Current Machida would likely beat Whittaker

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
Styles make fights. Whittaker, as well rounded as he may be, tends to falter against other strikers, i say this because the last time he lost, it was (coincidentally) against a Karate fighter in Stephen Thompson, and before that fight he had lost to Court McGee, another Karate fighter. Even though Lyoto lost to Rockhold and Romero, he is still a monster in the striking department, having completely obliterated Gegard Mousasi (Bring him back ffs) in 2014. I'm pretty confident in Lyoto, and even Anderson's chances against Whittaker.

Whittaker send Machida's glass chin to the shadow realm inside 1 round.

Styles make fights. Whittaker, as well rounded as he may be, tends to falter against other strikers, i say this because the last time he lost, it was (coincidentally) against a Karate fighter in Stephen Thompson, and before that fight he had lost to Court McGee, another Karate fighter. Even though Lyoto lost to Rockhold and Romero, he is still a monster in the striking department, having completely obliterated Gegard Mousasi (Bring him back ffs) in 2014. I'm pretty confident in Lyoto, and even Anderson's chances against Whittaker.
giphy.gif

Whittaker is the MIDDLEWEIGHT goat I really don't give a shit

By current do you mean 'Brazil' (where his next fight is) Machida?

ufc_2824124b.jpg

We don't know which level Current Machida is.
We know Current Whittaker is at the highest level.
Let's find out how Machida looks in his comeback fight.

But good post - based on history Whittaker does better against wrestlers than strikers.

Last edited:
It's certainly possible. Whittaker has just beaten the two most accomplished grapplers in the UFC, but he hasn't beaten a really good striker yet.

I do agree somewhat with the TS.

Machida matches up better stylistically against Whittaker than he does versus Romero, Rockhold and Jacare.

Machida would rather face a striker than a grappler.

The only concern I have now is the age difference. Machida was already on the decline before we last saw him and it has been almost two years. Chances are he has declined more.

Prime Machida would definitely outclass Whittaker but he might be too old at this point while RW is in his prime.

I still think current Lyoto can keep it very competitive.

we don't have the slightest idea how lyoto is nowadays. maybe the huge time off was a good thing for him, maybe he wasn't and he will be even worse than against rockhold and romero, who knows?

personally, I hope I see a great lyoto. but we can only hope

The only striker Whittaker has fought since getting his ass handed by Stephen Thompson was Uriah Hall, he is still untested against the best strikers in MW, which is why i'm so sad Moose left ;\

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

also i know you didn't just call court mcgee a karate fighter lmfao.

Last edited:
Nope. USADA killed Machida <45>

I doubt it. Machida's been on the decline for a long time.

Nope he'd be ko'd Whittaker is too much for Machida at this point in his career.

Do people realize Whittaker was only 23 years old when he lost to Wonderboy? He's improved significantly, I don't think Machida would have much for him now. I don't even think Wonderboy would have much for him at this point.

Last edited:
Current James Edwart is likely smoking crack.

Back