Current Anthony Joshua vs. Early Lennox Lewis.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
By early, I mean Lewis when he was 21 fights into his career like Joshua.

Who would win? Lewis had a better jab and faster hands, but he had a tendency to get a bit wild. You could argue that Joshua has fought better opposition than Lewis had at that point of his career.

Here's Lewis when he was 21-0.

Lewis would beat him. He hadn't yet developed the cockiness he had against Rahman. He was a fighter with more tools than Joshua.

Any version of Lennox starches AJ.
I don't think so. At this exact point in time in lennoxs career he was at national level hadn't even fought and lost to mcall and was very very fresh.

Current aj starches Lennox at the same points in their careers.

It's unreasonable and plain untrue that Lennox was at world level in his 21st fight.

hmmm.

honestly I think Joshua would have a good shot. lennox wasn't really lennox until 96ish

I don't think so. At this exact point in time in lennoxs career he was at national level hadn't even fought and lost to mcall and was very very fresh.

Current aj starches Lennox at the same points in their careers.

It's unreasonable and plain untrue that Lennox was at world level in his 21st fight.
He was 22-0 when he won his first world title. He also fought a better class of opponent as an amateur.

hmmm.

honestly I think Joshua would have a good shot. lennox wasn't really lennox until 96ish
Puncher's chance. Thats about it. Lewis was better at everything. Joshua wouldn't get by Lewis's jab. He almost got stopped by an old Klitschko who could barely get his shots off.

He was 22-0 when he won his first world title. He also fought a better class of opponent as an amateur.
As an amatuer? Fair enough. But at professional level AJ has the better record up til current. I don't think Tony tucker is better than wlad or even parker.

Puncher's chance. Thats about it. Lewis was better at everything. Joshua wouldn't get by Lewis's jab. He almost got stopped by an old Klitschko who could barely get his shots off.

Lewis had a great jab, even early in his career.

One of the best jabs of all time.

As an amatuer? Fair enough. But at professional level AJ has the better record up til current. I don't think Tony tucker is better than wlad or even parker.
Well, no. Tucker isn't a great like Wlad is but I think Tony Tucker was better than the version of Wlad Joshua fought. Remember Wlads previous fight where he looked like shot fighter.
Joseph Parker doesn't rate for me really. I believe Tucker was better than Parker.

Eh. Frank Bruno pretty much dominated their fight until the KO.

And Ruddock biggest achievement are the Tyson losses.

I'd say 96 Lewis kills Joshua. But 21-0 Lewis? closer fight forsure.

Why I always though Bowe would have beaten that Lewis too. That Lewis is not 96 Lewis.

Joshua has enough power and skill to make it interesting for 6ish rounds

Lennox overall had a much higher skillset by his 21st fight. He wouldn't get into a firefight that Joshua gets into to win his fights. Lennox could tool Joshua from the outside and as mentioned already takes advantage of AJ's shitty gas tank down the stretch.

Eh. Frank Bruno pretty much dominated their fight until the KO.

And Ruddock biggest achievement are the Tyson losses.

I'd say 96 Lewis kills Joshua. But 21-0 Lewis? closer fight forsure.

Why I always though Bowe would have beaten that Lewis too. That Lewis is not 96 Lewis.

Joshua has enough power and skill to make it interesting for 6ish rounds
Lewis beat Bowe when they were amateurs though.

I don't believe you've seen Joshua fight anyone who had what a slightly before prime Lewis had.

Well, no. Tucker isn't a great like Wlad is but I think Tony Tucker was better than the version of Wlad Joshua fought. Remember Wlads previous fight where he looked like shot fighter.
Joseph Parker doesn't rate for me really. I believe Tucker was better than Parker.
I think we see two different things. The wlad that fought fury was not the wlad that fought AJ. I know you watched that fight..

So I think you're discrediting him for no apparent reason.

Lewis beat Bowe when they were amateurs though.

I don't believe you've seen Joshua fight anyone who had what a slightly before prime Lewis had.
pro Bowe was a different level. Lewis at that point would have lost to Bowe imo.

But back to the topic. Thats true i suppose. I suppose Its really a style argument.

Would i pick Joshua to win? No i don't think so. Does he have a chance? I think so. At least for the first half of the fight

I think we see two different things. The wlad that fought fury was not the wlad that fought AJ. I know you watched that fight..

So I think you're discrediting him for no apparent reason.
I just happened to have watched that fight with AJ, and I have to agree, that was bordeline the best version of Vlad ever.

I just happened to have watched that fight with AJ, and I have to agree, that was bordeline the best version of Vlad ever.
I agree. And it's not fandom talking. Wlad was the best he had been in years.

I'm over exaggerating when I said he would spark Lennox. But I think he'd have more than a good chance like for like at the same point in their careers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back