Curious Case of Chris Weidman

I totally hated that Yoel did that and staying on the stool helped him get that win however I later found out that it was a neutral cutman that put all that vaseline on him not his own corner. Big John let the delay go on to Kennedy's detriment which is funny because he wanted that vaseline cleared so Yoel didn't get an advantage.

Not sure why the commissions have people in the ring to make sure the corner gets out but they don't have a towel in their hands to wipe off excess whatever to keep it fair. The ref asks someone to find a towel or scissors for tape etc. Can't the commission have someone with a Safety Kit so to speak on hand at a moments notice?
while i generally agree with everything you said, i was coming at it from a slightly different place:

i also think Romero v Kennedy was overblown.
i also think Tito v Evans (fence grab) was overblown.
i also think Aldo v Mendes (fence grab) was overblown.
i also think Shields-Diaz-Melendes v Mayhem was overblown.
most certainly i think Fedor v Lindland was overblown (rope grab, or Fedor placed his hand on top of the ropes momentarily - depending on whether you like Fedor or not).
i also think Serra potentially touching GSP's back of the head during the strike was overblown.
i also think Hughes reaction to GSP v Serra was overblown.
i also think A Silva's thigh slightly touching Sonnen's chin (2nd fight) was overblown.

generally i think fans need to get the fuck over themselves.

cheers.

He'll he fighting Jacare for the winner of Yoel-Whittaker.

Yoel vs Whittaker
Luke just got KTFO
Branch is fighting Santos
Machida fighting Bisping
Vitor fighting Hall
Brunson-Kelvin
Anderson career over

#2 Jacare vs #4 Weidman gets next title shot.

Kelvin vs Brunson doesn't sound right,if Rockhold does stay at mw his next fight should be vs Brunson,both coming off finish losses.

He needs to fight someone lower ranked then a number 1 contenders fight if he wins that.

2 wins away from titleshot IMO.

#stillmyboy

I wanna see him get his ass kicked before getting his ass kicked again.

I remember when people just really think that he would be the next MW GOAT... Big hype all over this guy.

In our defense he looked like a stud.

And he was a stud. I don't know about now, but the Chris that fought against Anderson and Machida, and earlier, was actually really good. The way he cut off the cage and got his takedowns from a traditional wrestling stance, by entering with backhand straights and hooks, was very unconventional and P4P level at the time.

Last edited:
Or how he got exposed as soon as he had to fight a top 5 guy who wasn't an old, past prime Brazilian legend.
This sounds like the Luke Rockhold story. Outside of Weidman, Luke hasn't beaten a under the age of 35, at the time he fought them, since Strikeforce Challengers.
But for whatever reason The Chris is the only one that gets called out for it.

I say its the former.

Because his performance wasn't the only thing that changed post USADA.
So did this body and overall size.

He was asked about his weight and size prior to the Rockhold fight and his excuse was that he wanted to be faster.
And yet he is smaller AND slower.

Even if you think it just backfired somehow ... why would you want to be smaller fighting the biggest opponent you ever fought at MW? Pretty dumb even IF we believe his lie.
He was a damn monster against everybody he fought until the IV ban. I think that really hurt him. And that's not taking into account any potential steroid abuse he may or may not be guilty of.

I think Jacare may be a slight step ahead of Chris at this stage of their respected careers. UD or possible sub.
Me too. I think Chris goes derp mode and tries to wrestle Jacare, ends up on the bottom and then subbed. Cool fight, would like to see it.

Weidman really fell from grace real hard, Hendricks and Barao style.
Did he ever.

I gave him the Rockhold loss, okay don't throw that kick again... Romero loss was pretty bad, but Romero's a freak, he still could have bounced back. They probably should have given him a lesser opponent than Mousasi to get back on the horse though, UFC kind of threw him under the bus (even though they were probably hoping it was Moose who went under the bus in that one)

Jacare lost to both the champ and the top contender within his last five fights. I like the guy and am pulling for him, but he does not deserve the next shot.

The problem at MW is that the number one contender would obviously be Mousasi and he's, ahem, unavailable.

I don’t disagree with you at all. Especially about Mous. I just can’t really think of anyone else to fill that top contender spot after Romero/Whittaker and for the love of god, almost no matter how it ends, I don’t want to see an immediate rematch.

He's gonna fight Jacare like the majority of people have bitched about, he's gonna win and the same people are gonna bitch about Jacare being old and past his prime.

Romero missed weight. Not like he should have many options imo.
he filled in on late notice and missed by only 2lbs and doesn't have a history of missing weight. He gets a well deserve pass on that one. not even the saltiest of salty fighters in rockhold complained. That should say everything anyone needs to know
Romero gets the title shot for obvious reasons
Weidman maybe gets a top 5 opponent

Weidman really fell from grace real hard, Hendricks and Barao style.
Woah, woah, woah, let's not say things we can't take back!

His leg was jacked against Rocksalt, he only fought to save the card.

He played stupid games again Moose and got a stupid prize. But he's not washed up by any means.

The division has changed, you don't get a title shot after beating Mike Munoz anymore!

Back