Crowfall - MMO on Kickstarter (50% funded in a day)

Yari

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Decided to make a thread about this. I'm not big on MMO's anymore but this one is doing pretty well on Kickstarter so far, it's only been up for a short period of time. and the people behind it have some good credentials. Perhaps it interests some people here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=998375

I think it has only been up for a day, its already at 400k. Pretty good.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo

Edit: Game is buy to play. No subscription fee.

Last edited:
I dig the art style. Probably won't be released for a long time.

Apparently they want to do an Alpha this summer, I guess the real release is indeed far off, but these MMO's really need their Beta's so I doubt it will be too long before people get to play.

It is hard to get excited about MMO announcements these days. They take so long to come out, and so much can happen between now and then (Cough Eqnext cough).

Also it looks like PVP is a main feature of the game. Is it going to be mandatory? Because if so, say good bye to any chance of being overly successful.

It is hard to get excited about MMO announcements these days. They take so long to come out, and so much can happen between now and then (Cough Eqnext cough).

Also it looks like PVP is a main feature of the game. Is it going to be mandatory? Because if so, say good bye to any chance of being overly successful.

Haha I have no idea. I won't be playing it. MMO's lost their touch on me, but primarily because I've already put in so much time earlier on in my life, I would not play it even if I got paid for doing so.

But that said they have some cool ideas. Surely someone here will be interested. It seems to atleast step away from the things everyone tries to do.

Edit: Apparently it is Buy-to-Play. That surely gets some people excited. Considering how the subscription MMO's have really declined in popularity these last few years.

Looks interesting.

Damn 400k that fast?

That's incredible.

Wow this game has some old SWG talent in it.. Raph Koster is working on it too.

I think its funny people think such an ambitious mmo is going to get made with a couple of million dollars.

I think its funny people think such an ambitious mmo is going to get made with a couple of million dollars.

Cool man.

Kickstarted last year, already 135k+ registered accounts, budget: $7.3M and counting, it will land anywhere between $10-$15M till launch. Of course, it still can fail miserably - just they have more than a few.

A couple important updates happened meantime (in fact, much more than a couple, these are just bigger ones) - death mechanics will be very much like EVE Online (check this short comic for details) and this is how building personal kingdoms works - https://ello.co/jamesgoblin/post/e6yhwdv6_xbjtdqnff1tma

so its a less prettier Kingdom Under Fire II ?

got my eyes on this and CU

looks to be shaping up good but come the fuck on, classes locked on races?gtfo with that bs pls, i dont wanna play as a hamster just so i can pick duelist

got my eyes on this and CU

looks to be shaping up good but come the fuck on, classes locked on races?gtfo with that bs pls, i dont wanna play as a hamster just so i can pick duelist
I'm pretty sure their new video "Adios, archetypes!" confirmed that this is no longer the case, and that classes are available on every race now

I'm pretty sure their new video "Adios, archetypes!" confirmed that this is no longer the case, and that classes are available on every race now
i missed that, good to hear because it makes no sense to me

I've been playing in the alpha since November and I think it's a lot of fun. I wasn't around when they had the siege pvp tests last year, but they looked pretty fun from the videos.

I played in the snap test on Wednesday and the discipline system completely changes the game. There are almost too many options now.

I'm not sure if they're doing free beta or not yet, but it's definitely fun to do a little pvp if you're bored.

I wouldn't suggest everyone jump in until there's more actual game. Right now, you basically just log in, cut down trees, mine stone, mine ore, craft gear, and, if you're lucky and haven't been attacked yet, you can go pvp without being naked.

Looks impressive. Will keep an eye on this game.

I'm pretty sure you still have to pay to get into the alpha, but they're going to launch their first campaign "soon."

I can't find the post where they describe it from where I'm at, but, basically, it's going to be three factions (Order, Chaos, and Balance) and each faction will start out at their own temple and then they will go out in the world and will be able to claim keeps and forts, conduct sieges, capture resources, and pvp.

There will be a bar that shows which faction is winning, but I'm not sure exactly how they're going to score.

They said this first campaign may only run for a couple days because they're anticipating bugs, but hopefully it will be a good chance to really experience what the game may be like when it's finished.

So far, the pvp is really fun and it looks like there will be a lot of political drama.

Back