Cub Swanson vs. Brian Ortega

And this is why Swanson never sniffs beneath the doors to championship fights.

He looks all great and shit and then he loses to a somewhat regarded prospect in a guillotine. Like who the fuck gets guillotined nowadays?

Agreed. But I think we’re going to see a lot more guys getting the guillotine now that Ortega is in the mix.

So often you see guys jump to guillotine but it nearly never works. Ortega must have an other worldly squeeze, even made an adjustment while hanging off him.

Very Impressive!
Indeed.

Although I don't think it's necessarily his squeeze with his arms as much as it is with his legs and the upper body control he just exerts with them.

Just looking from the gif how he tangles up Swanson and stretches him out completely is just brutal - kind of reminds me of how people used to get flattened out belly down from the back mount before the average level of defensive grappling caught up with the offensive.

The way Ortega keeps Swanson from getting his legs under the torso effectively nullifies the possibility of Swanson shaking him off or generating any meaningful force into a slam or anything. Very pretty.

T-City actually said Conor had high level BJJ. Said you are elite if you can perfect the crocodile roll and x-guard sweep

And this is why Swanson never sniffs beneath the doors to championship fights.

He looks all great and shit and then he loses to a somewhat regarded prospect in a guillotine. Like who the fuck gets guillotined nowadays?
It's one of the highest percentage submissions in MMA.

Indeed.

Although I don't think it's necessarily his squeeze with his arms as much as it is with his legs and the upper body control he just exerts with them.

Just looking from the gif how he tangles up Swanson and stretches him out completely is just brutal - kind of reminds me of how people used to get flattened out belly down from the back mount before the average level of defensive grappling caught up with the offensive.

The way Ortega keeps Swanson from getting his legs under the torso effectively nullifies the possibility of Swanson shaking him off or generating any meaningful force into a slam or anything. Very pretty.

Man, it must have been brutal from every angle like you said, the way Swanson is panicking to get out as soon as he taps shows how uncomfortable it must have been.

Cub needs to work on his submission defense, is he loses he loses by submissions I believe every time.

Ortega is huge for the weight class, has a great chin, and top level submissions. What he doesn't have is very good striking offense or defense. He also has a very unattractive body, but that's not really important.

Why is that? He can give glory to whoever he wants. T-City went out and succeeded today. What have you done? Oh, right, nothing.

You have no idea who I am or what I do. Don't say stupid things.

Things like "ALL glory to God". All?

Ortega is huge for the weight class.

yup
(what's so unattractive about his body though?)

12-Diego-Brandao-Brian-Ortega-UFC-195-w-750.jpg

You have no idea who I am or what I do. Don't say stupid things.

Things like "ALL glory to God". All?

LOL, sorry I done figured you out. People who actually do something like winning a fight and trying to promote charity say things like "all glory to god"

Now, who bitches about someone saying "all glory to god" during a post fight speech? I'd say miserable and resentful little boys who are mad at the world for their own failings.

LOL, sorry I done figured you out. People who actually do something like winning a fight and trying to promote charity say things like "all glory to god"

Now, who bitches about someone saying "all glory to god" during a post fight speech? I'd say miserable and resentful little boys who are mad at the world for their own failings.

You think I was "bitching? lol. I was poking fun at a funny statement.

What does this have to do with promoting a charity?

Ortega is huge for the weight class, has a great chin, and top level submissions. What he doesn't have is very good striking offense or defense. He also has a very unattractive body, but that's not really important.
and face and hair.

Looking though the scorecards I came upon this gem:

Eryk Anders def. Markus Perez via Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-25, 29-28)

So... one judge saw Anders DOMINATE Perez in every round (10-8 TWICE!) and another judge saw a very close 29-28 fight...

<TheWire1>{<huh}<{katwhu}><{vega}>

What the fuck happened here??

Back