Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

You're still here?

That guy is the saddest bastard I've had the misfortune of interacting with. He doesn't have a clue about markets, investing,...or pretty much anything.

Yeah VeChain is the king of partnerships, and their main chain is going to come online soon (you get dividends paid out a la NEO/GAS). It's a long term winner for sure.

Only thing is, it's a blue chip, so the market cap is already pretty bloated. In terms of risk/reward though, it provides a base for my portfolio, so currently I've got about 15% allocated to VEN/VET.

Last edited:
Dear Retard,

Let me help clarify some basic logic for you.....yet again.

'Another nosediver' - In case you haven't noticed, the entire market is down so almost all of the circa 1600 currencies are down, or 'nosedivers'.

'lol at blue chip That is down 12% today btw'. As explained to you patiently several times before, most markets are cyclical.

Cyclical means markets go up.....then they do down.

At the moment, the market is..... down.

The best time to buy and therefore make profits is when.....(ding ding, that's right)...when the market is down.

'Why o why??' I can hear the poor retard asking.

Well poor tard, that's because when the market goes up again (which it predictably will, in the same pattern all markets have shown since the inception of markets).......then you will have more money than you put in.

Hope this helps your understanding.

Yours truly,

Nik123

bahaha. Buy low. Like now. Instead of when you recommended them. Gotta be down more than 80% now. lol at a bounce back. Not without manipulation. It is over. A fool and his money.

Bitcoin is nothing like the stock market. Fads don't bounce back. Most cons are downward spiraling. lol at this being a cycle. Absolute delusion.

@Nik123 says low is the best time to buy. so now is the best time to buy. Not months ago when he told you to buy and was 80% higher. Fraud.

bahaha. Buy low. Like now. Instead of when you recommended them. Gotta be down more than 80% now. lol at a bounce back. Not without manipulation. It is over. A fool and his money.

Dear Retard,

'bahahaha' - I can see you're really pulling all the stops now.

'It is over'. Ahh the old classic line, repeated during every market downturn by retards. So not really surprising that Sherdog's P4p king of retards has this as his final comeback.

This market has been declared dead 300 times (literally) in the last few years. So no, nothing is dead, except your brain cells.

Dear Retard,

'It is over'. Ahh the old classic line, repeated during every market downturn by retards. So not really surprising that Sherdog's P4p king of retards has this as his final comeback.

This market has been declared dead 300 times (literally) in the last few years. So no, nothing is dead, except your brain cells.

How much are your coins down since you made this thread? Are you gonna tell me people would be better off buying when you told them to, instead of now? That is literally impossible. You have a negative 80% return in this thread

Your absolute wrongness has been documented in this thread.

How much are your coins down since you made this thread? Are you gonna tell me people would be better off buying when you told them to, to now? That is literally impossible. You have a negative 80% return in this thread.

Dear Retard,

Some of my investments are down, some are up. Let's just say I am 90% down. It does not matter to me in the least, for all the reasons I have patiently explained to you about cyclical markets, ups and downs etc.

Want a cookie?

Dear Retard,

Some of my investments are down, some are up. Let's just say I am 90% down. It does not matter to me in the least, for all the reasons I have patiently explained to you about cyclical markets, ups and downs etc.

Want a cookie?

You told people to buy coins last year that are down 80% since! Do you get that? Do you realize how stupid you are?

You told people to buy coins last year that are down 80% since! Do you get that? Do you realize how stupid you are?

Dear Retard,

What part of 'long term investment' do you not understand?

Want an apple?

Dear Retard,

What part of 'long term investment' do you not understand?

Want an apple?

Wouldnt a long term investment be better to buy when it is 80% cheaper? Retard.

lol at this endless sea of alt coins being a long term investment.

Wouldnt a long term investment be better to buy when it is 80% cheaper? Retard.

Dear Retard,

Let me help you once again.

Here is the definition of a long term investment.

In general, an investment instrument (bond, debenture, preferred stock/preference shares) that matures in more than 10 years.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/long-term-investment.html

Here you are, my poor poor mental deviant, getting so excited about a market downturn over 6 months.

