Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

My dodgecoins went up 150% I bbought in at .28. It went up to .70 . I made 1K off of 200$ investment. Lol.
So I don't follow these but I just looked at the chart. It looks like before the most recent drop across crypto the low for Dodgecoin was around where you say you bought it and the high was around where you sold it. Is that correct?

upload_2018-11-15_17-0-55.png

Haven't seen the bitcoin thread for a while. How's that 20k by end of 2018 going? Or was it 100k? Haven't been keeping up with the news.

Haven't seen the bitcoin thread for a while. How's that 20k by end of 2018 going? Or was it 100k? Haven't been keeping up with the news.

If you would have followed the advice of the OP you would be down at least 75%. He is a charlatan.

Buy stocks in real companies. Amazon. Apple. etc Even WWE. WWE had nice year. Way better than shitcoin

If you would have followed the advice of the OP you would be down at least 75%. He is a charlatan.

Buy stocks in real companies. Amazon. Apple. etc Even WWE. WWE had nice year. Way better than shitcoin

But bitcoin was a sure thing! And investing in all the thousands of altcoins were destined to make everyone rich, because having hundreds of currencies with which to make purchases was perfectly logical! Everyone in this thread and all the crypto websites said so. You're saying they were wrong!?!?

I've seen a lot of talk about investing in the crypto market over the last few weeks given how it's becoming mainstream now. So thought I would put together a few thoughts that may help noobs decide where and how to invest.

I've been in the game for a while now, and have spent thousands of hours on researching cryptocurrency white papers, teams, use cases, and future growth potential.

Please don't take the following as investment advice per se (I am not a financial advisor), but as potentially useful information to guide your own research before investing.

My picks for coins that are likely to do very well in 2018 (these are all under the radar right now):

In no particular order:

1. ETHOS: this is a game changer. Ethos will be a Coinbase killer. They are launching a new universal wallet (coming out in Q1 2018) what will enable anyone to buy any cryptocurrency (not just the coinbase ones) with fiat money, and also let people cash out. On top of that, there will be a price predictions platform, social networking, and a building tool for apps. They will also let newbies instantly invest in diversified baskets of crpyocurrencies (eg. big caps, privacy coins etc) with 1-click type functionality. Very solid team (ex BlackRock COO, who is very active in replying to questions on their telegram chat). Currently hovering around 1.90$ - predictions for next year range from $20 to $100. I see this as driving the next stage of crypto adoption (past Bitcoin to the Alt coins). Imagine logging into Ethos on your phone, looking at price predictions for a coin ranked by the community, being able to invest with one click, and then when you want cash out with one click.

Coinbase will be made redundant by this. And if you imagine how big Coinbase is now (number 1 downloaded iphone app in the United States) - you can see what kind of potential Ethos has next year. Now is the time to get in, before the herd comes.

https://www.ethos.io/

Note: you can buy Ethos by trading your bitcoin for it on exchanges like Binance. But be aware that on Binance Ethos is still under it's old name, Bitquence (ticker symbol BQX).

2. POWER LEDGER: this is a monster. RIchard Branson and Elon Musk are investors. They are using the blockchain to let people actually sell and trade solar energy (this is a big deal in Australia, where it has launched. A lot of people have solar energy meters which they don't fully use. This lets them actually sell their excess energy to anyone in the grid automatically, circumventing the power companies. With green energy being the next big thing, this has potential to take over the world). Their team leader, Jemma Green, is a bit of a superstar. She also just became Mayor of Perth - so political power in addition to their huge plans.

Edit: Chucking in a few alternative options to get the juices flowing, both of these are at ICO (initial coin offering) stage -

edit: adding Bit Degree as third choice

3. Bit Degree

(not yet on the market will be released in late Jan early Feb so look out!)

Huge, experienced team backed by ex-founder of Electronic Arts. Looking to revolutionalise the outdated education system, and introduce gamification to online learning via the blockchain.

https://www.bitdegree.org/en/token#what-are-we

4. Singularity Net (the first ever global decentralised AI/robotics marketplace - letting people monetize AIs and letting AIs talk to each other to fill in capability gaps to respond to business and user demand/needs. Skynet basically. Led by the chief AI scientist from Hansen Robotics, the guy who made 'Sofia'.

5. INTERNET NODE TOKEN (INT)

The IOTA of China. Criminally undervalued at the moment, with the potential for 100x gains in the future. Most people in the West are not even aware this thing exists yet. If you look at the market cap for IOTA, you can see how big this thing can get.

Superstar team, with heavy heavy expertise in Internet of Things application technology, big partnerships (IBM, Microsoft) and a massive use case - the IoT industry is set to be one of the biggest on Earth over the next few years.

Investor types/styles:

You can take the following approaches with investing in this market (or most liquid markets):

1. Day trading (trying to make money off daily volatility/price fluctuations in the market. This is a highly risky and stressful strategy. Most day traders lose money as the market is almost impossible to time, and you are up against trading bots and whales).

