Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

The price of what? Ethos? If that is what you understand, I can't really help you sir.

Last time I checked, like a minute ago - the whole market is dropping (fluctuations in the range of -3 to -15%, Ethos being on the lower end of that scale).

Ya, like I said, all these coins rise and fall with bitcoin. So what is the point of all these coins? The DOW and S and P are up today.

It dropped to $6k early Feb and jumped up to almost $12k in a matter of a couple of weeks. It’s a slow process, but BTC has the best fundamentals out of any crypto and an incredible track record. It’ll hit $20k again and this ‘fad’ will continue.

It will not.

This has been going on longer than a couple of weeks. We are into a couple of months now.

What are these great fundamentals that bitcoin has?

Ya, like I said, all these coins rise and fall with bitcoin. So what is the point of all these coins? The DOW and S and P are up today.

They don't actually rise and fall with Bitcoin. Some do, simply because of trading pairs, others work in inverse, because money normally flows from Bitcoin to the Alts, and vice versa during events like forks.

This is a moot point though, as when projects like Ethos deliver, people will be able to cash in and out of alts directly with fiat without a need for Bitcoin.

They don't actually rise and fall with Bitcoin. Some do, simply because of trading pairs, others work in inverse, because money normally flows from Bitcoin to the Alts, and vice versa during events like forks.

This is a moot point though, as when projects like Ethos deliver, people will be able to cash in and out of alts directly with fiat without a need for Bitcoin.

So bitcoin will die?

It happens in many stock classes. Penny stocks tend to rise and fall together too. Maybe because it is the same people buying them all.

So bitcoin will die?

Not necessarily - if it can effectively scale and dramatically reduce transaction times and fees via Lightning.

But I see Bitcoin market dominance decreasing in the future. That trend is already pretty evident from the last 6 months.

Not necessarily - if it can effectively scale and dramatically reduce transaction times and fees via Lightning.

But I see Bitcoin market dominance decreasing in the future. That trend is already pretty evident from the last 6 months.

I can agree with that. It is the old sick man of Crypto. A fading power.

It will not.

This has been going on longer than a couple of weeks. We are into a couple of months now.

What are these great fundamentals that bitcoin has?

Look, you have your mind set on wanting crypto to fail, anything I say will not convince you otherwise. You gain enjoyment coming into crypto threads and pointing fingers at people telling them how they’re wrong and stupid. It’s not worth my time explaining why the market will continue to grow or why BTC the #1 cryptocurrency in the world has the best fundamentals out of any coin on the market. I’d rather discuss the crypto’s people are invested in as that’s what I enjoy doing. Not arguing with some random dude on sherdog.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Bitcoin."

-Blade Runner

Time to die.

I am actually thinking of closing out most positions.

Head of world’s largest hedge fund says U.S. in a ‘pre-bubble phase’ with a 70% chance of recession

I know we have heard this a lot but I am not sure the "correction" is over.

I've seen a lot of talk about investing in the crypto market over the last few weeks given how it's becoming mainstream now. So thought I would put together a few thoughts that may help noobs decide where and how to invest.

I've been in the game for a while now, and have spent thousands of hours on researching cryptocurrency white papers, teams, use cases, and future growth potential.

Please don't take the following as investment advice per se (I am not a financial advisor), but as potentially useful information to guide your own research before investing.

My picks for coins that are likely to do very well in 2018 (these are all under the radar right now):

In no particular order:

1. ETHOS: this is a game changer. Ethos will be a Coinbase killer. They are launching a new universal wallet (coming out in Q1 2018) what will enable anyone to buy any cryptocurrency (not just the coinbase ones) with fiat money, and also let people cash out. On top of that, there will be a price predictions platform, social networking, and a building tool for apps. They will also let newbies instantly invest in diversified baskets of crpyocurrencies (eg. big caps, privacy coins etc) with 1-click type functionality. Very solid team (ex BlackRock COO, who is very active in replying to questions on their telegram chat). Currently hovering around 1.90$ - predictions for next year range from $20 to $100. I see this as driving the next stage of crypto adoption (past Bitcoin to the Alt coins). Imagine logging into Ethos on your phone, looking at price predictions for a coin ranked by the community, being able to invest with one click, and then when you want cash out with one click.