Patience dear retard, patience.

Yours sincerely,
Nik123

That guy is the saddest bastard I've had the misfortune of interacting with. He doesn't have a clue about markets, investing,...or pretty much anything.

Yeah VeChain is the king of partnerships, and their main chain is going to come online soon (you get dividends paid out a la NEO/GAS). It's a long term winner for sure.

Only thing is, it's a blue chip, so the market cap is already pretty bloated. In terms of risk/reward though, it provides a base for my portfolio, so currently I've got about 15% allocated to VEN/VET.

I’m all about being skeptical and I still am to this day. This market makes me totally bipolar, but I do have faith in projects that have big players investing in them. I figure if I follow their investments that I could make out longer in the end. I’m 100% up, I’m all in on house money and I’m still in high double digits. I got lucky I got in early last year and not in January 2018.

As far as VeChain goes, I have an X-Node right now with a little over 10k VEN. Their 1:100 split will boost me over 1M VET which is kind of neat when you think about it. How that split will affect peoples buying habits will also be interesting to see. They’re aiming to be the blockchain of enterprises and they’re doing a really good job of securing partners who will use their chain. What the outsiders don’t understand is that every transaction will cost Thor and Thor will be generated by VET. So even if BTC controls the market now, it’s not going to change how VeChains blockchain will be operated.

Blockchain and Supply Chain go hand in hand. I work in the aerospace industry and I can tell you blockchain pilot programs are already well underway. Keeping the ledger decentralized is the key component to ensure the data being catalogued hasn’t been manipulated. Eventually manufactured parts that need to be heat treated or bought off by QA will need to have their data uploaded to the blockchain as smart factories and IoT sensors will be industry standard and a customer requirement.

I’m not worried about the market cap’s price volatility at the moment, and I’m not worried about BTC’s reign over it. Eventually it will come to an end as more fiat trading pairs and on-ramps are introduced. I know that the transactions to post on the blockchain cost VETHOR and multibillion dollar companies will be transacting on these blockchains and that keeps me comfortable.

If theres one thing I’m keeping an eye on at the moment, it’s DAG’s feeless transactions. That could put a huge dent into VeChains goals. All in all, this has been a very fun and wild ride. I’ve learned so much being in this market.

I’m all about being skeptical and I still am to this day. This market makes me totally bipolar, but I do have faith in projects that have big players investing in them. I figure if I follow their investments that I could make out longer in the end. I’m 100% up, I’m all in on house money and I’m still in high double digits. I got lucky I got in early last year and not in January 2018.

As far as VeChain goes, I have an X-Node right now with a little over 10k VEN. Their 1:100 split will boost me over 1M VET which is kind of neat when you think about it. How that split will affect peoples buying habits will also be interesting to see. They’re aiming to be the blockchain of enterprises and they’re doing a really good job of securing partners who will use their chain. What the outsiders don’t understand is that every transaction will cost Thor and Thor will be generated by VET. So even if BTC controls the market now, it’s not going to change how VeChains blockchain will be operated.

Blockchain and Supply Chain go hand in hand. I work in the aerospace industry and I can tell you blockchain pilot programs are already well underway. Keeping the ledger decentralized is the key component to ensure the data being catalogued hasn’t been manipulated. Eventually manufactured parts that need to be heat treated or bought off by QA will need to have their data uploaded to the blockchain as smart factories and IoT sensors will be industry standard and a customer requirement.

I’m not worried about the market cap’s price volatility at the moment, and I’m not worried about BTC’s reign over it. Eventually it will come to an end as more fiat trading pairs and on-ramps are introduced. I know that the transactions to post on the blockchain cost VETHOR and multibillion dollar companies will be transacting on these blockchains and that keeps me comfortable.

If theres one thing I’m keeping an eye on at the moment, it’s DAG’s feeless transactions. That could put a huge dent into VeChains goals. All in all, this has been a very fun and wild ride. I’ve learned so much being in this market.

Ahh, the refreshing feeling of reading something 'normal' after the bemusing agony of witnessing Jones Bones Groans write like a mentally challenged 8 year old.

