Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

What bubble? You mean the one that was at 15 billion a year ago and is over 300 billion now? But wait....I forget, you don’t have a clue about the market. My bad.
You're like those real estate agent that tells people "now is the best time to buy" right after Lehman Brothers went bust, and the suckers who followed that advice saw their net worth destroyed. I gotta say. You're quickly becoming the new Der Eisbar when it comes to this whole scheme.

In other news. Ethos hire another financial heavyweight for their team. I fucking love it!

https://www.ethos.io/2018/03/16/vishal-karir-joins-ethos-as-chief-investment-officer-from-blackrock/
Just stop! You have no genuine interest for financial well beings of others. These coins are only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay, and you're approaching scammer territory.

You're like those real estate agent that tells people "now is the best time to buy" right after Lehman Brothers went bust, and the suckers who followed that advice saw their net worth destroyed. I gotta say. You're quickly becoming the new Der Eisbar when it comes to this whole scheme.

Just stop! You have no genuine interest for financial well beings of others. These coins are only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay, and you're approaching scammer territory.

Let me guess. You’re a bitter teenager who is madly jealous because you missed the massive amounts of money that were made last year.

I love your pearl of wisdom - ‘’ These coins are only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay’. O really Orgasmo? Isn’t that the case with every single commodity, asset, traded good or service in the free market? What intrinsic value does a printed piece of paper designated as ‘money’ have? Yes go and think about that one.

It’s okay mate, crypto is not for everyone. Why don’t you run along to another thread if you are not a fan of cryptocurrency? Or do you feel some sort of strange relief when you log into sherdog and troll crypto threads making you feel that maybe you didn’t miss out? Because you did. And it’s ok, you are still loved by somebody. Your life still has meaning. It will all be okay Orgasmo, it will all be okay.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You’re a bitter teenager who is madly jealous because you missed that massive amounts of money that were made last year.

It’s okay mate, crypto is not for everyone. Why don’t you run along to another thread if you are not a fan of cryptocurrency? Or do you feel some sort of strange relief when you log into sherdog and troll crypto threads making you feel that maybe you didn’t miss out? Because you did. And it’s ok, you are still loved by somebody. Your life still has meaning. It will all be okay Orgasmo, it will all be okay.
It's really funny how crypto fanboys get all defensive about their gigantic bubble. Der Eisbar was telling everyone how much money he made back in December and how I was a "loser" for calling out his shenanigans. My purpose in calling your kind out is based out of decency, not jealousy. If I see a thief stealing someone's purse, I'd warn the victim.

I see you're here shilling the "next boom" to potential suckers non-stop. Guess what a decent human being should do when they see scums like that? So as like as you continue to shill like a sociopath, I will continue to call out your bullshit like a Good Samaritan.

It's really funny how crypto fanboys get all defensive about their gigantic bubble. Der Eisbar was telling everyone how much money he made back in December and how I was a "loser" for calling out his shenanigans. My purpose in calling your kind out is based out of decency, not jealousy. If I see a thief stealing someone's purse, I'd warn the victim.

I see you're here shilling the "next boom" to potential suckers. Guess what a decent human being should do when they see scums like that?

Orgasmo, really I mean what I said buddy. It will be okay. You can make your money elsewhere. Honestly don’t get upset or jealous of people who made a killing in crypto - because a lot of us who got into the game early did. Maybe you are better off investing in stocks, or vintage cars....or wine? Does mummy give you any pocket money? If so, try saving up for some fine art. Can’t go wrong with fine art Orgasmo.

Orgasmo, really I mean what I said buddy. It will be okay. You can make your money elsewhere. Honestly don’t get upset or jealous of people who made a killing in crypto - because a lot of us who got into the game early did. Maybe you are better off investing in stocks, or vintage cars....or wine? Does mummy give you any pocket money? If so, try saving up for some fine art. Can’t go wrong with fine art Orgasmo.
If you made money, good for you. That doesn't make it okay for you to continue advertising this scheme when it's busting. Wall Street bankers made off with billions before the 2008 market crash, and none went to jail for it. That doesn't mean they weren't scums. Thanks for confirming your status as a shill as a shameless shill. Do you guys read off of a script or something?