2. Swing trading (trying to make money off weekly/monthly trends based on price movements, market news. etc. Still risky, but safer than day trading if you know what you are doing. Decent profit potential, but you need to be heavily into this space, constantly reading up on market and coin news, and familiar with analytical tools

3. Holding (HODLing) - Long term investing. The best tactic by far. This involves finding coins with solid fundamentals, teams, and use cases (ie does the project solve a real world need) - and then holding onto the coin for at least 1-3 years. The market will go up and down, but HODLERs don't worry about that as they have taken an educated risk, and just hold onto their investment through the ups and downs. HODLERs have confidence in their picks based on research, and they don't panic sell because they have only invested what they are willing to lose. This tactic has proven time and again to give much much better returns than day trading or swing trading. The long term returns in this market, and the future potential...is jaw dropping. But you need to HODL to really benefit.

Anyways, hope this is useful for those looking into the crypto market. Remember to do your own research, and happy HODLing.

also, cryptocurrency is for asshats. this is just a way for incredibly wealthy people to trick your dumbass into giving them actual money. They are investing it in so YOU will invest in it. They leverage the value of those cryptocurrencies to do business. They do not, nor would they ever invest in cryptocurrency as anything other than collateral for things that earn actual cash.

That dude doesn't know how block chain works from that interview. It's not a scam when banks themselves are opening divisions for Crypto.
Didn't Wells Fargo Bank get into trouble not too long ago for scamming their customers? I don't view banks as being so honorable.

Didn't Wells Fargo Bank get into trouble not too long ago for scamming their customers? I don't view banks as being so honorable.

I agree. But anything that involves millions of dollars will and are manipulated by any corporations including banks.

I agree. But anything that involves millions of dollars will and are manipulated by any corporations including banks.
So now it's a scam but in the post before it wasn't a scam?

So now it's a scam but in the post before it wasn't a scam?

Not a scam. I just agree that banks do corruptions things just like the stock market and other corporations that have millions of $ like hedge funds, banks, investments.

Manipulation happens, cryptos runs on blockchains that soon will be everywhere. Businesses, medical field, retail, military and commercial.

1. The DAO Hack
$50 million.

2. The Bitfinex Hack
$72 million.

3. The Mt. Gox Hack
$473 million.

4. Coincheck
$535 million.

also, cryptocurrency is for asshats. this is just a way for incredibly wealthy people to trick your dumbass into giving them actual money. They are investing it in so YOU will invest in it. They leverage the value of those cryptocurrencies to do business. They do not, nor would they ever invest in cryptocurrency as anything other than collateral for things that earn actual cash.

Lol. By that logic, actual cash is for asshats. Actual cash or fiat money - is only valuable because people deem it valuable (mutual collective trust). The only thing backing actual cash is government debt - 20 trillion dollars worth of it. Fiat money or actual cash will be worthless in the next 20 years. The entire world will be dealing in digital assets - if you look at the strategic pieces of the puzzle this is clearly where things are headed.

And of course, you would know exactly why the super wealthy would invest in crypto as you’re a telepath. And all those hacks you posted, what’s your point again? The traditional stock markets were riddled with scams and market manipulation for hundreds of years. I’m sold!

Last edited:
Not a scam. I just agree that banks do corruptions things just like the stock market and other corporations that have millions of $ like hedge funds, banks, investments.

Manipulation happens, cryptos runs on blockchains that soon will be everywhere. Businesses, medical field, retail, military and commercial.

Exactly. A lot of uneducated folks on here (led by that famous retard jonesbones) have not even bothered doing any research and cry on forms offering strong opinions about something they know nothing about. Good vision my man.

Lol. By that logic, actual cash is for asshats. Actual cash or fiat money - is only valuable because people deem it valuable (mutual collective trust). The only thing backing actual cash is government debt - 20 trillion dollars worth of it. Fiat money or actual cash will be worthless in the next 20 years. The entire world will be dealing in digital assets - if you look at the strategic pieces of the puzzle this is clearly where things are headed.

And of course, you would know exactly why the super wealthy would invest in crypto as you’re a telepath. And all those hacks you posted, what’s your point again? The traditional stock markets were riddled with scams and market manipulation for hundreds of years. I’m sold!
When someone starts talking about fiat money and how cryptocurrency is going to be the currency of the future, i just stand there like:

giphy.gif

Can't believe people still have their wagons hitched to this. I got in and out quickly. Shit is too volatile and nowhere near as easy as debit/credit/cash.

When someone starts talking about fiat money and how cryptocurrency is going to be the currency of the future, i just stand there like:

giphy.gif

But of course you do. Thats why you post on sherdog. High five!

If the global economy fails, rendering paper "fiat" money useless...all the major businesses of the world, like grocery store chains, universities and hospitals, will fail too

giphy.gif

.. rendering cryptocurrency worthless as well LOL

Basic principle behind cryptocurrency:

giphy.gif

Bitcoin is to actual money, what Grace University is to real BJJ instruction:

drysdale.jpg

I made around $900 when I sold near the top. I still have about $200 in Litecoin and Ethereum.

More volatility means you really have to watch the charts; and, with crypto, that mean 24/7. The dollar is also in a breakout/broke resistance

Back