So, enjoyed reading that. You got an X-node? No way! Can't say I am not jealous.

There will be a market purge at some point, taking out most of the shitcoins, but the smart money is in projects like VeChain, Ethos etc.

And yes, BTC dominance is short lived, the writing is on the wall. There are BTC independent pairings being introduced all the time, and the use cases other projects have are so much more potent than the currency argument - as you rightly point out, IoT/supply chain, and to add to that - financial services, AI, robotics, etc - the list is endless.

I work in financial services, so I have seen first hand how quickly banks are adopting blockchain and crypto.

I alluded to on-ramps in an earlier post, it's really exciting to see how much is being developed - massive amounts (billions) being spent to build the core infrastructure required for material capital flows - both institutional and retail. Exciting time to be alive.

Hoping Edenchain does well in Q3 when it's released I'm very optimistic about it. They are out of Korea like Icon, but the ICX community is so painful to be a part of.

Other than that I'm mostly in EOS now.

Ahh, the refreshing feeling of reading something 'normal' after the bemusing agony of witnessing Jones Bones Groans write like a mentally challenged 8 year old.

So, enjoyed reading that. You got an X-node? No way! Can't say I am not jealous.

There will be a market purge at some point, taking out most of the shitcoins, but the smart money is in projects like VeChain, Ethos etc.

And yes, BTC dominance is short lived, the writing is on the wall. There are BTC independent pairings being introduced all the time, and the use cases other projects have are so much more potent than the currency argument - as you rightly point out, IoT/supply chain, and to add to that - financial services, AI, robotics, etc - the list is endless.

I work in financial services, so I have seen first hand how quickly banks are adopting blockchain and crypto.

I alluded to on-ramps in an earlier post, it's really exciting to see how much is being developed - massive amounts (billions) being spent to build the core infrastructure required for material capital flows - both institutional and retail. Exciting time to be alive.

I got lucky with the X-node, but I increased my stack to 10k VEN in hopes one day VET will hit $1. I ended up selling my NEO because I liked VETHOR’s stability and tokenomics enough that I think VEN is a better bet. I don’t think a company on earth is willing to transact on a blockchain with Gas that fluctuates from $2 to $80 on any given Sunday. I’m still holding my QASH bag, but I’ve come to terms that it may have been a bad investment and I’m ok with that. I’m easily down 75-80% from when I bought it, but it’s free money and hopefully if World Book is a success, I won’t sell at loss.

You’re right though, billions have been pouring into creating new infrastructure to facilitate trading among other things. Every day I read more and more good news and the prices reflect a market that is heavily manipulated. Eventually there will be regulations in place and hopefully that helps smooth it out.

Korean Bitcoin exchanges gets hacked! $30 Million, GONE!

"Seoul-based bitcoin exchange Bithumb said Wednesday it had lost over $30 million as the result of being hacked, the second cyberattack in two weeks to hit a major South Korean cryptocurrency exchange as safety concerns hamper the industry and weigh on prices.

Bithumb said it had lost $31.56 million (35 billion won) worth of cryptocurrencies and has temporarily halted withdrawal and deposit services. The company said it would compensate customers for all lost assets.

Bitcoin fell about 2% immediately after Bithumb disclosed the hack and recently traded around $6,600, according to research site CoinDesk. "

At least they'll compensate for lost assets.

For you VeChain holders:

My advice is to wait it out until Ledger support if possible and then transfer them.

Drug dealers and criminals always need a way to move or wash money. Crypto is here to stay

I have been trying to get into for 6 months. I watch a lot of vids, but still don't have a good idea on how to make money off it. Wtf am I doing wrong? I am reasonably intelligent, albeit lazy and befuddled easily.

Dear Retard,

Well tulip prices never bounced back or were cyclical since it was a fad.

The question is whether crypto will ever attract the same mainstream attention it didnin December and January.

One problem is 99% of buyers treated it as an investment instead of a currency, and that is always a dangerous sign. If it goes mainstream with the intention people will use it as intended then it might bounce back in a cyclical nature. That is not guaranteed though, most people got burnt and realied there is fuck all you can really do with it.

Back