Cub Swanson free agent, removed from UFC rankings

Further reminder that the UFC is absolute scumlord and we should all go out of our way to avoid spending money on their product and encourage the same from our fellow fans.

Bad mistake if UFC lets him go, Swanson is a popular fighter and very well known. Coker will be all over it

His skills started to fade after the doo ho Choi fight

Interesting that Shields pointed it out?
It's not interesting. Shields and a few other fighters have basically sold their social media accounts to that shit website MMA Imports. It's just clickbait garbage and Shields maybe gets a couple pennies per click. Rashad Evans did it, Cat Zingano, Uriah Faber i think.

I'd watch him fight Pitbull for the title

He's never winning the UFC belt so might as well make the Bellator jump at this point in his career and try to get paid
He’s a small FW. What if he makes a run for Dillasnake? That’s a good fight, he’ll also be able to bang with Cody down there, and could face Cruz. All great match-ups. Too bad he’s started to slightly decline. Great fighter.

People keep calling him a “gatekeeper” and how he’ll never win the strap. Both true but he’s an exciting fighter and has a fan friendly style that leaves you satisfied after watching him fight win or lose. Because of those reasons he was the best kind of gate keeper unlike Bader for example. Beat Cub and you’re ready for big time (Ortega). Lose and you’re not ready (DHC).

This is fucking retarded. Dude brings it win or lose every fight.

But they keep punching bags like Diego around.....
I agree but Diego is kind of a name from the ultimate fighter and makes like 40k a fight and fights maybe once a year.

he would be a great adding to Bellator, they should sign him.

Its the best move possible for him. Financially and career-wise.

Accepting Artem Lobov fight was probably one of the worst business decisions of his career.

They have to make room for all those soccer moms and crossfit chicks who are inbound to straight top10 spots in WMMA divisions.

Poor Cub, even the UFC realized at this point he was never going to be champion or even fight for the belt.
So? Are you saying they only need people who can potentially fight for the title? I'm that's not how it works, they need loads of fighters to fill the prelims and cans that can help build stars. That's why their roster is so big to begin with..

Good move by Cub, 4 fights in ONE FC, 2 in Rizin and probably a couple of low key Muay Thai fights in Bangkok. Shame that South East Asian sponsors pay far better than ones from Bellator.

One of the most entertaining fighters from the legendary WEC. Gonna miss him if he leaves

Back