"losers are jealous of our money"
"big institutional investors coming"
"buy the dip and HODL"
"market cap of one trillion in a few months"
"Bitcoin to hit $100k in 2018"

What else tagline you got?

Last edited:
If you made money, good for you. That doesn't make it okay for you to continue advertising this scheme when it's busting. No Wall Street bankers made off with billions before the 2008 market crash, and none went to jail for it. That doesn't mean they weren't scums. Thanks for confirming your status as a shill as a shameless shill. Do you guys read off of a script or something?

"buy the dip and HODL"

Orgasmo, I can feel, ...no, I can smell the jealousy and bitterness from my screen. I am sure the odour is almost pungent on your end.

Look, I understand - you're a .....a Good Samaritan. And I want to help you. Help me help you Orgasmo.

If you don't believe in the future potential of cryptocurrency, why keep trolling crypto threads poor Orgasmo. I feel your sadness.

Let me try and help, here is an idea for your own little thread.

http://poorerthanyou.com/2008/09/25/investing-for-broke-college-students/

God speed Orgasmo.

Orgasmo, I can feel, ...no, I can smell the jealousy and bitterness from my screen. I am sure the odour is almost pungent on your end.

Look, I understand - you're a .....a Good Samaritan. And I want to help you. Help me help you Orgasmo.

If you don't believe in the future potential of cryptocurrency, why keep trolling crypto threads poor Orgasmo. I feel your sadness.

Let me try and help, here is an idea for your own little thread.

http://poorerthanyou.com/2008/09/25/investing-for-broke-college-students/

God speed Orgasmo.

Okay, I see you're going to continue with that jealousy angle script. Nothing wrong with a little staleness when shilling, since Google banned your ads.

Okay, I see you're going to continue with that jealousy angle script. Nothing wrong with a little staleness when shilling, since Google banned your ads.

Orgasmo dear friend, as long as you continue to troll, it is my duty as a fellow Good Samaritan to try and counsel and help you, so you can find a more productive use of your time.

Please, lets take this one step at a time.

https://www.pathwaytohappiness.com/relationship_jealousy.html

If you made money, good for you. That doesn't make it okay for you to continue advertising this scheme when it's busting. Wall Street bankers made off with billions before the 2008 market crash, and none went to jail for it. That doesn't mean they weren't scums. Thanks for confirming your status as a shill as a shameless shill. Do you guys read off of a script or something?

"buy the dip and HODL"

lol exactly. They got their commandments. You left out the "you don't understand the technology" commandment.

Jones Bones my spineless little FUD fiend. Shall we dance?

Get your popcorn out, Jones Bones is going to get taken apart like he has several times in this thread already - its almost sport for me.

But seriously, the guy is a shit poster, comes in spreading FUD and nonsensical rambling posts every time the market goes down. My view - if someone does not have anything constructive or any useful, well considered insight to add...then they should zip it and let the adults talk. This thread is supposed to be about crypto insight, not 'omagawwd, the sky is falling, crypto is a scam' during every market swing. It's like someone going into a public square, seeing a billboard advertising a product they don't like, and getting upset and petty about it - calling the billboard owner and going 'I don't like your product'.

If you’re reading this Jones Bones groans - newsflash for you. If you don’t like the product, don’t look at the billboard.

Last edited:
"TOKYO
Hackers may have converted half of the NEM cryptocurrency stolen from Tokyo-based bourse operator Coincheck Inc into other virtual coins for laundering, a cybersecurity expert says.

The converted coins may have been exchanged to other virtual currencies or cashed by the hackers through the highly anonymous "dark web," making it even more difficult to track the stolen coins worth 58 billion yen ($547 million) at the time of the heist."