Coinbase will be made redundant by this. And if you imagine how big Coinbase is now (number 1 downloaded iphone app in the United States) - you can see what kind of potential Ethos has next year. Now is the time to get in, before the herd comes.

https://www.ethos.io/

Note: you can buy Ethos by trading your bitcoin for it on exchanges like Binance. But be aware that on Binance Ethos is still under it's old name, Bitquence (ticker symbol BQX).

2. POWER LEDGER: this is a monster. RIchard Branson and Elon Musk are investors. They are using the blockchain to let people actually sell and trade solar energy (this is a big deal in Australia, where it has launched. A lot of people have solar energy meters which they don't fully use. This lets them actually sell their excess energy to anyone in the grid automatically, circumventing the power companies. With green energy being the next big thing, this has potential to take over the world). Their team leader, Jemma Green, is a bit of a superstar. She also just became Mayor of Perth - so political power in addition to their huge plans.

Edit: Chucking in a few alternative options to get the juices flowing, both of these are at ICO (initial coin offering) stage -

edit: adding Bit Degree as third choice

3. Bit Degree

(not yet on the market will be released in late Jan early Feb so look out!)

Huge, experienced team backed by ex-founder of Electronic Arts. Looking to revolutionalise the outdated education system, and introduce gamification to online learning via the blockchain.

https://www.bitdegree.org/en/token#what-are-we

4. Singularity Net (the first ever global decentralised AI/robotics marketplace - letting people monetize AIs and letting AIs talk to each other to fill in capability gaps to respond to business and user demand/needs. Skynet basically. Led by the chief AI scientist from Hansen Robotics, the guy who made 'Sofia'.

5. INTERNET NODE TOKEN (INT)

The IOTA of China. Criminally undervalued at the moment, with the potential for 100x gains in the future. Most people in the West are not even aware this thing exists yet. If you look at the market cap for IOTA, you can see how big this thing can get.

Superstar team, with heavy heavy expertise in Internet of Things application technology, big partnerships (IBM, Microsoft) and a massive use case - the IoT industry is set to be one of the biggest on Earth over the next few years.

Investor types/styles:

You can take the following approaches with investing in this market (or most liquid markets):

1. Day trading (trying to make money off daily volatility/price fluctuations in the market. This is a highly risky and stressful strategy. Most day traders lose money as the market is almost impossible to time, and you are up against trading bots and whales).

2. Swing trading (trying to make money off weekly/monthly trends based on price movements, market news. etc. Still risky, but safer than day trading if you know what you are doing. Decent profit potential, but you need to be heavily into this space, constantly reading up on market and coin news, and familiar with analytical tools

3. Holding (HODLing) - Long term investing. The best tactic by far. This involves finding coins with solid fundamentals, teams, and use cases (ie does the project solve a real world need) - and then holding onto the coin for at least 1-3 years. The market will go up and down, but HODLERs don't worry about that as they have taken an educated risk, and just hold onto their investment through the ups and downs. HODLERs have confidence in their picks based on research, and they don't panic sell because they have only invested what they are willing to lose. This tactic has proven time and again to give much much better returns than day trading or swing trading. The long term returns in this market, and the future potential...is jaw dropping. But you need to HODL to really benefit.

Anyways, hope this is useful for those looking into the crypto market. Remember to do your own research, and happy HODLing.

CPChain will be the IOTA of China

Few other tips: matrix IA and ZEBI (ico in march)

Lol, maybe investigate a little yourself..

Matrix and China’s partnership with one Road/ belt (huge) https://hackernoon.com/matrix-altho...is-the-next-10000-ico-here-s-why-920492238596

Zebi has a very solid team, a working product, works with India government and only has a 10 mil cap.

Maybe do some research before you answer

‘Lol’ indeed.

Instead of coming into my thread shilling your shitcoins, maybe present a clear value proposition before declaring your crap as the next this or the next that.

You sound like a typical arse scratching noob, but without the humility to appreciate you don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

And I have heard of your shitcoins - I was getting you to use that little brain a bit and present us with some actual value.

Matrix is a ‘me too product’, simply jumping on the AI bandwagon already covered by the likes of Singularity net and Deep Brain Chain. Every project declares ‘huge partnerships’ but most of these mean jack shit in real terms.

