CTE and MMA.

msm1981

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
With CTE being a big thing with football players it would be
interesting to see who in MMA is at the biggest risk for it since
I can count on fingers and possibly toes as to how many have
at least 30 pro fights and or have been knocked out a few times.
The reason I bring up CTE is there is the potential with then the
next 5 years that it could be tested for while living instead of dead.

I would like to know the status of Diego Sanchez. Man has he took some hits over the years.

With CTE being a big thing with football players it would be
interesting to see who in MMA is at the biggest risk for it since
I can count on fingers and possibly toes as to how many have
at least 30 pro fights and or have been knocked out a few times.
The reason I bring up CTE is there is the potential with then the
next 5 years that it could be tested for while living instead of dead.

Once testing can happen while youre alive there is going to be a HUGE backlash on combat/contact sports from the media.

I wouldnt be surprised if the big orgs like NFL and NHL try a big cover-up. I dont think a lot of people realize how many players and fighters have CTE and how bad it is and how quickly you can get it. I think it might have a huge impact on sports soon.

I would like to know the status of Diego Sanchez.
It ain't good..

tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

CTE will definitely be increasingly an issue as time goes on, but not nearly as common as in football.

Once testing can happen while youre alive there is going to be a HUGE backlash on combat/contact sports from the media.

I wouldnt be surprised if the big orgs like NFL
and NHL try a big cover-up. I dont think a lot of people realize how many players and fighters have CTE and how bad it is and how quickly you can get it. I think it might have a huge impact on sports soon.

Umm this already happened

Big Daddy Goodridge is in a bad way atm

i heard CTE is going to buy the UFC from WME.

I'm very concerned for the future of Chuck, Hendo, Overeem, Wanderlei, Mir, Arlovski, Bisping, and Bigfoot to name a few off the top of my head. I'd hate to see them end up like Don Frye, Gary Goodridge, or even worse, Gerald McClellan...

It ain't good..

tumblr_m74u2hqTKt1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I'm sure those cartwheels don't help the brain damage.

Watching guys get KOed is the hardest part of the sport to deal with. There is nothing about seeing a person unconscious that I enjoy.

Watch the episode of “Weediqutte” titled “Gridiron Ganja” and you’ll understand why fighters should be allowed to take CBD. Very interesting episode...
BEUcpYYdNoJ8.jpg

Sadly, Diego is going to be wearing a bib when he eats by the time he's 50 :(
And Ronda's going to be wearing a strap on dildo.

But for a different reason.

Never mind. Wrong thread. But it is true.

In boxing it' about punching the other guy in the head more than he punched you in the head.

MMA is totally different becasu e there are noble and technical arts incorporated like bjj etc, also you can kick, knee and elbow your opponent instead of just punching. - I don't know exactly how this makes MMA a safe carrer or leisure activity but this was pretty much the go to argument from Dana, Rogan and many others back in the days.

CTE is huge in mma..

Anyone saying that mma is safe is kidding themselves honestly..

You can knee people full force in the face ffs...

Last edited:
CTE is causing a storm in ammy sports that will be felt for decades to come.

Parents don't want their kids getting brain damage and, across the USA, entire high school football programs are being scrapped due to lack of participation/interest.

The days of the meathead goon athlete, and there respective goon sports, are coming to an end.

Watch the episode of “Weediqutte” titled “Gridiron Ganja” and you’ll understand why fighters should be allowed to take CBD. Very interesting episode...
BEUcpYYdNoJ8.jpg

They don’t test for weed out of competition. So, does that not mean that they CAN take it ?

Every single UFC fighter has cte. It is statistically impossible with the number of blows they take to the head for them not to.

Joe Rogan summed it up pretty well and I don't have the direct quote but basically everyone in MMA has brain damage and no rule changes can fix that. The only way that changes is when medical science catches up and can reverse or repair the brain damage.

Its that simple.
Everybody in MMA has brain damage.

Back