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/coincheck-hackers-may-have-laundered-half-of-stolen-nem-coins?

You heard anything about this @Nik123 ?

My view - if someone does not have anything constructive or any useful, well considered insight to add...then they should zip it and let the adults talk. This thread is supposed to be about crypto insight, not 'omagawwd, the sky is falling, crypto is a scam' during every market swing.
The most constructive insight in this thread is the people asking "Why is crypto worth anything?" It is the figurative magic bean thats sole value is based on how much you can convince the next sucker to buy it for.

Kind of bizarre that you only want people here who agree with you. Try and put down the naysayers all you want, but you still aren't proving them wrong.

I love your pearl of wisdom - ‘’ These coins are only worth as much as the next guy is willing to pay’. O really Orgasmo? Isn’t that the case with every single commodity, asset, traded good or service in the free market? What intrinsic value does a printed piece of paper designated as ‘money’ have?
Printed money is backed by the government. Commodities, goods, and services are actual things that hold value. Stocks are ownership stakes in a company. Bitcoin is none of these things. A tiny percentage of people who own bitcoin actually use them as money. The vast majority just want to sell them for more than they bought them. It's possible that it could catch on as a currency at some point but that seems unlikely to happen any time soon with the price being so volatile.

I'm extremely jealous of the people who made a bunch of money and sold as the bubble was bursting, but if you're still holding on to these as an investment then you're a sucker.

I'm honestly baffled that people fail to grasp that. The coin proponents are totally unable to admit that the cost of a coin is a purely speculative bubble with no underlying product or intrinsic value. Blockchain is free, anyone can make their own, and if its going to be adopted it will be on a platform by platform basis, where companies that already have goods and services develop their own platform as needed.

Printed money is backed by the government. Commodities, goods, and services are actual things that hold value. Stocks are ownership stakes in a company. Bitcoin is none of these things. A tiny percentage of people who own bitcoin actually use them as money. The vast majority just want to sell them for more than they bought them. It's possible that it could catch on as a currency at some point but that seems unlikely to happen any time soon with the price being so volatile.

I'm extremely jealous of the people who made a bunch of money and sold as the bubble was bursting, but if you're still holding on to these as an investment then you're a sucker.

‘Printed money is backed by the government’. Sure, if you mean government debt. There is absolutely nothing backing up the majority of printed notes as gold reserves only cover a small fraction of circulating money supply.

Do you know what ‘real value’ printed money has? None, except for human trust. If tomorrow people stopped believing in the value of printed money, then the intrinsic value of a paper note would fall to zero. Trust, or rather mutual collective trust is what gives any asset it’s intrinsic value. ‘Backed by the government’ means nothing in real terms.

The most constructive insight in this thread is the people asking "Why is crypto worth anything?" It is the figurative magic bean thats sole value is based on how much you can convince the next sucker to buy it for.

Kind of bizarre that you only want people here who agree with you. Try and put down the naysayers all you want, but you still aren't proving them wrong.

Why is anything worth anything? People have used sea shells, beans, barley, stones and pretty much anything you can imagine as money if you actually understand the history of the human civilisation. And pieces of paper to represent money is only a recent invention, with a limited track record compared to even sea shells.

Your level of ignorance and lack of historical understanding here, combined with strong opinions - is puzzling to say the least.

Every single asset traded within the human civilisation can be classed as a ‘magic bean’ because the only thing that gives assets value is how much trust people have in them. And funny enough, past civilisations actually used beans as real money - because their society collectively trusted in their value as a medium of exchange and store of value. And yes, these beans were used as money for much longer than the pieces of paper you are familiar with have.

If in the future human society began to slowly collectively trust in the value of cryptocurrency, then these ‘magic beans’ would be considered real money, whether you like it or not. And every single macro indicator is pointing in that direction. It would be interesting to have this conversation in a decade and then see what guys like you think.

So no, I’m more than happy for people to disagree with me - as long as they have an understanding of what they are taking about.

Last edited:
Back