Cruz doesn't deserve a title shot. TJ/DJ only fight to make

There are contenders at 135. This TJ vs DJ thing is utter nonsense. TJ hasn't cleared 135, so how does beating a smaller champion make him p4p GOAT? LOL

TJ needs to beat Marlon Moraes, Jimmy Rivera, Dominic Cruz, John Dodson (who KO'd him), then he needs to beat somebody in a higher weight division. He has a lot of guys to beat before he can prove that he is p4p.

To be p4p, you have to beat a Top fighter in a higher weight division. That is what p4p means. Not everybody can be a heavyweight, but if you move up as far as you can and win, then we can extrapolate and say "if he could be a heavy, then he would also win in that division, because he came up from 135 won and went all the way to 155 and continued winning."

lol @ "TJ hasn't cleared 135". He beat all the best in his division, got robbed by the UFC (and Cruz), had to fight his way back with 2 dangerous fights that he completely dominated, and then KO'd the champ.
The UFC/Cruz made him lose 2 years of shine, the guy is now 32, in his prime... But you guys are suggesting he doesn't deserve a money fight but should fight Dodson, Cruz (who played TJ super dirty), Rivera, Moraes, even though he won against Barao, Assunçao, Lineker, and Garbrandt.....

Basically, spend his next 2 years without any fights more exciting than any of his last 3 years fighting.....With, of course, the risk of injury etc...

Time goes fast, I wouldn't wait to be 34 years old to aim for big and exciting fights when I proved I was an A-list fighter by 28 years old.

lol @ "TJ hasn't cleared 135". He beat all the best in his division, got robbed by the UFC (and Cruz), had to fight his way back with 2 dangerous fights that he completely dominated, and then KO'd the champ.
The UFC/Cruz made him lose 2 years of shine, the guy is now 32, in his prime... But you guys are suggesting he doesn't deserve a money fight but should fight Dodson, Cruz (who played TJ super dirty), Rivera, Moraes, even though he won against Barao, Assunçao, Lineker, and Garbrandt.....

Basically, spend his next 2 years without any fights more exciting than any of his last 3 years fighting.....With, of course, the risk of injury etc...

Time goes fast, I wouldn't wait to be 34 years old to aim for big and exciting fights when I proved I was an A-list fighter by 28 years old.
TJ doesn't even have a 5-0 streak in his entire professional career (according to Wikipedia). So, I am not sure that he can consecutively beat Marlon Moraes, Jimmie Rivera, John Dodson, Dominic Cruz and a few more.

I enjoy TJ's performances, however, I don't change my algorithm for any fighter. I have a standard, and a fighter has to meet it. It is just my opinion, and it is as good as anybody else's, probably better, because it doesn't ignore the record. The truth.

Tj vs dj only makes sense at 135.. tj doesnt deserve a crack at 125

You Dillashaw fans are getting really annoying.

If TJ wants a superfight so bad why doesn't he challenge the fucking weightclass above instead of insisting on fighting in the one below? Answer me this, you fuckwits.

What's the problem? He's not asking MM to go up.
Plus, you guys are dumb..... one day TJ doesn't deserve to have a title fights in 125 because he never fought in that division (which is the most boring one, with not a single contender...) but then he should challenge Holloway in a division with Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Stephens...... Sure, sure.....

DJ has ducked and dodged the only chance of receiving some popularity and the respect that he wants so bad. What a lame. I don't even like TJ and wanted necktsts to starch him, but I am a fan of compelling fights and it FINALLY seemed that him and DJ found 1.

Boo!!!! Then, Mighty Duck was ACTING like he wanted this fight but did everything to price himself out of it, surgery himself out of it, and now injure himself out of it.<LikeReally5>

And Dana is just a complete pos. Fuck Man.lol

What's the problem? He's not asking MM to go up.
Plus, you guys are dumb..... one day TJ doesn't deserve to have a title fights in 125 because he never fought in that division (which is the most boring one, with not a single contender...) but then he should challenge Holloway in a division with Ortega, Aldo, Edgar, Stephens...... Sure, sure.....

What's the problem?