What pain point do these projects solve that aren’t already being solved? Do they have a MVP? What is the actual functional use of their token? What is the total supply vs circulating supply? Do they have a single superstar in their team? Does their team have the right depth and breadth of expertise? What is the quality of their white paper like? Are any declared partnerships evidenced and on what is the basis of the contract? What is their social media presence like? How reactive are their telegram admins when you ask difficult questions?

Go back home and do some real ‘research’ and then come back and talk to me.

Just my 2 cents.

‘Lol’ indeed.

Instead of coming into my thread shilling your shitcoins, maybe present a clear value proposition before declaring your crap as the next this or the next that.

You sound like a typical arse scratching noob, but without the humility to appreciate you don’t have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

And I have heard of your shitcoins - I was getting you to use that little brain a bit and present us with some actual value.

Matrix is a ‘me too product’, simply jumping on the AI bandwagon already covered by the likes of Singularity net and Deep Brain Chain. Every project declares ‘huge partnerships’ but most of these mean jack shit in real terms.

What pain point do these projects solve that aren’t already being solved? Do they have a MVP? What is the actual functional use of their token? What is the total supply vs circulating supply? Do they have a single superstar in their team? Does their team have the right depth and breadth of expertise? What is the quality of their white paper like? Are any declared partnerships evidenced and on what is the basis of the contract? What is their social media presence like? How reactive are their telegram admins when you ask difficult questions?

Go back home and do some real ‘research’ and then come back and talk to me.

Just my 2 cents.

I am not going to do your homework buddy and please don't invest.... Couldnt give a shit. I am part of investment group who do thorough research before investing. Yes we invested in these just like we did in LINK, ICX, AION, your beloved Powerledger, Nucleus Vision, Wabi, Wanchain etc
Without exception winners with ICX even doing a ath of 120X in 6 months.

But I guess they are also crap right?

I am not going to do your homework buddy and please don't invest.... Couldnt give a shit. I am part of investment group who do thorough research before investing. Yes we invested in these just like we did in LINK, ICX, AION, your beloved Powerledger, Nucleus Vision, Wabi, Wanchain etc
Without exception winners with ICX even doing a ath of 120X in 6 months.

But I guess they are also crap right?

‘I am not going to do your homework buddy’...

allow me to translate- ‘I don’t have a fucking clue about any of the questions you asked buddy, but I thought I would share my verbal diarrhoea anyways as gospel truth’.

‘I am part of an investment group’

....translation ‘I started investing during the December media frenzy two months ago and now think I am qualified to give advice ...such as Ccfp chain is the next IOTA of China, with absolutely nothing backing up my opinion’.

‘We invested in <insert top 50 coin here >’.........

translation ‘maybe I can pretend I have a clue if I name drop a few famous coins’.

Seriously ‘my two cents’, I’d rather not hear any more from you on this topic.

Next time if you come across a bit more humble, I might actually teach you a thing or two.

‘I am not going to do your homework buddy’...

allow me to translate- ‘I don’t have a fucking clue about any of the questions you asked buddy, but I thought I would share my verbal diarrhoea anyways as gospel truth’.

‘I am part of an investment group’

....translation ‘I started investing during the December media frenzy two months ago and now think I am qualified to give advice ...such as Ccfp chain is the next IOTA of China, with absolutely nothing backing up my opinion’.

‘We invested in <insert top 50 coin here >’.........

translation ‘maybe I can pretend I have a clue if I name drop a few famous coins’.

Seriously ‘my two cents’, I’d rather not hear any more from you on this topic.

Next time if you come across a bit more humble, I might actually teach you a thing or two.

You probably dont like to hear things you are maybe not aware of, but to bad I can post whatever the fuck I want. You can be as ignorant as you want but I can help other people who are open for solid projects for sure.

Its an open forum and there are more flavors then you shill projects. Obv you did not even check CMC, because if you did you would have noticed that almost none of those projects are in the top 50 (Wanchain is not even out yet). We participated in all of them in ICO fase, and without exception have HUGE potential. Last tip I will give you is buy some Wanchain when it hits the exchanges in a few weeks.

Quote me at the end of 2018 to see how your picks performed against mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back