier] with clinch and cage work to slow it down and eat up the clock winning control points for the judges, or the [LAYnPRAY'er] which sole purpose is to get take downs and control for the rest of the duration only going for a finish if it becomes easy, or the opponent mentally quits. (Obviously I'm talking about motives more than how a fight happens to play out.)

But to go into every fight with the mentality that your opponent will NOT make it to round 2, and believing truthfully that even if they do, they are going to be wishing they didn't. I fight to end it viciously and violently EVERY TIME. Not because I like hurting people, or because I have an Ego. I chose to create a mentality that I feel allows me to fight the way I do, and with hard work comes the skills to back it up. I also am a bit of a sick fuck and my idols were the likes of ShootBoxe fighters Wand, Shogun, and Ninja, as well as Chuck Liddell, CroCop, Sakuraba, and Fedor. LOL

Since my return to UFC people have been talking a lot about my jits game. Which is AWESOME! I always wanted to be dangerous everywhere and now I feel I am. :)

But just like my jits game, I have been evolving my striking nonstop as well. Learning more and improving every single fight in my opinion. I look forward to showcasing those improvements in my next bout. :)

I try to pride myself on being a good striker. My initial introduction to martial arts came from Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do, which is open to all ranges and forms of attack. Keeping an open mind, but at the time it predominately focused a lot on the striking aspect of the game. This is where my martial arts journey began. That is my foundation. Then bring my introduction to the UFC at 10 years old, watching the 1st ever UFC Live on PPV. This is when I knew the meaning of life for me. Lol

Ever since I have been a life-long student of martial arts, and my journey to create my own that works best for me and my body type, length, flexibility, dexterity, you name it. To me JKD philosophies were open to everyone, though I was aware some of the techniques incorporated worked extremely well for a smaller, faster, person. But like anything the more you know, whether you use it or not, it stays in your database in order to defend against it, using ninja sense to detect it before it comes, or teach to students at a later date. Always taking whats useless to me, discarding whats useless, while creating what is essentially my own.

I have spent about 25 years creating a that I truly feel is one of a kind, and within this deadly game where one mistake is the difference between success and failure. Trying new things, evolving outside your comfort zone, and staying dedicated to your personal evolution is the key. For those that understand what [Mixed] Martial Arts is all about...it is much more deep than just winning a fight. There is definitely much more to it. One thing I believe wholeheartedly is that there is no one in the world like me. Which as an Artist originality is always what we are aiming to achieve. :)

Forever evolving, learning, and improving till I die.

Never capable of Mastery as that is but a Myth and Illusion.

I understand reality and can see truth in the game, which is why my thirst for knowledge will never be quenched.

Once again thank you guys for following my career. Man this has been fun as hell to share and experience with you all over the years. FOR GODS SAKES WE MADE HISTORY TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!! Don't think I'll ever forget! :D

Next in line is the always dangerous Patrick Cote. He is a great guy and God blessed him with a granite chin and sick skills to boot. It should be one hell of a clash! I have been known to Knock Out the UnKnockout-able(if that's a word) in the past. So it's never impossible. Lol

UFC Fight Night BOSTON! We will be fighting on Fox Sports 1, January 17th.
YES it is on a Sunday! Lol I believe Dana White has a Partiots game to attend on Saturday.... Hahahaha
Any ways anyone that can make it to the venue def should, the whole card is stacked. Otherwise watch it LIVE! :D

MAIN CARD
FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Dominick Cruz
for bantamweight title
Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis
Travis Browne vs. Matt Mitrione
Maximo Blanco vs. opponent TBA

PRELIMINARY CARD

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
Ross Pearson vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Patrick Cote vs. Ben Saunders
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Chris Wade
Jimy Hettes vs. Charles Rosa

PRELIMINARY CARD
UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET
Daron Cruickshank vs. Paul Felder
Tim Boetsch vs. Ed Herman
Ilir Latifi vs. Sean O'Connell
Rob Font vs. Patrick Williams
Francimar Barroso vs. Abdul-Kerim Edilov

This will also be my 30th MMA bout, Say Whhaaaaaaat!? Shits Crazy! Lol

FB_IMG_1451345614572.jpg

Be weary of those looping shots when you put the plum on Cote :)

Hey good luck Ben. Always nice to see some pro fighters around here.

Off topic: Latifi vs O Connel looks like a god damn mismatch.

awesome, I am a big fan. Good luck on your fight. God bless

That's a great card. Especially for free. Tough match up for anyone at WW can be said about both Cote and yourself. Can't wait. Good luck.

Thanks for giving us your time, Ben. Good luck on your upcoming fight and thanks for always busting your ass no matter the circumstance to entertain us.

Once again thank you guys for following my career. Man this has been fun as hell to share and experience with you all over the years. FOR GODS SAKES WE MADE HISTORY TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!! Don't think I'll ever forget! :D

and thank you for the entertaining fights. and being genuine.

Thanks for posting Ben. I'm looking forward to your fight.

Back