This isn't the first topic you made about Dom being "undeserving" of a rematch against TJ. In your book fighters that beat TJ are not deserving to challenge him (like wtf???), but at the same time you act like TJ is deserving of a superfight without actually having defended his title even once. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Shitheads like you would love to see TJ do the same to Flyweight that Conor did to Featherweight. That's why you and everybody else advocating for DJ vs TJ should go fuck themselves.

That's the problem.

Jimmie Rivera is currently 5-0. TJ Dillashaw has yet to muster up a 5 fight winning streak in the UFC. He is a talented guy, but he is trying for the quickest way to get a name on his belt. Beat a smaller more revered guy.

How can a guy who doesn't even have a stretch of 5-0 in his division claim that he is p4p, if he beats a smaller champ? It makes no sense to me. Plus, you are calling DJ "Minnie Mouse." So, if he is such a "Minnie Mouse" then what is the point of this fight? TJ might as well fight Valentina Bullet to prove that he is p4p.

I enjoy seeing TJ Dillashaw fight and I think he could be a GOAT, but his record doesn't show it, and in my opinion, beating DJ is not going to make his record any better. DJ is in a smaller weight class and TJ has yet to win 5 fights in a row.

I am not going to change my algorithm even if I respect a fighter's talent. The record is the truth and cannot be ignored. The current standard for great fighter is at least 7 fight win streak, greater fighter is at least 10 fight win streak, greatest fighter is at least 12 fight win streak, along with a fighter's overall record, of course.

If you don't even have a 5-0 streak in your division, I can't call you a GOAT caliber fighter. I don't care who you beat. Just my standard.

So true... no reason to be out this long and make an issue in a division that is healthy. There's a lot of options for TJ at BW right now, no need to force this.

TJ vs Mouse only makes sense if DJ is going to fight for the 135 LB title he’s earned it via being a long-term champ. TJ has 0 title Defenses, so no he doesn’t deserve a second belt.

What's the problem?

This isn't the first topic you made about Dom being "undeserving" of a rematch against TJ. In your book fighters that beat TJ are not deserving to challenge him (like wtf???), but at the same time you act like TJ is deserving of a superfight without actually having defended his title even once. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Shitheads like you would love to see TJ do the same to Flyweight that Conor did to Featherweight. That's why you and everybody else advocating for DJ vs TJ should go fuck themselves.

That's the problem.
lol. TJ defended his belt 2 times and then got robbed. And yes, if TJ had to go through 2 dangerous fight before getting back to a title shot (knowing how he lost his title), I don't know why Cruz, who defended his title against #7 contender and then who got destroyed by a #8 contender (that got KTFO by TJ...) deserves anything close to a title shot.
Winner of Moraes/Rivera should fight Cody, Cruz should fight Lineker, then winner VS winner for Interim Belt.

In the meantime, TJ needs to find an exciting fight, and I don't know what's the problem of setting up 2 of the best fighters in their prime right now.

Plain simple :
-Cody went to #8 to Champion and got KO'd on first title defense = need at least 2 fights before title shot
-Cruz got toyed and lost his title against a #8 guy that got KO'd right after = need at least 2 fights with top 3 contender before title shot
-Lineker got toyed by TJ = doesn't make any sense to make that fight
-Moraes/Rivera winner = the only fight that makes sense for TJ, but what's left for Cody? Make more sense to have winner fight Cody than TJ

If you were in TJ position, being the champ, and if you were trying to give an instant title shot to Cody/Dom (with everything that has happened) instead of DJ fight; that would mean a lot about your intelligence.

Last edited:
What's the problem?

That's the problem.

giphy.gif

Cruz doesn't deserve it. We all know what happened during his "win" of his title back.
Then, he avoided any Top 5 BM, two times, and got wrecked by the #8 contender.

He never ever mentioned TJ name after getting back the belt, and he wasn't even planning to fight him after a potential Cody win.
I used to be a Cruz fan, but after his behavior towards TJ, I thought it was nothing but disrespectful, and that he deserves that the next champion would do the same towards him.

Cruz and Cody should have their hands full with Moraes/Lineker/Rivera/Assuncao.

Rivera does deserve a title shot. He deserved one a year ago.

