Rewatch Cruz vs. Dillashaw

RonDante

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rewatching this, the judges easily could have robbed cruz. So many of his strikes you don’t even see becuase of how fast both fighters are, and when dillashaws kicks are slapping against cruz’ arm, you think they’re landing. It’s only when I slow the fight down a little bit and start logging when they’re actually landing does it become extremely clear to me that cruz won close rounds, but clearly. I scored the fight 49-46 for cruz, with TJ getting the 4th round pretty clear. Looking at old sherdog threads, YouTube comments, MMADecisions and Reddit threads, people generally score this fight first 3 rounds to cruz last 2 to dillashaw, but I don’t think dillashaw did enough in that 5th round, Cruz was landing combos to the head consistently and evading most of what TJ threw. One of the best performances by a title challenger in UFC history. Top 10 fighter all time. Cruz bless!

Imo, Cruz doesn’t get enough credit for this performance. He made TJ look silly, there’s a video out there somewhere with all the strikes Cruz made TJ miss. Weird he was TJ’s Kryptonite TJ was Garbrandt’s, etc. Also, Cruz still has GOAT footwork in MMA

Last edited:
Back