Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

But yours are down even more than bitcoin which is down a lot. Yours are down a whole lot more. lol.

'Yours are down a whole lot more.lol'

Wow. So this is what you came on here to post.

It takes a special kind of stupid to get their panties in a bunch about a standard market downturn during a 6 month timeframe, in what is the most volatile investment market on the planet. Most investments are only reviewed several years into them - 6 months is not the end game. lol indeed.

What a class A retard.

'Yours are down a whole lot more.lol'

Wow. So this is what you came on here to post.

It takes a special kind of stupid to get their panties in a bunch about a standard market downturn during a 6 month timeframe, in what is the most volatile investment market on the planet. Most investments are only reviewed several years into them - 6 months is not the end game. lol indeed.

What a class A retard.

I'm the retard but you recommended coins that have lost the majority of their value in 6 months. Maybe you don't know as much as you thought you did.

I'm the retard but you recommended coins that have lost the majority of their value in 6 months.

No you're right, you're not a retard. Calling you a retard is actually pretty offensive to retards, and I apologise to them collectively.

It's hard to find the right word for you...myopic? inbred? sad? illiterate? petty? foolish?

I reckon you're a potent cocktail of all the above. Jumping up and down in excitement because the market is in a downturn 6 month after I made this thread.

Volatile markets work both ways, up and down. That's why they are.......volatile. Crypto is very volatile. I couldn't care less what the market is doing 6 months after I made this thread. What I do care about is what happens in 6 years. Most investors who makes real money off the markets do it with a longer term horizon because they know short term volatility is meaningless. But of course, this is like speaking in English to a goldfish.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your 'durrr your investments lost value over 6 months lol' circle jerk'. What a myopic, inbred, illiterate, petty fool.

No you're right, you're not a retard. Calling you a retard is actually pretty offensive to retards, and I apologise to them collectively.

It's hard to find the right word for you...myopic? inbred? sad? illiterate? petty? foolish?

I reckon you're a potent cocktail of all the above. Jumping up and down in excitement because the market is in a downturn 6 month after I made this thread.

Volatile markets work both ways, up and down. That's why they are.......volatile. Crypto is very volatile. I couldn't care less what the market is doing 6 months after I made this thread. What I do care about is what happens in 6 years. But of course, this is like speaking in English to a goldfish.

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your 'durrr your investments lost value lol' circle jerk'. What a myopic, inbred, illiterate, petty fool.

Let's bring the facts up. You hung yourself with your own dumb rope. I was saying earlier today you were more than 50% down. You pointed out you are actually 77% down inadvertently. Now I can say you are down 77%. So that is my new thing. You are down 77% since this thread was created. Nothing in the world that you post will change that.

A person who is down 77% is a retard. Not me. lol It is like you are putting maxium effort into failure. Bitcoins drop wasn't enough, you had to go derper. To coins that dropped even more!

Let's bring the facts up. You hung yourself with your own dumb rope. I was saying earlier today you were more than 50% down. You pointed out you are actually 77% down inadvertently. Now I can say you are down 77%. So that is my new thing. You are down 77% since this thread was created. Nothing in the world that you post will change that.

A person who is down 77% is a retard. Not me. lol

*facepalm*

This is embarrassing. What part of '6 months volatility is meaningless' do you not understand?

It does not matter if am down by 10% or 90% over 6 months because this is the most volatile market on the planet, so extreme movements in the short term are guaranteed - both on the upside and downside.

What matters is the long term, and 6 measly months is not what anyone who knows anything about investing considers...'long term'.

Does that make any sense to you Jones? Or do I need to break it down in little easy to digest phonetic symbols?

The problem right now, though, is the single most important key "fundamental" missing from Crypto is the lack of any purchasing infrastructure. Only Bitcoin has any sort of presence, and the latest bubble destroyed consumer confidence in Crypto, which meant that things actually got worse, and fewer major merchants accept Bitcoin than previously (ex. Steam, KFC Canada, etc).

Right now the Federal Reserve isn't even classifying Crypto as a currency. It's being classified as a commodity. And the Fed is right; spare me the Jekyll Island conspiracies. I believe in Crypto long term, but that future is not certain if the current Chinese jackals and also the powers-that-be can manipulate the market enough to destroy confidence in it, and the possibility of a digital, universal, anonymous currency that is practically invulnerable to theft (unless, figuratively speaking, someone runs off with the entire bank).

Currency only works if people believe in it. The paper we use has virtually no concrete value. It's only money because we believe it's money: which entails that we accept it as payment for real goods. If it doesn't have a viable infrastructure to buy goods, and not just some goods, but all the goods one needs to operate their life and livelihood, then it might as well be worthless.

The Crypto market needs to work a lot harder on developing that infrastructure than working people up over meaningless stock market graphs. Without it, it will never be anything but what the detractors say: a scam.

Good points, and you have pretty much echoed what I often reiterate in this thread - about intrinsic 'value' of a given asset only being what people believe the value to be.

So to your point around purchasing infrastructure - this is being addressed in a number of ways. More importantly, the issue of custody is what is really holding crypto back from institutional money.

Ethos have partnered up with the first SEC registered cryptocurrency investment advisory legal entity and will soon be able to offer diversified investment portfolios to both retail and institutional investors - backed up by a powerful custody solution.

Coinbase have recently announced custody solutions for institutional investors.

Circle have announced application for a banking license in the crypto space, and a fiat gateway.

