Curious about women fighters with the most sub/ko/tko finishes..

Holly Holm finishes opponents? She is a pure point fighter and seemingly has little power despite being one of the biggest, strongest and msot athletic women in MMA
Well, half her UFC wins and the majority of her MMA wins are finishes, she just picks her shots... like really picks them lol.

One FC champion, undefeated Angela Lee (8-0) has an 88% finish rate (only one win by decision).

C6NjLevUoAA5DQF.jpg:large

More than a few of those were brutal.

Yeah. Right hand from hell. And a very tiny woman. Always fun to post when people say women have no KO power. She did not really cut to make 105 either. And like Fujii, she often fought heavier women. Her loss to Tsuji was at 115, for example.

Well, half her UFC wins and the majority of her MMA wins are finishes, she just picks her shots... like really picks them lol.

She never commits to any of her shots at all. She most likely has all the physical tools to be at least a decent puncher just because of her size, strength and athleticism but she throws mostly arm punches.
Her physical abilities allow her to sometimes (not as regularly as she shoudl even) stop completely overmatched victims

She finished Ronda who led with her face, had no defence, got frustrated and gassed. She finished Betche because it's Betche. Most of her opponents before the UFC and in the UFc Betche got finished because they had no idea what they were doing on the feet Jake Shields would knock fighters like .that out

She has one memorable ko on her record against Ronda and the other memorable ko she was on the receiving end of in her boxing career.

She never commits to any of her shots at all. She most likely has all the physical tools to be at least a decent puncher just because of her size, strength and athleticism but she throws mostly arm punches.
Her physical abilities allow her to sometimes (not as regularly as she shoudl even) stop completely overmatched victims

She finished Ronda who led with her face, had no defence, got frustrated and gassed. She finished Betche because it's Betche. Most of her opponents before the UFC and in the UFc Betche got finished because they had no idea what they were doing on the feet Jake Shields would knock fighters like .that out

She has one memorable ko on her record against Ronda and the other memorable ko she was on the receiving end of in her boxing career.

The other thing that gets me about people's mis-characterization of Holly (whom I like) is that she is a counter-striker. She sets the LHK up well, because she hides it behind the left straight (generally, the One Kick to End all Kicks against Ronda was different, but a true thing of beauty). Otherwise, she is a volume striker. Yes, she can use the left as a counter, but she won most of her fights (in boxing and KB) by throwing a shit-ton of strikers. For a boxer, her jab is pretty much wasted in MMA as she starts throwing it from kicking range and rushes in behind it. Too much weight on her front foot takes away power from her left, as she has to rock back slightly to put her hips into a shot.

Andrea "KGB" Lee (8-2), soon to be seen in the UFC's new women's flyweight division, has 75% of her wins by finish.

KGB knocking down TUF26's Rachael Ostovich (KGB went on to submit her).
tumblr_nxvtyomGdc1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

kgb-lee.jpg

Last edited:
Holly and Cyborg come to mind, but I imagine there has to be a female version of Aoki (70% finishes) or Vitor (81% finishes).

Amanda Nunes.
15 wins, 10 (T)KOs, 3 subs, and 2 decisions.
That's about an 87% kill rate for her career wins.

Sweet!...somebody knows his WMMA!

Well, a side effect of being old as fuck and stationed in Japan in the 1990's. Kept up on going's on there for some time. Other posters, such as Leto, really know the current Asian WMMA scene better than I do.

Well, a side effect of being old as fuck and stationed in Japan in the 1990's. Kept up on going's on there for some time. Other posters, such as Leto, really know the current Asian WMMA scene better than I do.
He is about to make a youtube channel about WMMA...but i think you allready know that...

Ronda Rousey has to be the most high profile one.

Um... Nunes and Ronda>Holly and Cyborg in finishes (especially since they finished better opponents other than Holly KOing Ronda)
Ronda was super obvious and she is so removed from the sport that I actually forgot about her. o_O
And, Nunes.....well, she's a buzzsaw.

Rose Namajunas has 85% of her wins by finish (according to Sherdog stats): she has only one decision win (against Tecia Torres).
Don't know why I blanked on Thug,m she's one of my favorite female fighters.

Other than Ronda and Rose, two girls outside UFC comes to mind

c60875f9a21431092142e8c9e3b1fbab.png

What a little beast of a fighter. Nice KO/TKO count.

And while I am at it:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yuka-Tsuji-6983

18 of 24 wins were finishes, 16 subs.

Nice find. Exactly the type of thing I had in mind.

Megumi Fujii (26-3)
77% of 26 wins by finish (according to Sherdog stats).

m-fuji_medium_medium.jpg

How could I forget Mega Megu?

Among current and former female fighters, who are considered the, "elite" in terms of finishing fights before the final bell?

Holly and Cyborg come to mind, but I imagine there has to be a female version of Aoki (70% finishes) or Vitor (81% finishes).

Also, any up & comers that we might not yet know about?

Thanks!
Aspen Ladd comes to mind.. 6 and 0 with 5 finishes, 4 ko/tko and 1 sub.. that's approx 83%. Plus when she was an Am, she let me use a pair of gloves in my pro debut back in 2013, when my team left my gloves back home in Frisco!
Cynthia Calvillo is 6 and 0, with 4 finishes, 2 ko/tko and 2 sub.. that's like 66%.
If just counting wins for Rose, she has 6 finishes out of 7 wins, so thats approx 85%.

Among current and former female fighters, who are considered the, "elite" in terms of finishing fights before the final bell?

Also, any up & comers that we might not yet know about?

Thanks!
What??? Holly Holm??? The only people she's finished in her 7 UFC fights were Ronda Rousey and Bethe Correia.

Back