Cruz Combat Custom MMA Short Fight Shorts w/pics

Yeah I see where your coming from Gus, thats how I used to do it too.

Problem is, in MMA it's not uncommon to do multiple types of training back to back, such as standup training before grappling practice.

So I noticed that:

- Thai trunks are nice and light, but not great for grappling because they ride up too much in guard
- Boxing trunks are great for boxing, but not so great for grappling (too slippery from the satin surface and they ride up too) and can be hard to kick in
- Long MMA shorts are pretty good, but they can be too long to kick properly in as well
- Vale Tudo trunks are awesome for everything, but unless your wearing them around MMA guys they look a bit weird in a boxing class with more "traditional" students (aka homophobes lol)

So what I needed was a pair of MMA shorts that were strong enough to hold up to grappling and MMA training, with enough mobility for kicking and short enough to be ok for all areas of training while still having that "boardshort" look.

These fit the bill perfectly. Hope this explanation helps.

Thanks! I noticed some of the MMA fighters actually shortened their brand name MMA shorts. I came across an old thread and one poster was spot on. You could see the logos etc just cut off so it wasn't customized by the maker.

I just don't see how any MMA fighter can train kicks with long board shorts. Even with the side slits it seems over time, it will get aggravating.

Back