Cuban plane crashes.

Once before boarding a plane out of Habana the same guy who was pushing the bags around and throwing them onboard was the same guy inspecting the different colored fuselage.....not exactly a confidence booster

lol

- Throws all of the bags on the plane
- Walks up Jetway
- Puts on captains hat and enters the cockpit

Leased from Mexico with a Mexican crew apparently.....

Shit didn't know that. I remember seeing pictures of the 50's cars in Cuba it blowing my mind. They must have some great mechanics there lol

There are tons of ingenious Cubans who keep those cars running. They have to rebuild everything, reuse everything and invent all sorts of hacks to keep things running. I saw a documentary on it. Humans are insanely creative when they have to be.

You most likely already have. Delta and United still operate 700 series 737s built in the early 90s. The MD-88 and DC-9 fleets are 80s vintage. Any general aviation airplane is well over 30 years old, so if you’ve ever flown in a Piper cub or something like that. If you’ve flown in a military cargo aircraft it’s likely to be pushing 30. Airplanes can last a long time with proper maintenence. There are warbirds still kicking it just as well as they were in the 40s.
Yup from what I have read in wikikiki the current fleet of US B-52'bombards are aleeady pushing 60 years old

where did they acquire the boeing plane from I thought US companies weren't allowed to do business with Cuba until recently and maybe Boeing sold them some lemons

The last B-52 was made in the early 60's. They just keep upgrading and replacing parts on them.

You most likely already have. Delta and United still operate 700 series 737s built in the early 90s. The MD-88 and DC-9 fleets are 80s vintage. Any general aviation airplane is well over 30 years old, so if you’ve ever flown in a Piper cub or something like that. If you’ve flown in a military cargo aircraft it’s likely to be pushing 30. Airplanes can last a long time with proper maintenence. There are warbirds still kicking it just as well as they were in the 40s.

Once before boarding a plane out of Habana the same guy who was pushing the bags around and throwing them onboard was the same guy inspecting the different colored fuselage.....not exactly a confidence booster
At least he wasn't also the pilot.

There are tons of ingenious Cubans who keep those cars running. They have to rebuild everything, reuse everything and invent all sorts of hacks to keep things running. I saw a documentary on it. Humans are insanely creative when they have to be.

Being completely desperate with a dash of good ol communist oppression will turn you into Tony Stark

fca59ca7-5837-50bf-8d30-067e463117a5.image.jpg

Maybe poor maintenance due to sanctions?

Sanctions is definitely a fair theory. Apparently the plane was a 737-200 series which were made from 1968-1988 so at the very least this plane was 30 years old at minimum. Even with proper maintenance the older something is the less safety features and older technology it would have I assume and make the chances of something like this happening more likely than with a newer aircraft they could be using if they weren't sanctioned.

The last B-52 was made in the early 60's. They just keep upgrading and replacing parts on them.
I want to ride on a B -52 bomber and get thrown from the bomb bay without parachutew to certain death from an altitude of 50k feet.

Yup from what I have read in wikikiki the current fleet of US B-52'bombards are aleeady pushing 60 years old
Yup, my tanker unit has a ‘59 vintage KC-135. I read an article recently where a BUFF pilot was flying the same airframe his grandfather had flown when he was in.

The tanker fleet is no different. Perfectly good airframes that get flown all the time, it’s the maintenance that’s key for safety.

3 people survived. I'm always curious when a flight bad a few survivors

Yup, my tanker unit has a ‘59 vintage KC-135. I read an article recently where a BUFF pilot was flying the same airframe his grandfather had flown when he was in.
Damn I wonder how they re condition those frames to avoid metal fatigue like micro crack

Damn I wonder how they re condition those frames to avoid metal fatigue like micro crack
Well you can’t really recondition the airframes. Rather there’s a set LOV (limits of validity), or number of flight hours at a certain loading where the airplane has to be retired. Proper maintenence, regular tear downs, and frequent inspections ensure that the LOV is maxed out before retirement. The last KC-135 rolled off the factory floor in 1965, yet they’re still the primary air refuelers in the US arsenal to this day thanks to how well they were constructed at the time.
Here’s a helpful reference:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widespread_fatigue_damage

Back