Cruz says RDA doesn't have the wrestling to beat Conor

Cruz says he picks Conor because "...I know he[RDA] can wrestle but I know he doesn't have wrestling accolades. He doesn't put two moves together to get a takedown. He counts on one powerful move."
Not like Cruz hasn't made incorrect predictions man.

Remember Conor stuffed a couple of Mendes takedown attempts and this time he might not have a bummed knee (allegedly). He'll also have more than two weeks to train for a wrestler. Moving up in weight could have a Rumble Johnson type effect as well.
Rumble started as a wrestler, going up in wieght doesnt magically give TDD,especially since many of them will be stronger.

That's a stretch by Mr. Cruz, RDA has great takedowns, specially against the fence.

And honestly Mcgregor is great, but it is not that hard to get him in a clinch, wich is RDA's best weapon.

every fighter gets hurt in camp and work through it.
Bum knee doesn't mean he sit and wait for healing.
He was in shape, and lost weight in a much better manner than Mendes did.
That's why he had the cardio to beat Mendes.

Yes, obviously he could do better, but let us not claim this is a wash.
Apparently he had an 80% tear of 1 of his knee ligaments, a 100% tear would have meant missing the fight and probably being out for a few months. Also wasn't there a load of talk about him having a very difficult weight cut, I think I remember Sonnen and a few others talking about McGregor having to lose a load of weigh the week of the fight, more than he usually would.

Not like Cruz hasn't made incorrect predictions man.
You could say that about any mma analyst who makes predictions. Being correct more often than not is what matters in that game. The analysis of RDA's wrestling is more interesting to me here.

You could say that about any mma analyst who makes predictions. Being correct more often than not is what matters in that game. The analysis of RDA's wrestling is more interesting to me here.
Yeah but thats analysis is pretty narrow and deosnt speak to all of RDA's game. there are instances of him setting them up with multiple moves, like the flying switch-knee attempt, followed by a 1-2, followed by a takedown he hit on Pettis. I don't blame Cruz tho or think any less of his analyizing skills, he was probably asked this on the spot.

RDA might not have wrestling accolades but what really matters is wrestling in MMA and his wrestling in MMA is very good. More importantly though he's very well rounded and has a great top game so when he takes people down they tend to stay down for a while.

Everyone knows that. RDA can only gets TDs against the cage.

But like I said before, who ever wants Conor to lose will pretend he is GSP.
Your just repeating shit you hear instead of actually doing any research. You probably just seen Ohm say that and just ran with it.

with very little effort,the First highlight video i found has 3 non cage takedowns. first takedown shown in fact is done without the cage. If you actually research instead of flapping your gums talkign shit you cant back up, you can find more like the ones he hit on Diaz nowhere near the cage.

RDA is definitely capable of taking him down. Even if he does mostly use the cage, if he properly utilizes his pressure game he can definitely bodylock or waist-lock clinch and bullyhim into the cage. We have not seen Conor make people pay with strikes for TD or clinch attempts, his style works at striking distance.

Last edited:
I think Conor will surprise many with how hard he is to take down in this coming fight.

He also isn't a manlet like cruz.

Jon Jones is the GOAT...I think he knows a lot about MMA.

Have you been diagnosed with your mental illness yet?

I'm sure Jones is a better fighter than every coach in the world, that doesn't mean he knows how to analyse a fight better than they can.

Why. Lawler has took more than 500 shots in his last fights. If there is a chance for Conor to get 3 titles, it's Lawler.

Conor shouldn't fight Hendricks though. Too strong.
You think McGregor knocks out Robbie Lawler? It's official. The hype train is off the rails.

Have you been diagnosed with your mental illness yet?

I'm sure Jones is a better fighter than every coach in the world, that doesn't mean he knows how to analyse a fight better than they can.

The great Anderson Silva once was a color commentator here on free TV Globo, he was the worse that I've ever listened commentating, really shitty and shallow points he made, and he was speaking his native language.

He was probably coked out of his mind when he said that.
NND2OIO.gif

Apparently he had an 80% tear of 1 of his knee ligaments, a 100% tear would have meant missing the fight and probably being out for a few months. Also wasn't there a load of talk about him having a very difficult weight cut, I think I remember Sonnen and a few others talking about McGregor having to lose a load of weigh the week of the fight, more than he usually would.

Yeah, you are correct, though this was never proven (COnor said he was on target).
But then again, he (at least) knew he was cutting weight. Whether he was on target or not.

You can't compare this with a guy who was out hunting, and two weeks before the fight got the news he needs to cut weight to fight in two weeks...

Back