Cruz doesn't deserve a title shot. TJ/DJ only fight to make

Rayess

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Cruz doesn't deserve it. We all know what happened during his "win" of his title back.
Then, he avoided any Top 5 BM, two times, and got wrecked by the #8 contender.

He never ever mentioned TJ name after getting back the belt, and he wasn't even planning to fight him after a potential Cody win.
I used to be a Cruz fan, but after his behavior towards TJ, I thought it was nothing but disrespectful, and that he deserves that the next champion would do the same towards him.

Cruz and Cody should have their hands full with Moraes/Lineker/Rivera/Assuncao.

TJ has done nothing at FLW to warrant a shot at MM. He needs to win some big fights like Borg etc did. And MM needs to be making 7 figures for that fight because it will easily sell over 150,000 PPVs.

no more than joanna does...

rematch in her case

Neither Cruz nor Cody deserve a title shot. I'd like to see the DJ fight, but the rational fight to make based on results would be Rivera or Assunção III

TJ vs DJ would put a smile on my face big time!! needs to happen!!

There are contenders at 135. This TJ vs DJ thing is utter nonsense. TJ hasn't cleared 135, so how does beating a smaller champion make him p4p GOAT? LOL

TJ needs to beat Marlon Moraes, Jimmy Rivera, Dominic Cruz, John Dodson (who KO'd him), then he needs to beat somebody in a higher weight division. He has a lot of guys to beat before he can prove that he is p4p.

To be p4p, you have to beat a Top fighter in a higher weight division. That is what p4p means. Not everybody can be a heavyweight, but if you move up as far as you can and win, then we can extrapolate and say "if he could be a heavy, then he would also win in that division, because he came up from 135 won and went all the way to 155 and continued winning."

There are contenders at 135. This TJ vs DJ thing is utter nonsense. TJ hasn't cleared 135, so how does beating a smaller champion make him p4p GOAT? LOL

TJ needs to beat Marlon Moraes, Jimmy Rivera, Dominic Cruz, John Dodson (who KO'd him), then he needs to beat somebody in a higher weight division. He has a lot of guys to beat before he can prove that he is p4p.

To be p4p, you have to beat a Top fighter in a higher weight division. That is what p4p means. Not everybody can be a heavyweight, but if you move up as far as you can and win, then we can extrapolate and say "if he could be a heavy, then he would also win in that division, because he came up from 135 won and went all the way to 155 and continued winning."

200.gif

LOL what? Isn't Rivera the only one of those guys even coming off a win? Stop hyping up no names to protect minnie mouse

Why isn’t TJ calling out Holloway?

From what it seems that fight should happen not because TJ cleared his division, but because DJ cleared his, that's the right thing to do, regardless of which division should they fight at, isn't it?

You Dillashaw fans are getting really annoying.

If TJ wants a superfight so bad why doesn't he challenge the fucking weightclass above instead of insisting on fighting in the one below? Answer me this, you fuckwits.

If the DJ fight can be made just do it. There is no #1 contender at Bantamweight. Flyweight is nothing but rematches. Spice it up.

You Dillashaw fans are getting really annoying.

If TJ wants a superfight so bad why doesn't he challenge the fucking weightclass above instead of insisting on fighting in the one below? Answer me this, you fuckwits.

Have you been drinking? Because he can make 125 I guess. DJ is a long reigning champ. Holloway has a contender in Ortega.

Flyweight is stale. Bantamweight has no #1 Contender. Now is the best time.

Have you been drinking? Because he can make 125 I guess. DJ is a long reigning champ. Holloway has a contender in Ortega.

Flyweight is stale. Bantamweight has no #1 Contender. Now is the best time.

Exactly! DJ is a long reigning champ and TJ didn't even have one successful title defense, so how does that put them on the same level?

Instead of looking up in weight to challenge himself he will starve himself for one fight and leave Flyweight again after that one fight, because he'll be unable to sustain the lower weight long term as it's unhealthy and not his natural weightclass. This is the reason why you go UP in weight when going for a superfight. I've NEVER heard of a champion challenging the lower weights.

But you dumbfucks just want to see DJ dethroned, which is why you are saying the same thing over and over and over again like a broken record. Fuck you! TJ lost to a bunch of guys in his career. He should defend his title at least three times before even being considered for something like a superfight.

Why isn't DJ calling out TJ?

Because Dana apparently thinks they are not worth $2M for a super fight. DJ is fine in FLW division. And if the UFC want him to fight TJ. Pay the man. Both of them actually. Because DJ was advocating for both of them to get paid.

If he goes up. I want to see a rematch with Cruz. But, I think DJ could beat any of the current top three. May as well go after the belt if he’s moving up.

And TJ should be worrying about his division and his belt. He hasn’t defended it but wants to drop down. You’d think he would want to avenge the loss to Cruz.

Nope. He’s ducking Cruz. He’s actually ducking the whole division.

giphy.gif

From what it seems that fight should happen not because TJ cleared his division, but because DJ cleared his, that's the right thing to do, regardless of which division should they fight at, isn't it?
No. I don't agree. TJ has some guys to beat at 135. The division is stacked with contenders, and he is holding up the line trying to beat a smaller champ.

If TJ gave up his 135 title to pursue the DJ fight, then I would have a different opinion. I don't support champs holding up divisions just to pursue a specific fight.

Fight the guys in your division first, and let a smaller champion come up or you move up to a bigger division.

LOL what? Isn't Rivera the only one of those guys even coming off a win? Stop hyping up no names to protect minnie mouse
Jimmie Rivera is currently 5-0. TJ Dillashaw has yet to muster up a 5 fight winning streak in the UFC. He is a talented guy, but he is trying for the quickest way to get a name on his belt. Beat a smaller more revered guy.

How can a guy who doesn't even have a stretch of 5-0 in his division claim that he is p4p, if he beats a smaller champ? It makes no sense to me. Plus, you are calling DJ "Minnie Mouse." So, if he is such a "Minnie Mouse" then what is the point of this fight? TJ might as well fight Valentina Bullet to prove that he is p4p.

I enjoy seeing TJ Dillashaw fight and I think he could be a GOAT, but his record doesn't show it, and in my opinion, beating DJ is not going to make his record any better. DJ is in a smaller weight class and TJ has yet to win 5 fights in a row.

I am not going to change my algorithm even if I respect a fighter's talent. The record is the truth and cannot be ignored. The current standard for great fighter is at least 7 fight win streak, greater fighter is at least 10 fight win streak, greatest fighter is at least 12 fight win streak, along with a fighter's overall record, of course.

If you don't even have a 5-0 streak in your division, I can't call you a GOAT caliber fighter. I don't care who you beat. Just my standard.

Back