There are contenders at 135. This TJ vs DJ thing is utter nonsense. TJ hasn't cleared 135, so how does beating a smaller champion make him p4p GOAT? LOL

TJ needs to beat Marlon Moraes, Jimmy Rivera, Dominic Cruz, John Dodson (who KO'd him), then he needs to beat somebody in a higher weight division. He has a lot of guys to beat before he can prove that he is p4p.

To be p4p, you have to beat a Top fighter in a higher weight division. That is what p4p means. Not everybody can be a heavyweight, but if you move up as far as you can and win, then we can extrapolate and say "if he could be a heavy, then he would also win in that division, because he came up from 135 won and went all the way to 155 and continued winning."

P4P
<{outtahere}>

lol. TJ defended his belt 2 times and then got robbed

TJ's two "defenses" were a rematch and Joe Soto. Then he lost. He is not a dominant champ by any means. Frankly he's probably just holding the belt warm for Rivera. This team alpha male beef is the only reason Jimmie hasnt got his title shot yet. Because he isn't a trash talker.

Rivera does deserve a title shot. He deserved one a year ago.
I agree. But what's left for Cody then? Why TJ had to fight his way back to a title shot, and why Cody can just sit back and wait for another title shot without any dangerous fight before?

When TJ had his child and Cody was talking trash a few months ago, I'm really mad they didn't book Rivera/Cody. That would have made more sense.

I agree. But what's left for Cody then?

To fight. Who cares about Cody? Rivera is on a 20 fight streak and is the most deserving contender since Barao. Give the man his title shot already.

TJ's two "defenses" were a rematch and Joe Soto. Then he lost. He is not a dominant champ by any means. Frankly he's probably just holding the belt warm for Rivera. This team alpha male beef is the only reason Jimmie hasnt got his title shot yet. Because he isn't a trash talker.
At least he respectfully gave an instant rematch to Barao who was a phenomenal and dangerous fighter. He didn't do the Cruz technique like "I don't have the time for him, I beat him already, he's not worth it, let me fight a #8 contender".

At least he respectfully gave an instant rematch to Barao who was a phenomenal and dangerous fighter.

That made more sense because Barao was a dominant champion.

When a champion goes on a long winning streak and dominates the division, it makes sense for a rematch. TJ literally had only one high level win on his resume when he lost the belt.

A lot of guys deserve a title shot at 135 really and you can make a variety of fights if the UFC wanted to

Assuncao could get a rubbermatch with TJ. He might not be a well known guy, but he does have a case in deserving a shot.

That Rivera guy too. Long win streak, ranked high, if he beats Moraes he could earn a shot as well.

Moraes (if he beats Jimmie Rivera) is right there. Dominant champ in WSOF, knocked out Sterling who had never been put out, that would be a good fight with TJ and one I'd be super interested in.

Cody could get one, just because of the UFC. Former champ, beef with TJ, and the UFC would promote it well just because of the bad blood. Cody might not deserve an immediate title shot, but TJ could take it just to get it out of the way.

Cruz is the 135 goat, narrowly beat TJ, but he's coming off a loss and might need a win over someone else before getting another one. It just wouldn't make sense to give him a title shot, so probably not him.

That's who's in the mix, and TJ has a lot of options. If I wanted to see one, I'd say give Assuncao his rubbermatch. Has only lost 1 out of his last 11 and that was to Dillashaw, I think he should get a crack at the title but sincerely doubt he gets one.

Honestly, I think beating TJ in a title fight somewhat recently (2+ years, but still not ancient history) is enough to make that fight. However, given Dom's injury history and the fact he hasn't fought since his loss over a year ago, personally I want him to prove he can be healthy before getting the shot.

But I'd also prefer TJ defending before moving to another division. My ideal situation would be DJ moving up to 135 for TJ's second defense, but whatever. TJ should defend against Rivera first, imo. Assuncao is deserving of his trilogy fight as well, but I don't think that's as interesting as Rivera.

That made more sense because Barao was a dominant champion.

When a champion goes on a long winning streak and dominates the division, it makes sense for a rematch. TJ literally had only one high level win on his resume when he lost the belt.
Simple question, If you were TJ would you consider the Cruz fight as a loss or a robbery? Would you consider the Assunçuo/Lineker fights as a normality because of your loss, or as a Scam/UFC politics?

Back