Crying in american tv shows..

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by Frode Falch, May 11, 2018.

1. Nurse Joy

Nurse Joy Lover, fighter, cut man,nurse, aspiring chef.

I do not think American men cry anymore than other men do I think American television producers just focus on the drama more than other places . Watching the Latin season guys get super emotional about being away from their wife and kids for a few weeks or blubbering about Jesus is worse IMO. It makes sense to me to be emotional when you have an injury that could literally change the course of your career and life .

2. Tayski

Tayski Stand-up Fighting

There's definitely a difference of culture between Americans and Scandinavians (you're from Norway right?).

I mean I'm not from either but I've recently moved to Sweden and people are a lot more reserved, calm and collected, and rarely extroverts. They don't tend to open too much to strangers with talks or emotions unless they know them well.

Americans on the contrary seem to be the complete opposite. Most Americans I've met in and outside the US are extroverts who like to talk A LOT and also like to express their emotions be it loud laughters, sounds of surprise or even cries.

Of course this is just a general observation of both and not true for every single person.

Where I'm from it's kind of the middle between the two, but Americans and Scandinavians seem to be the complete opposites and the extremes of either sides.

3. Ghostoftheville

Ghostoftheville Purple Belt

I think using a reality show that picks fighters based on personality over skill should not be your go-to in understanding American culture.

4. Rygu

Rygu Black Belt Platinum Member

Haha dude I do that too, also while stoned but when people die all over the world i don't even care.

5. Chok Sok Te

Chok Sok Te Orange Belt

Mood swings caused by STEROIDS