Cruz says RDA doesn't have the wrestling to beat Conor

RDA scored some nice TD's on Nate Diaz near the center of the Octagon.

I think his best strategy is the same as that fight.

Conor could surprise everyone and start taking RDA down at will. Everyone would go crazy. Things would look bad for RDA until the ref slips on a banana and temporarily KOs himself. Then Aldo can sneek into the cage and hit Conor with a steel chair. Ref wakes up as Aldo goes back to the crowd as RDA finishes Conor with GNP.

This is such a lie, he said "If I had to bet it would be on RDA" the word destroy was never even in the conversation.
This is Sherdog, we live by the saying -
"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"

Lawler gets rocked in basically every fight and barely wins. Conor is not an easy fight for him.

against the Condits Lawlers and Hendricks of the world. I think hes a bit too big with a bit too much power for Conor

Your just repeating shit you hear instead of actually doing any research. You probably just seen Ohm say that and just ran with it.

with very little effort,the First highlight video i found has 3 non cage takedowns. first takedown shown in fact is done without the cage. If you actually research instead of flapping your gums talkign shit you cant back up, you can find more like the ones he hit on Diaz nowhere near the cage.

RDA is definitely capable of taking him down. Even if he does mostly use the cage, if he properly utilizes his pressure game he can definitely bodylock or waist-lock clinch and bullyhim into the cage. We have not seen Conor make people pay with strikes for TD or clinch attempts, his style works at striking distance.

How I'm repeating things if I was one of the first to say that or even the first. When the fight was announced I was like, oh dude, they are gonna say about RDA wrestling just because of the Pettis fight but they don't even know that he is nothing like Mendes and he doesn't even shot for TDs of the cage.

Also these TDs look sloppy as fuck. I don't even know who are those in the video. If you think Conor TDD is that bad you need to watch him more. Not only the Mendes fight.

You think McGregor knocks out Robbie Lawler? It's official. The hype train is off the rails.

Yes.

I don't think he beat a lot of fighters in there, but he has a great chance against Lawler who gets hit a lot in his fights. I feel Conor would be too fast, powerful, quick in his shots.

How I'm repeating things if I was one of the first to say that or even the first. When the fight was announced I was like, oh dude, they are gonna say about RDA wrestling just because of the Pettis fight but they don't even know that he is nothing like Mendes and he doesn't even shot for TDs of the cage.

But why is that such a sticking point for you when theres no evidence that Conor can stop RDA's game? I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say its possible, but looking at all Conors fight his footwork can be good when setting up strikes but once he engages he's very open to being hit and clinched.

Also these TDs look sloppy as fuck.
Of course youd say they were aweful takedowns...

I don't even know who are those in the video.
They are in the UFC at least, yet you want me to look at Conors old fights against even bigger nobodies as a guage for how he'd handle RDA? (edit:eek:ne of them is Terry Etim)

If you think Conor TDD is that bad you need to watch him more. Not only the Mendes fight.
Ive seen other Conor fights and seen him stop some TDs from nobodies,and he did look good doing that. Particularly one where he balanced on on leg. But again beating those grapplers is nothing compared to ones hell have to face.

Outside the Mendes fight. I also saw the 2 Siver takedown attempts that baiscally scored...besides that power double, there was the second one which was a simple basic pick just like Duffy hit him with....and it was such a terrible sloppy panic move from a punch drunk Siver that, if Conor has improved THAT much, it shouldn't have put him on his ass not even for a second...That was only last year. Give RDA the same opportunity and he gets the TD, or bullies him to the cage and gets the TD

People also said he did not have the power to hurt Hendo...

He did not have the stand up to deal with Pettis ...

doesn't have the wrestling to beat Conor? he doesn't need wrestling to beat Conor

Yeah, you are correct, though this was never proven (COnor said he was on target).
But then again, he (at least) knew he was cutting weight. Whether he was on target or not.

You can't compare this with a guy who was out hunting, and two weeks before the fight got the news he needs to cut weight to fight in two weeks...
Fair enough, I wonder what Weight Mendes walks around at, any ideas, cheers.

i think it needs only one td from rda to finish mcg on the ground
and i'm sure he will take him down at some point, if the fight lasts more than one round

Everyone knows that. RDA can only gets TDs against the cage.

But like I said before, who ever wants Conor to lose will pretend he is GSP.

You say that like Conor has some sort of amazing TDD. He was put on his ass by Denis Siver leg kicks like 3 times.

It's funny how much people try and blow Mendes up as the ultimate wrestler in the UFC when he's not even the best wrestler in his division. That would be Frankie Edgar.

Sure Mendes has better power doubles and he's strong as hell, but Edgar has better control and is a hell of a lot more opportunistic with his TDs. Edgar's top game is out of this world compared with Mendes, who barely changes positions on top. Mendes probably has better ground and pound, but Frankie uses his to set up submissions as opposed to gorillaing. Who cares about Mendes' TD stats, he had no success in wrestling Aldo, and he didn't try it with Edgar. It's funny how in defeat to Conor, Mendes becomes a legendary P4P great.

Back