Binance have announced Euro pairings.

Regulatory pressure is also mounting - which is a good thing to enable institutional and retail investment; through weeding out scams, market manipulation, and further strengthen custody solutions.

The mood music points towards the runways slowly but surely being built for a significant influx of new money.

Which is why, in the long term, I am confident in the future of this space. It's the strategic pieces aligning that often get missed in the short term market movements 'noise'. It is those strategic pieces that offer the best glimpse into the potential over the longer term.

I'm so glad I didn't buy into any of this Beanie Baby craze.

^ That's exactly what poor people said in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015..

I've made a few grand during these dips. Hoping vechain hit's $2.30 again this year.

^ That's exactly what poor people said in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015..

What you think you are:
1*yczfwzWMlzEANed1SMdtCQ.jpeg

Reality:
Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood-760x429.jpg

Now I understand you need to keep shilling in order to draw in more suckers, since it's the only way you can make money. Your worthless coins are only as good as what the next guy is willing to pay. At this point you're nothing more than a conman anyway.

What you think you are:

Reality:

Now I understand you need to keep shilling in order to draw in more suckers, since it's the only way you can make money. Your worthless coins are only as good as what the next guy is willing to pay. At this point you're nothing more than a conman anyway.

Whichever one of those he is... I'd smash his wife.

What you think you are:

Reality:

Who the fook is this guy?

If you’re not going to bring any value to the table except posting a couple of pics with some typical dribble about crypto being a scam/fraud/con, can I please invite you to promptly kiss my arse.

More than happy to get into an in depth debate where you can point out exactly why my ‘shitcoins’ fail in the long run, and propose your alternate ideas backed by research and logic. Let’s get into the details - token metrics, use case, team, current traction, project plan milestones (achieved vs target), partnerships, white papers etc.

It’s very easy to sit there scratching your ass in your mummy’s basement, grabbing your keyboard, and furiously typing words like ‘fraud’ and ‘con’ every time the market dips. It’s predictable and shows zero knowledge of the market - along with questionable life choices, but that bit I’m not going to judge.

So far, blind haters like you don’t seem to be able to refute any of the actual logic behind the picks. You come scurrying out of the woodwork like a lobotomised rat when the market is down, go scurrying back when the market is up. Predictable, happens every market cycle.

It’s a cyclical, volatile market. Has that not sunk in that brain yet?

And here, let me try to communicate to you via pics if that works for you.

conspiracy_theorists1.jpg

Last edited:
Always amazes me how retarded the money in crypto is

The idea that something is an ethereum killer when it didn't even have a working product is lol

The very idea that crypto based smart contracts are even a valid technology has yet to be proven to me considering the Oracle problem still is not fixed.

Most alt coins could be side chains.

But what do I know, I'm only a software engineer and I've only used bitcoin since 2013.

Most money in crypto is retarded Pat, because of people like JonesBones who have attention deficit disorder, and look to sell at every market dip - as opposed to understanding long term investment horizons. Also there are plenty of shitcoins with no need for a blockchain, so that part I agree with.

That said, there are plenty of (truly disruptive) use cases for distributed ledger technology and smart contracts - but you would know that, being a programmer and having used bitcoin since 2013 and all.

I've made a few grand during these dips. Hoping vechain hit's $2.30 again this year.

Good man - same here. Wish I had more fiat to buy the dips but I’m locked in. VeChain is solid, one of my ‘blue chip’ holds.

SAN FRANCISCO — A concentrated campaign of price manipulation may have accounted for at least half of the increase in the price of Bitcoin and other big cryptocurrencies last year, according to a paper released on Wednesday by an academic with a history of spotting fraud in financial markets.

The paper by John Griffin, a finance professor at the University of Texas, and Amin Shams, a graduate student, is likely to stoke a debate about how much of Bitcoin’s skyrocketing gain last year was caused by the covert actions of a few big players, rather than real demand from investors.

bahahahaha

Tether, one of the most-traded cryptocurrencies, shows a pattern of being spent on Bitcoin at pivotal moments, helping to drive the world’s first digital asset to a record price in December, according to research by a University of Texas professor known for flagging suspicious activity in the VIX benchmark.

“Tether seems to be used both to stabilize and manipulate Bitcoin prices,” finance professor John Griffin and co-author Amin Shams wrote in a paper released Wednesday.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...g-vix-alarm-says-tether-used-to-boost-bitcoin

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/technology/bitcoin-price-manipulation.html

Good man - same here. Wish I had more fiat to buy the dips but I’m locked in. VeChain is solid, one of my ‘blue chip’ holds.

Another nosediver. lol at blue chip. That is down 12% today btw. Should I buy it?! I bet it is a great bargain.

dont worry, there will be plenty of more dips you can buy in.

Yea, VeChain has been doing very well in the partnership arena right now. They seem like they will be around for a while and from what their CEO said, they’re building an infrastructure that’s scalable and able to implement DAG if it works out. I have no idea what that would do to their tokenomics though.

Usually during these steep declines I’ll set up buy points and drop a couple of $k on coins I think will bounce up even if I don’t like the coin. I don’t have time to research all of them, but I know that I will drop $2-3k on ADA if it hits $0.11 because I know it’ll get back up into the $0.20’s. Easy money there.

Another nosediver. lol at blue chip. That is down 12% today btw. Should I buy it?! I bet it is a great bargain.

dont worry, there will be plenty of more dips you can buy in.

You're still here?

Back